Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

It's true, we always seem to get harsh draws in the qualifier I'm just amazed we managed to get home advantage itself!
Leaving aside the SJ issue for a moment, in pure football terms Kildare are streets ahead of Cavan right now and they've already got their wake up call and kick in the arse from Meath so expect that to be taken out on us when the day comes. Add in the SJ issue and it might balance some things out a little more in our favour but by nowhere near enough. Kildare are a streetwise professional outfit who operate in a different orbit to us and they very capable of dealing with the psychology around the occasion.
It's a shame because what this team needed were some more challenges against opposition more within our compass, to develop young players and give them a chance in the years ahead. Hopefully a plucky performance along the lines of the good patches v Donegal can prevent a hammering and stop any damage being done to our developing project.

PhilsJemmysField

Really tough draw had hoped for something a little easier. But, if you were going to pick a day to get Kildare this is it. Will be interested to see if the Kildare camp crack a little bit. One hell of a performance in Brewster, in fairness to McKiernan he dragged the team along. Caught 3 ~ 4 balls under serious pressure when needed and started and finished the first goal.

The pressure is on McGeeney if with 10 minutes to go and his team are two points down (dreamland maybe) Then what the hell was the whole SJ thing about if he does not play him. Had recorded the Kildare / Meath game and watched it last night (sad). Kildare have not a forward to kick the ball over the bar when under pressure. Now SJ has faults but that is not one of them

Denn Forever

I know Tommy hate HS but there are some good potential Flag titles in the Banners tread. 

My favourite is JELLY MAKES ME WANT TO HURL.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 06, 2012, 10:43:40 AM
I know Tommy hate HS but there are some good potential Flag titles in the Banners tread. 

I wonder will anyone go to the trouble of making a poster, they are not cheap.

rodney trotter

Hardly much point, since he is out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury ;D

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 06, 2012, 05:21:34 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 06, 2012, 10:43:40 AM

I wonder will anyone go to the trouble of making a poster, they are not cheap.

Sure a lump of cardboard and a marker would do rightly.

scoopmine

Jelly injury worry before a championship match? Sure that never happened before.....

scoopmine

Hi folks this day two weeks we will be on the road around Ireland Taking penalty kicks raising money for the SIMON community.
We currently have jerseys on sale we are down to our last 60 of these limited edition items. Please be sure to let your local GAA club know about our event and check thay they have made their 32euro donation. To contact us follow the links for any other info and please do not hesitate to contact us with any query you have. https://twitter.com/#!/search/%2332_32_32   https://www.facebook.com/32.32.32.event    www.32-32-32.com

eachaidh

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack the thread but please bear with me!

I have been made aware of a study that the University of Ulster are currently carrying out into defibrillators in the GAA. It's an all-Ireland study that is based on line.

As this is such an important and emotive subject for many of us Gaels I thought that I should try to get the word out so that as many of us as possible participate in order to make the results more reliable. The link is below and I would encourage everyone to take the 5 minutes and complete the form. The idea is to get a picture of where we are at as an organisation with the provision of this life saving equipment.

I should state that this is not my study and I am not involved in it other than that I know the people carrying it out. But on their behalf I would like to thank everyone who does fill it out in advance. Your help will be greatly appreciated and hopefully will help the GAA and all of our members. Getting this information may eventually even help to save lives.

Go raibh maith agat!

Link Below:

https://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/971431/CRP-Defibrillators-Survey

PhilsJemmysField

A bit mad but anybody hear that young Jelly was kicking frees in Terry Coyle last night

mylestheslasher

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on July 13, 2012, 04:21:59 PM
A bit mad but anybody hear that young Jelly was kicking frees in Terry Coyle last night

He was using the Cavan gym when the senior panel were training and at the same time as he was whinging to the media about Val Andrews. Nothing would surprise me with the neck of that boy. I hope he is starting on Sunday.

tommysmith

He will get whats coming to him sooner or later, he has no manners.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on July 13, 2012, 06:17:45 PM
He will get whats coming to him sooner or later, he has no manners.

Hopefully he gets what's coming to him this Sunday. Imagine some clown made that lad captain of cavan. Most have been the worst decision ever by a cavan manager.