Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeyorpints

With th new square ball rule we have no choice but go man to man with mcbrearty, McFadden and more importantly murphy. Our plus can be our speed in our half backline. And Mark McHugh is the main danger man. He's the "Greg Blaney" of Donegal football. You keep McHugh quiet you keep Donegal quiet. Lads we have had 2 years to pull off a masterstroke. No excuses.

takeyorpints

And myles as you asked I've no problem with Hyland. After seeing 1 ulster title in 42 years I can hack another 4 years with the so called messiah. Gladly. Because when his 4 years are up and added to his 4/5 as a selector/ joint manager he will finaly be banished to the club football management and be resigned to trying to beat the Gaels as his next great achievement.

Westside

When has anyone called Hyland the messiah? The best Cavan man for the job by some distance, that's the only thing anyone has said.

takeyorpints

Quote from: Westside on May 11, 2012, 10:40:40 PM
When has anyone called Hyland the messiah? The best Cavan man for the job by some distance, that's the only thing anyone has said.

And what would i ask would make him the best cavan man for the job??
If it was the u21 win of 2011 why did he not get the Senior job alone instead of stepping down and letting Val have it??
Maybe that was because he was prepared to let Val sink on his own and then step in.
Is it concidence that talk of a players vote of confidence in Val was leaked to the media and the CB did nothing to dispell this rumour until Val had resigned.
Is there any coincidence that Forde and The Co Chairman originate from the same club?
Is there any coincidence that a prospective selector originates from the same club as the present paid Co Secretary Mr McCabe?
Tom Reilly rushed through the joint Managership of VA and TH on the 27th of august 2010. Then he santioned the single managership of VA on sept 2011. Then he proposed the managership of TH and his townie sidekick GFORDE a FEW MONTHS AGO. sO WHEN DOES OUR TOM GET IT RIGHT??? HOW MANY CHANCES DO OUR CLUBS GIVE THIS CHANCE?? IS HE LOOKING FOR 4 YEARS LIKE TH?? ALL QUESTIONS THAT CAVAN FOOTBALL NEED TO ANSWER

rodney trotter

Calling Mark McCugh a Grey Blayney figure is bit a bit far,. I didn't see Blayney playing as i would have been young at the time but heard he was a top player and saw a few videos. Mchugh runs all day like an African sprinter without any end product. Your a bit harsh on Terry Hyland, if Andrews hadn't made so many c**k ups this year he would still be in the Job. Hyland was the best man for the job. Mickey Graham with all the talk of him being a Top manager had 3 years with the Cavan minors and done nothing - Hyland had 3 years and 2 ulster wins and a runner up. The first year in 2010 they were without Keating, Watters and Murray for the whole championship so it could easily have been a treble of U21 wins. And so what if he has been a while with Cavan, he will have enough knowledge with dealing with players and nurturing in the younger players. Rome wasn't built in a day ffs. Like Cavan were really going to get Joe Kernan or Tony Mcentee dream on - we are where we are.. 4 years time Cavan could well be a top team in Ulster show a bit of faith.

Westside

Takeyorpints tell me what other manager within Cavan is more qualified and has won as much as Terry Hyland??

Under the current County Chairman we have won 3 Ulster titles within 12 months. Two of these titles were attributed to the support of the county board by them management. Undeniable facts there.

Are you Richie in another guise by the way?

takeyorpints

Look westside I'm not Richie in disguise or anybody else. Do I question who you are? Time will tell whether Hyland is the best man for the job. It's the players that are stepping up I'm more concerned about not Hyland I firmly believe some of them are not good enough. More worrying is some have stepped up from u21 since late 2010 and they have not improved one bit. That's a worrying factor that no one seems to mention. Sometimes a freshness of ideas from a different coach is needed. Tell me this if munroe of Tyrone had of won the last 2 u21 titles in ulster would ppl of Cavan be happy if he got the Cavan senior job? Just let's see terrys masterplan to beat Donegal. After all he has had 2 years watching them close up.

mylestheslasher

So pretty much hylands cavan team must defeat donegal, last years ulster champions and all Ireland semi finalists or he will be a failure. After 4 weeks in charge! Jesus would you listen to yourself. Is it a coincidence forde and tom reilly are from the same club, what's that suppose to mean? Btw. I didn't mention Murphy as he is unlikely to play due to injury.

CC1

Take it easy takeyorpints. Just support the team and less of the negativity. Too many people in this county love to try to play "Football Manager" with the Cavan team. The team is good enough, people just have to have faith in them. You have to remember that in the early stages of each game in the league and McKenna Cup Cavan (bar maybe Wexford and Antrim) led only to fall away at the end. If this can be worked on then who knows what we can do?

