Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richiej

Quote from: Benny on February 18, 2012, 09:07:29 PM
Damien Sheridan played with the Maghera MacFinns, and was part of the Junior and Intermediate c-ship winning teams in '74 and '75. Not sure exactly where he was born, but was definitely brought up in Maghera.
.        I think Damien was born in Meath and played for Cavan under the parentage rule. His father was a Cavanman and had a band that time called the supertones!

Denn Forever

From HS.

Cavan GAA Coaching Conference
21 February 2012

Cavan GAA Coaching Conference
"Developing Ideal Players"
Saturday 3rd March 2012

The Cavan GAA Coaching & Games Development Conference will begin with breakfast in Hotel Kilmore at 9am where there will be a key note speech from Val Andrews (Current Senior County Football Team Manager) together with nutritional advice for successful players. The conference will continue with Practical workshops in Kingspan Breffni Park. Please see full details attached.

We urge all clubs to encourage their coaches to attend.

Cost is €15 per delegate and full payment must be received to reserve place. Booking form attached.

Full and updated details can be viewed on the Coaching section of the Cavan GAA website www.cavangaa.ie/Coaching

Closing date for bookings is Friday 2nd March 2012. Places are limited.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Swadman

Cavan GAA Coaching Conference - great idea, hope all clubs support it with at least one person. It will be the only sustainable future for clubs to have their own coaches now that the taxman has his beady eye on the ball of money that has been thrown at "outside" coaches. ::)

PS
I like the new look forum

Richiej

http://hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=162589

If Johnston plays with the Gaels this year well one of Vals County players isnt even going to make their own club team

Smith              Lyng              Murray

McClarey         Meehan          Dunne

That was the Gaels forward line last Sunday.. 5 County players and M Lyng
Add Johnston, 1 county lad will make way............whoever it is ...............but at least he still will be on the County Team!

Has anyone evr heard of a situation where a County player couldnt make his own club team?

Denn Forever

Are there many players who are playing Sigerson (I can only thin of Jack Brady with DCU but there are more) and will they come back into the panel?  Are they all U21 and will they be missing until that is over?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Richie - Seanie was dropped last year for the 1st round of the championship while he was a county player so thats an example I suppose ;)

heffo

Quote from: Richiej on February 23, 2012, 12:00:19 PM

Has anyone evr heard of a situation where a County player couldnt make his own club team?

Declan Lally - AI winner with Brigids couldn't make their championship winning team this year.

Richiej

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 23, 2012, 04:20:12 PM
Richie - Seanie was dropped last year for the 1st round of the championship while he was a county player so thats an example I suppose ;)
That's true myles. Gaels never had an issue dropping or playing a player regardless of status,age , young or old. If your on form you get in .

Ollie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 23, 2012, 04:20:12 PM

I remember that. It was against Lacken. He played the last 20mins and scored 3-2. Val must of missed that game.

rodney trotter

I heard Johnston had 50e om himself to score 3 goals with another player on the bench before he came on.. Lacken were missing about 8 or 9 that day Ollie so Val missed nothing..

Ollie

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/johnston_transfer_request_sent_back_to_cavan_1_3557549

So basicly the CCCC are asking the county Board to make a decision on the matter. Is it not the duty of the CCCC to make judgements in these types of matters? I'm nearly sure Declan Woods said that the county boards involvement in this saga was over after the case was referred to the CCCC. It goes to show how poor the Gaa are when it comes to dealing with a high profile matters.

tommysmith

Anyone hear anything about G McKiernan getting boot from panel?

cavanlad

Quote from: tommysmith on February 24, 2012, 10:23:33 PM
Anyone hear anything about G McKiernan getting boot from panel?

no, you sure it's not Nail McKiernan booted,  midfielder from Lacken. Drunk in Silgo RAG week when he should of been at training.

G McKiernan has played a lot football the last 18 months his club going to an All Ireland Final, the Under 21 last year, the senior, college football and now called up to the Ulster squad be it not playing, but he still have to train.
My ignore list - Richiej

BigMac

I didn't hear that, although I did see the picture of him that's doing the rounds on facebook with his shirt open in a pub or nightclub. The camera has caught him with drunk looking eyes but this could easily be a "mid blink" photo, although having his shirt open doesn't help his argument that he was sober / not hammered.

Westside

Saw that too Bigmac, not a mission the man was sober in that photo. But are the players on a drinking ban even? This was 2 weeks before Cavan's next game and as long as he didn't miss training I doubt there's an issue it's still only February after all.
In fairness to G McKiernan, I've criticised his attitude in the past but last year brought him on a lot, I know from a friend that he took the defeat to Longford very badly. That's what we want, players who don't take defeat as the norm.