Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

If it wasn't for seanie Johnston I'd only be on 4k ;D

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 31, 2012, 08:37:42 PM
If it wasn't for seanie Johnston I'd only be on 4k ;D

Haha. Sure if it wasn't for Jelly a lot of sports journalists might only be earning 4k a year.

mylestheslasher

The members of the cccc have to be making a few pound out if it too. Everyone is happy, except seanie

CC1

Quote from: whats my name on May 31, 2012, 01:45:48 PM
yea boojangles he broke his jaw alright a melee broke out after the denn full back adrian cahill elbowed david givney in the mouth in an off the ball incident david givney struck him and a free for all occured martin cahill came running into the melee making a charge for david givney and one of our players met him with a box which resulted in his injuries. we wish martin the best and no one wants to see such an injury but the bad press mountnugent are getting over it is not fair they are making it out that martin cahill was in the middle of a melee trying to break it up when in actual fact he made a lung bursting spirint for one wing of the pitch into the middle of the goals to get involved going straight for david givney he went into that melee with the intention of getting david givney as he made a clear run to where david and his brother were fighting he went there with intent and not to break it up as the denn pro is making out on the hoganstand and in doing so he ran the risk of getting hurt himself which he did it was an unfortunate incident but he is no saint in all of this and neither is his brother he went into the melee to cause harm and in doing so he ran the risk of getting hurt himself which he did. im not saying we are saints up here but the way the denn club are making up lies is making my blood boil they had it up on the hoganstand main page that it was an off the ball incident and was unprovoked when clearly it was a melee that happened and he was involved in it.
Wouldn't pay much attention to what they say on hoganstand, sure look at the craic some people came out with following the colission at the junior final last year. I found that to be equally as sickening.

To be honest, I don't think any good comes from bad mouthing the opposition on forums and I think the forum mods shouldn't allow it. Should be purely up to the county board.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

whats my name

Quote from: CC1 on June 01, 2012, 12:32:06 AM
Quote from: whats my name on May 31, 2012, 01:45:48 PM
yea boojangles he broke his jaw alright a melee broke out after the denn full back adrian cahill elbowed david givney in the mouth in an off the ball incident david givney struck him and a free for all occured martin cahill came running into the melee making a charge for david givney and one of our players met him with a box which resulted in his injuries. we wish martin the best and no one wants to see such an injury but the bad press mountnugent are getting over it is not fair they are making it out that martin cahill was in the middle of a melee trying to break it up when in actual fact he made a lung bursting spirint for one wing of the pitch into the middle of the goals to get involved going straight for david givney he went into that melee with the intention of getting david givney as he made a clear run to where david and his brother were fighting he went there with intent and not to break it up as the denn pro is making out on the hoganstand and in doing so he ran the risk of getting hurt himself which he did it was an unfortunate incident but he is no saint in all of this and neither is his brother he went into the melee to cause harm and in doing so he ran the risk of getting hurt himself which he did. im not saying we are saints up here but the way the denn club are making up lies is making my blood boil they had it up on the hoganstand main page that it was an off the ball incident and was unprovoked when clearly it was a melee that happened and he was involved in it.
Wouldn't pay much attention to what they say on hoganstand, sure look at the craic some people came out with following the colission at the junior final last year. I found that to be equally as sickening.

To be honest, I don't think any good comes from bad mouthing the opposition on forums and I think the forum mods shouldn't allow it. Should be purely up to the county board.

i totally agree CC1 that bad mouthing the opposition on forums shouldnt happen

Denn Forever

I see we play Longford in the Junior semi final on June 13th in Longford. Will some of the players be promoted to the Senior team on the back of this?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Swadman

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 01, 2012, 01:39:13 PM
I see we play Longford in the Junior semi final on June 13th in Longford. Will some of the players be promoted to the Senior team on the back of this?
If they are beat, then 2 or 3 deffo but if they win it might be different. It is like a club having a "B" or reserve team. A fella that would never be considered for the 1st team suddenly catches the eye and the benefit is that he has played a few games in a county shirt so he is not coming in completely cold.       

tommysmith

Quote from: Swadman on June 02, 2012, 12:06:39 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on June 01, 2012, 01:39:13 PM
If they are beat, then 2 or 3 deffo but if they win it might be different. It is like a club having a "B" or reserve team. A fella that would never be considered for the 1st team suddenly catches the eye and the benefit is that he has played a few games in a county shirt so he is not coming in completely cold.     