Terry will know his best team better than anybody in the county as he is at training every night. Have a bit of trust in him and the team. They deserve more for the commitment and effort they put in.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Westside

Time will not tell whether he is the best man for the Cavan job right now. Every decision is easy to make in hindsight. You claimed he is not the best man in Cavan for the job. Back that up and say why? Name the Cavan man with a better management record. dd

And why is a plan to beat Donegal the be all and end all? We know how he is going to try do it, he has said as much himself already. The matter of fact is that Donegal are vastly more experienced and play at a higher level than we do. Tactics didn't lose us the game v Donegal last year, even if they didn't help. Donegal are simply a better side and it will take a phenomenal effort and a huge slice of luck to beat them.

Hyland has a few years to get us somewhere. He did it with Lavey and with our U21s for the past 3 years when he was the Number 1. If he can make us competitive again at Senior Level he will be a Cavan Great. Best of luck to him.

takeyorpints

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2012, 08:30:05 AM
So pretty much hylands cavan team must defeat donegal, last years ulster champions and all Ireland semi finalists or he will be a failure. After 4 weeks in charge! Jesus would you listen to yourself. Is it a coincidence forde and tom reilly are from the same club, what's that suppose to mean? Btw. I didn't mention Murphy as he is unlikely to play due to injury.

Donegal are so beatable because they been playing the same system this last 2 years. granted they have become slightly more attack minded this year, but only slightly. There is always shocks in the Ulster Championship.
Mark my words but Armagh WILL beat Tyrone at home in the first round.
No they are not a better team than Tyrone BUT they WILL have their homework done on Tyrone this past 7 months for this particular game. Watch and see ane quote this post if it doesnt happen.

Yes we are not as good as Donegal BUT surely after 2 years we can devise a plan to beat them on the day. Its whats called good team management pulling off the odd masterstroke especially with 2 years to plan it

mylestheslasher

Quote from: takeyorpints on May 12, 2012, 12:17:19 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2012, 08:30:05 AM

Donegal are so beatable because they been playing the same system this last 2 years. granted they have become slightly more attack minded this year, but only slightly. There is always shocks in the Ulster Championship.
Mark my words but Armagh WILL beat Tyrone at home in the first round.
No they are not a better team than Tyrone BUT they WILL have their homework done on Tyrone this past 7 months for this particular game. Watch and see ane quote this post if it doesnt happen.

Yes we are not as good as Donegal BUT surely after 2 years we can devise a plan to beat them on the day. Its whats called good team management pulling off the odd masterstroke especially with 2 years to plan it

Cavan had a goal, right or wrong, to focus on the league this year. I don't think hatching a 8 month plan to beat Donegal was on the agenda (draw was made in October so don't know where your 2 years is coming out of). There is a new man in charge, he has been in charge for 4/5 weeks. Yes, it is possible we could win but it is not likely and it is grossly unfair to expect a manager to take responsibility for a result when he has taken over in these circumstances. You give me the impression of someone who would be delighted if Cavan were hammered so you could post with glee about how it was all Hylands fault and it would have been different if Seanie Johnson was begged back into the panel. I'll be judging Hylands quality as a senior manager on whether he gets an improvement next year, for me any success at senior this year is a bonus, but I wish them well and hope they do the business.

One final thing - Armagh beating Tyrone is hardly the same as Cavan beating Donegal for christ sake.

takeyorpints

Mylestheslasher Hyland has been involved in some capacity for the last 4/5 years so this is not new to him. Your obsession with Sean Johnston makes it difficult to take your posts and points seriously. Where have I mentioned him in my last post. Your really need to get a grip with that "Seanie " obsession you have. Surely there is some kind of therapy you could get? Or have you tried seeing a councillor ? Maybe best if you approached Sean himself and got the full load down? You can't seem to post with out mentioning him in some form? This whole Seanie process could damage your mind in later life if you don't get this obsession under control. I think you even hoped the Gaels won ulster club now that he is not with them. And for a non Gaels man to wish or hope that is bordering madness!!! Get your self checked out mylestheslasher. I fear the worse for you if Seanie gets any where near Croke park!! You will need a new 42 inch!!!!!

Westside

So takeyorpints would you say that Tipperary should be beating Kerry? They have also had 2 years to plan for the game, if they don't beat Kerry would you slate the management?

mylestheslasher

Not one point in my post addressed and westside asked you a question twice which you also failed to address. You are a waffler my friend. I'd have loved to see the Gaels win Ulster any year, it would be good for cavan football so you can drop the siege mentality complex.