Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoopmine

Far as I know but I could be wrong.

Celt_Man

Had to put it up - nearly fell off the chair laughing...  Could anyone be so delusional??

From a gentleman posting on Hoganstand regarding the Cavan v Derry Under 21 game thread..

QuoteTony I Am not knocking you at all I just wish to make a point.
A few years back I wrote for two weeks in the Cavan pot and the Anglo Celts how our Under 21 team were being neglected and that they needed a stand alone manager not the senior manager.
That same year in fairness to Tom Reilly he appointed a stand alone manager we got to an Ulster final and we have won one and we are in another final.
I am thankful that I had the balls to write what I wrote and because of those posts we are achieving something long may it continue.

Now if all it takes is a letter or two, I wonder could he come over to Cootehill, put pen to paper and turn our fortunes around as well!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 12:59:14 AM
Had to put it up - nearly fell off the chair laughing...  Could anyone be so delusional??

From a gentleman posting on Hoganstand regarding the Cavan v Derry Under 21 game thread..

A few years back I wrote for two weeks in the Cavan pot and the Anglo Celts how our Under 21 team were being neglected and that they needed a stand alone manager not the senior manager.
That same year in fairness to Tom Reilly he appointed a stand alone manager we got to an Ulster final and we have won one and we are in another final.
I am thankful that I had the balls to write what I wrote and because of those posts we are achieving something long may it continue.

Now if all it takes is a letter or two, I wonder could he come over to Cootehill, put pen to paper and turn our fortunes around as well!!

Ah now he didn't profess to being a miracle worker......     

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 07, 2012, 02:11:14 AM

The Championship draw comes out and then you go & say something like that...

cavanmaniac

Tony I Am not knocking you at all I just wish to make a point.

That's absolutely hilarious. Val should never have mentioned internet bulletin boards, unfortunately it has made some of the keyboard monkeys believe they're some sort of legitimate pressure group.

Like they're wikileaks, just with suspect grammar and spelling.

cavan4sam

Maybe some of you lads might be interested in this or know someone who would be.

25K Fun Challenge
Castlerahan GAA will host a 25K Fun Challenge and family fun day on Sunday, 6th May 2012 at Fay Park Ballyjamesduff, Co Cavan.

The race element of the day will begin at 12 p.m. sharp with a 5 kilometre run followed by a 20 kilometre cycle.  The start and finish lines for both elements of the challenge will be at Castlerahan GAA's grounds - Fay Park - in Ballyjamesduff.

Entry is open to individuals who wish to compete in both events or a team of two individuals; one to complete the run, the other the cycle. The emphasis on the day is fun and we anticipate that this will be a successful and well-run event which we would hope to make an annual occurrence.

The entry fees are as follows;

An individual adult competing in both events can do so for €15
    A team of two adults can compete for €20
    An individual juvenile (aged 14 to 18 years) competing in both events can do so for €10
    A team of two juveniles (both aged 14 to 18 years) can compete for €15

There will be prizes for the first finishing male and female adult individuals and adult team. There will also be prizes for the first finishing male and female juvenile individuals and juvenile team.

Showering facilities and refreshments will be provided to all competitors free of charge.

For more info on registration and routes visit: http://www.castlerahan.gaa.ie and follow the links.

Hope to see some of you there on the day.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 02:31:52 AM

Ah I think ye are taking him up wrong there, when he says "becasue of those posts" i presume he meant the post of Hyland as manager of the U21's. I don't think he is really trying to say it was because of him it happened. I do note Richie is doing his best to question whether Hyland could have anything to do with it, perhaps it is one of his selectors that is the reason for cavans success. I mean it just doesn't compute that Hyland could be a good manager when you think he had a hand in dropping the greatest ever player ever in Cavan ever.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 07, 2012, 11:10:09 AM

Ah I think ye are taking him up wrong there, when he says "becasue of those posts" i presume he meant the post of Hyland as manager of the U21's. I don't think he is really trying to say it was because of him it happened. I do note Richie is doing his best to question whether Hyland could have anything to do with it, perhaps it is one of his selectors that is the reason for cavans success. I mean it just doesn't compute that Hyland could be a good manager when you think he had a hand in dropping the greatest ever player ever in Cavan ever.

Myles you've become nearly as bad as Ritchie in the anti- Seanie corner.

mylestheslasher

Just calling it as I see it Booj. But your right, I'm saying nothing more about that lad. He's not a Cavan player any more and I will concentrate from now on the lads that are. Good to have you back, you were in hibernation for a long time there.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on April 07, 2012, 02:29:51 PM

+1

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 07, 2012, 04:49:44 PM

+1

Why dont you tell us your opinion on johnston celt man. I mean our most talented player is transfering to another county and i dont think you've said a thing about it!

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 07, 2012, 05:38:48 PM

+1

Why dont you tell us your opinion on johnston celt man. I mean our most talented player is transfering to another county and i dont think you've said a thing about it!

Na you're grand there Myles... I'm not touching that one

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 07, 2012, 05:38:48 PM

+1

I'd be the same as CM and Boo, Myles, personally i wouldn't comment on the Johnson saga virtually at all.
I know the lad reasonably well, and while i don't think he handled the whole situation very well(just like Andrews and Co), the whole criticism around the county has got very personal in relation to Johnson.
I'm not accusing yourself of launching any personal attacks on him,but I've heard too many from the behind the wire brigade in this county in the last 3/4 months come out with unwarranted personal abuse towards the lad.
Best to stay out of it altogether!!!

mylestheslasher

Bhm - im done talking about him.

Any team for tomorrow, i think it would be a real shame to go down and them young lads are trying hard so it would be a big blow to them. Lets hope we finish with a win.

BallyhaiseMan

Havent heard any team for tommorow,
Division 4 would be a disaster for this group of young players and the Minors/Under 21's that are coming through,a completely wasted year of development. Playing the likes of Kilkenny and London won't do them any good.
I'd be confident they can pull something out of the fire against an Antrim team which don't need anything from the game.