Why would they be considered if they are beat and not if they win that makes no sence.
The senior team takes priority over a mickey mouse competition.

Denn Forever

True that it should not be prioritised over the senior team but hopefully good runouts for members of the senior panel.  Is Brady on the Senior panel?

Cavan - J Farrelly; D MacTaidhg, R Dunne, F Slowey (0-1); E O'Connell, J Hayes, K Brady; S Gaffney, D McKiernan (1-1); C Conroy (1-0), M Reilly (0-2), K Fannin; O McConnell (0-1), B McKiernan (0-2), M Dunne (1-3). Subs: B Murray (1-0) for B McKiernan; D Tiernan (0-1) for O'Connell.

means what he says...

Swadman

That game seem to be tomorrow night according to the Cavan website

06.06.12 (Wed)Semi Final

Longford V Cavan

Time: 7 30 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Glennon Brothers, Pearse Park

Referee: Nial Ward

mylestheslasher

Cavan win 2-8 to 1-10. Martin Reilly goal in the last minute. Well done to the lads again.

PhilsJemmysField

Anybody at the junior game can they stick up a report

Swad man , any word on the  like's of McKiernan how has he gone 4 u lads in the league matches ? Would be great if he is working up a good bit of game time

Swadman

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on June 07, 2012, 05:46:06 PM

Swad man , any word on the  like's of McKiernan how has he gone 4 u lads in the league matches ? Would be great if he is working up a good bit of game time
We played Cavan Gaels last night in Swad. Great game of footie. Swad 1:13 Gaels 0:12.
G Mac played well, set up the goal for the ever young Robbie and later Gearoid drilled narrowly wide himself. He scored his usual few points for us. Hard to tell in the ACFL but I'd say he is close to full fitness. He was moving up and down the field much better than in the Kill game (where he played well though)
Collins (Docs brother?) for the Gaels at 13  caused us problems early on with a few great scores from play.

Denn Forever

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on June 07, 2012, 05:46:06 PM

HS good for something.

Longford were a completely different assignment to Wexford and were very unlucky to lose. Not robbed, but almost. A draw would have been fairer to them, but how many times has that happened to us in the past?

The team saw two changes from last week. Declan McKiernan was replaced by Brendan Murray at midfield and Damien Barkey played instead of Rory Dunne at fullback.

Barkey played well, but Dunne's presence and stability were missed. McKiernan was a bigger loss with Longford's strong pair dominant throughout.

Our forwards were under much more pressure than last week and possession was very difficult to come by. Martin Dunne in particular was well marshalled, sometimes double marked. Martin Reilly's ability kept us in the game. His distribution was spot on.

The first half finished fairly even, but Longford played all their football in the third quarter and threatened to run away with it. Cavan just couldn't do anything right during this period from no 1 to no 15 and trailed by four points.

The leadership for the comeback came from Josh Hayes who pressed forward with every opportunity, even ending up getting fowled near their 14 yard line for a vital free, which was converted by Dunne. Chris Conway was also inspiritational in the last quarter, simply refusing to be beaten. His work rate in the tackle and link play were vital components of the fightback.

McClarey made a big difference when he came on and his part in our first goal scored by Dunne, was very smart. He is definitely capable of playing at a higher level. Kill's Damien Tiernan made a significant impact when introduced late on at the edge of the square. A big lad, he was unlucky with a fisted effort that could have ended up in the net.

Their no 13 got a straight red for an off-the-ball with 5 mins left and Cavan made the most of the extra man. In the dying minute, Dunne lobbed a ball into the square from wide on the left and Martin Reilly picked up the resultant break from Tiernan. Right man at the right time, and he made enough space to bury the ball in the net.

We got out of jail for sure, but Cavan worked hard for it and never accepted defeat. Longford were stunned with no time left to recover a point for the draw. Such is life.

means what he says...

boojangles

3 Leinster finals in the last 3 years with the Juniors. Each team very different from the previous. It shows that there are plenty of footballers capable of competing at a higher level in Cavan. Hopefully they can make it 3rd time lucky.