Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I thought it a fair enough summary of the situation, perhaps someone could point out the inaccuracies in his account and I'll gladly change my mind. It was also interesting to read about all the "injuries", something I brought up here before but didn't have the time or journalistic skills to research. Also, the way he courts the main stream media is also a point I made here before although I can see why the celt could be accused of envy on this matter.  One final point, the writer being a journalist in Cavan is surely better placed than most to write what he believes are the facts?

Andrews may be making bad decisions elsewhere but he was 100% right to get rid of this guy.

Westside

Harsh on Paul Fitzpatrick to call the piece bitter and twisted. He called it as it is lads, an inaccuracy in that Kildare have beaten Meath in the Championship but other than that I think he was equally critical of every character in this twisted saga and I fail to see any vendetta against Johnston underlying the article.

On a related but off topic note, I think he's a fantastic writer. His game analysis in the Celt this year were excellent. Particularly his piece on the U21 Final which I found very memorable.

mylestheslasher

According to a poster on hogan stand we played Leitrim last night on the 3G pitch. The team as follows...

Nice to see Fannin get a game - good god, what is going on.

1keith fannin
2Barry watters
3mickey brennan
4darragh tighe
5kevin meehan
6joey jordan
7Robert Maloney
8cullivan
9Sean gaffney ??
10declan meehan
11declan mc keirnan
12mc keever
13c Mc clarey
14R galligan
15M dunne

2:11 to 1:13 to cavan

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 17, 2012, 12:55:18 PM
According to a poster on hogan stand we played Leitrim last night on the 3G pitch. The team as follows...

Nice to see Fannin get a game - good god, what is going on.

1keith fannin
2Barry watters
3mickey brennan
4darragh tighe
5kevin meehan
6joey jordan
7Robert Maloney
8cullivan
9Sean gaffney ??
10declan meehan
11declan mc keirnan
12mc keever
13c Mc clarey
14R galligan
15M dunne

2:11 to 1:13 to cavan

Is that a piss take?

A forward at full back and in goals. Two forwards from Cavan Gaels starting that don't get playing with their club. What must they be thinking?

anglocelt39

Fitzpatrick seems quite unhappy that the lad in question was talking to the Indo, and, it appears also to the Kildare Media and not to the Celt. Then Seanie fell foul of the big bad tabloid Indo and sure isn't that an awful pity, see what happens when you stray from your local media outlet. Seanies famous 10 second phone call was, our local hack can exclusively reveal, ended by Seanie. Why can he confirm that, well he got it from one side and Seanie doesnt't talk to the Celt. Bit like the court case where the murderer was acquitted because he said he was acting  in self defence and there were no other witnesses.

From the very little bit i know of media workings it appears to be getting more and more aggressive and about chasing "the story". I've got no doubt that the journalist in question is getting a fair grilling from his editor to report on this story and the fact that the main party ain't talking to the publication in question will only be accepted as an excuse for so long.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Western Blue

Just wondering could we make convert Mickey Brennan into the Full Back position or Ciaran Galligan?  Dan Gordan was moved back into that position by Wee James McCartan with success.

Breffni_Yank

It's mid season and we play a challenge match with a forward in goals and a forward at full-back and people would still rather talk about Johnston?

At least McKeever got some game time.

Richiej

There should really have been a big panel meeting in october where all players that had worked with Val were sat down face to face. Val could have explained where he was going. If doors were open. Open an Frank discussion. Players would know if hard work would get them back in. Bit of honesty all around for the good of Cavan football. Fcuk this phone call lark. There all adults. Would have saved an awful lot of hassle all around. Because there is confusion about what was said privately between manager and players

anglocelt39

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 17, 2012, 01:39:38 PM
It's mid season and we play a challenge match with a forward in goals and a forward at full-back and people would still rather talk about Johnston?

Not sure Jelly would have filled in the keeper or full back line Yank but you never know. Again glad to see McKeever get a game, thinks one of the FACT merchants on this or the other site had him gone this week as well.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 17, 2012, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 17, 2012, 01:39:38 PM

Not sure Jelly would have filled in the keeper or full back line Yank but you never know. Again glad to see McKeever get a game, thinks one of the FACT merchants on this or the other site had him gone this week as well.

He defo would not AC so I think we should stop talking about him don't you?

anglocelt39

there was a tongue in cheek element to my post there Yank I agree with you and in fairness I think we had managed to avoid the topic for a good while now until the appearance of this mornings article.

Richiej

If Andrews want to play challenge games why don't he arrange them against the Gaels. Kingscourt  and any other club that wants to. At least all the discarded players and anyone else who thought they were good enough would get a chance to show their worth. Plus it would add a bit of interest .

mylestheslasher

Probably afraid they might lose to the gaels!

Richiej

Myles it would sure gee up a bit of interest among players and supporters. Plus maybe we will find out how good the county players really are or how good the discarded players are. That's the way Kilkenny train. All in house challenge games. Fiercely competitive.if a young forward makes the kk team well he has been well tested locally. And that's the way it should be. Nothing like local competition and local rivalry

Richiej

With reference to my last post. I just want clubs to see through Amdrews. After all 2 years ago Andrews wanted ti be Dublin Chairman. It didn't happen , now he's been back being a manager. There was great banter on twitter 2 days ago with mackey , johnston, nesty, funny stuff. Great banter too with mcclarey, Dunne and Johnston. I don't believe Seanie is a negative influence.it's Andrews making a point. Now Seanie is making a bigger point.. Sheds of Liam Austin Era from what I hear. Cos there more leavin....,Fcuk off Val while u can!!!