Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

I thought Conor Finnegan would have been included. Along with Nevin O'Donnell he looked the most physically mature player on last year's Minor team.

That team certainly looks to be close to the team that will play Armagh.

BallyhaiseMan

Is that Fergal Flanagan(Castlerahan) (and Ronan's brother) or Fergal Flanagan(Buttlersbridge) at wing forward????
I'm suprised Conor Moynagh from Drumgoon isn't starting as Breffini Yank said, as for me,he was perhaps the best player in the Intermediate Championship last year.

rodney trotter

It's Fergal Flanagan from the bridge.. Fergal Flanagan from castlerahan is overage. Some very big players on that team,Flanagan, Mooney, Paddy King.Niall Mckiernan,Packie Leddy, Killian Brady, Mickey Brady.

whats my name

North Longford

QuoteSome very big players on that team,Flanagan, Mooney, Paddy King.Niall Mckiernan,Packie Leddy, Killian Brady, Mickey Brady.
If there was one noticeable difference between the teams last Saturday that was it. Longford did not have one player as big as any of those lads. Packie Leddy is a huge man. Albeit almost all of Longfords team is under-age again next year and over half of them are again the following year but they'll need growth hormones to ever be the size of some of those lads.!!
As for the game i'd actually say longford slightly dominated possession in ordinary time but gave away  2 poor goals in the first quarter which had them playing catch up for the whole game. They also over did the short passing a bit too much. In extra time cavan had a spell of 7 or 8 minutes where they completely dominated and scored 4 or 5 points to about 1. The cavan subs made a far bigger impact and indeed despite naming 29 lads longford managed to take off 2 lads and put them back on again and only made 4 changes altogether. I'd be a little frustrated if I was one of the 12 that didn't get a run.!!!

Westside

Will the team that started be the team that will face Armagh or will any of the subs give Terry and Co. a selection headache? Huge challenge for Cavan facing the Armagh team that won the All Ireland Minor in 2009..
Nevin O'Donnell proving himself to be a good omen as a supersub.

mylestheslasher

Its great to hear Cavan producing some big men, its been sadly lacking for the last decade. I think we are bringing through a nice blend of pacey players and big lads now. Hopefully U21's can go on another decent run this year but they have a tough start. When is that game does anyone know?

Denn Forever

From Monaghan GAA site.  Looks a bit tough on Fermanagh or Tyrone.

Full Under-21 draw:

Preliminary Round (March 21):
Fermanagh v Tyrone     

First round (March 21):
Cavan v Armagh
Derry v Monaghan
Down v Antrim
Donegal v Fermanagh/Tyrone   

Semi-Finals (April 4):
Down/Antrim v Donegal/Fermanagh/Tyrone
Cavan/Armagh v Derry/Monaghan           

Final (April 11)       
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 01, 2012, 09:09:14 AM
From Manahan GAA site.  Looks a bit tough on Fermanagh or Tyrone.
Full Under-21 draw:

Preliminary Round (March 21):
Fermanagh v Tyrone     

First round (March 21):
Cavan v Armagh
Derry v Monaghan
Down v Antrim
Donegal v Fermanagh/Tyrone   

Semi-Finals (April 4):
Down/Antrim v Donegal/Fermanagh/Tyrone
Cavan/Armagh v Derry/Monaghan           

Final (April 11)     

Yeh, 2 games in a day. I thought we were bad having to play Ulster Final and AI semi in 3 days last year but that is ridiculous :D

whats my name

sigerson on today lads have we many lads on teams around the country i know it sligo have a good cavan contingent marc leddy,paul o connor,eugene keating,david givney,declan meehan,martin dunne. who else have we on teams around the place is there a lad from mullahoran on the uuj team one of the gunners?

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: whats my name on February 01, 2012, 01:17:53 PM
sigerson on today lads have we many lads on teams around the country i know it sligo have a good cavan contingent marc leddy,paul o connor,eugene keating,david givney,declan meehan,martin dunne. who else have we on teams around the place is there a lad from mullahoran on the uuj team one of the gunners?

Just seen this on the net.

http://www.he.gaa.ie/Latest-News/freemansextra-timeshowputsditthrough

cavanforever

o mara, gearoid mc, stephen cooney, martin reilly and ross sheridan were involved with dit, gearoid kicked 3. joshua hayes and niall murray were with ucd last night. noel brady is the man with uuj, dont believe he was starting yesterday though

Denn Forever

The long kick out is back for another season.  Thankfully we have a Midfield that can thrive on this.

From HS.

Reilly return boost for Breffni
01 February 2012

Cavan keeper James ReillyCavan have received a welcome boost ahead of the NFL as goalkeeper James Reilly has returned to the squad.

The main talking point in Cavan at the moment is the ongoing saga of Seanie Johnston's proposed transfer to Kildare, which has overshadowed the county team's preparations for the league.

The Breffni blues travel south to take on Wexford on Sunday afternoon and Val Andrews will be able to call on the Drung clubman, who has committed for another year.

"I'm only back training a few weeks, I was training before Christmas, but something came up work wise, which took up a lot of my time," Reilly explained to the Anglo-Celt.

"I'm back at full tilt now and training is going fierce well at the moment. Val is an easy going sort of man, a bit like myself, he's been around the block and he knows what's what."
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Swadman

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 02, 2012, 02:25:43 PM
The long kick out is back for another season.  Thankfully we have a Midfield that can thrive on this....
Cavan keeper James ReillyCavan have received a welcome boost ahead of the NFL as goalkeeper James Reilly has returned to the squad.....

"I'm only back training a few weeks, I was training before Christmas, but something came up work wise, which took up a lot of my time," Reilly explained to the Anglo-Celt.

"I'm back at full tilt now and training is going fierce well at the moment. Val is an easy going sort of man, a bit like myself, he's been around the block and he knows what's what."
Two very revealing, and positive, bits of news there.

Swadman

Was it part of the Anglo Celts "good news" edition?