Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

In my opinion it doesn't matter who's managing the team the bottom line is that we're a weak footballing county with an average bunch of players. We've won nothing in 15 years and since then we've played in the lower ends of the the national leagues for the majority of that time. Every manager since McHugh has been deemed poor by the supporters. I think its fair to say that the problems that we have aren't solely confined to who is managing the team.

cogito

Quote from: Westside on March 26, 2012, 12:06:56 AM
Well thank God Richie is gone, let's hope he stays away from message boards everywhere and keeps his deluded nasty opinions to himself.

This notion of quick sack Andrews and get in Kiernan/McGrath/McHugh etc is a load of muck. That is not what Cavan are trying to do, Andrews natural successor is Hyland. Hyland's successor to the U21s is McCabe. We are trying to build a conveyor belt in terms of players and management, not reaching out for 'high profile' big money guys. Andrews was the man to come in initially and consolidate, build a base on which we could build. Get the camp right in terms of personnel and work ethic and perhaps make a charge for Div 2.

What annoys me most about this is that Andrews is a genuinely decent guy, he is not managing Cavan for the money or the status. He deserves better from supporters than the likes of Richie badmouthing him constantly. If he moves on and Cavan make strides he might well be forgotten for making brave decisions for the betterment of Cavan football.

I would be very happy to see that when the time is right. As if Kernan, McGrath or McHugh would touch our senior team.

Denn Forever

Sorry to see Richiej go.  Agree or disagree, it was a different opinion.  And if you don't want to read his posts just skip past them or use the Ignore function.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

Any word/sign/clue of Club football starting up again. Clubs must be going out of their tiny minds trying to keep lads interested with Challenge games. Probably the weather is too good anyway !!

Westside

U21 game moved to Wednesday night according to twitter.

Dougal

Quote from: Westside on March 26, 2012, 11:28:47 AM
U21 game moved to Wednesday night according to twitter.

as in the 28th rather than the 4th.still in brewster?still a double header?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

Well according to Twitter yes it's Wed the 28th in Brewster at 8pm. It's not a double header, the Down v Tyrone game is in casement.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 26, 2012, 11:10:35 AM
Sorry to see Richiej go.  Agree or disagree, it was a different opinion.  And if you don't want to read his posts just skip past them or use the Ignore function.

Richie didnt want to answer any hard questions. If you have an opinion back it up with some fact. We all also have the right to pull other posters up when we believe they talk rubbish. Its just like its richies right to run away when its put up to him, bit like his hero.

Ollie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 26, 2012, 06:33:20 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on March 26, 2012, 11:10:35 AM

Richie didnt want to answer any hard questions. If you have an opinion back it up with some fact. We all also have the right to pull other posters up when we believe they talk rubbish. Its just like its richies right to run away when its put up to him, bit like his hero.

Thats a bit harsh on Ritchie. The man is just voicing his opinion like everyone else. Who did he say his hero was?

Denn Forever

QuoteRichie didnt want to answer any hard questions. If you have an opinion back it up with some fact. We all also have the right to pull other posters up when we believe they talk rubbish.

Fair enough but just refute what you think is rubbish then move on and ignore.  I just found it a bit distasteful the glee some posters expressed when he said he was going. 

On the other forums, there are posters who I would not agree with (Glens Abu, MGHU, Tyrones Own) or other people would not agree with (EG, Ulick, Tyrones Own, Dixie) but it is good to know what other people are thinking.

Any word/confirmation that the U21 game is on next Wednesday?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rodney trotter

It's short notice changing the U'21 game to this wednesday but hopefully they can do the business. Barry Reilly will be a big loss if he is ruled out. 4 or 5 of the u21's would make an improvement on the senior team.

mylestheslasher

Its still down as 4th april on ulster gaa website. Has anyone seen anything official to say otherwise

Westside

The Cadbury GAA Facebook and Twitter had the game down for this Wed but it is now changed back to the 4th of April.

mylestheslasher