Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

Jesus they don't make the kits like they used to!

Ollie

Quote from: Westside on January 24, 2012, 10:05:13 PM
Ollie in relation to dropping the more experienced settled panel members.. What have we got to lose? We are dropping a group of lads who have tasted no senior success with Cavan, have barely clung on to Division 3 football for a number of years and been the whipping boys of Ulster. The sad fact of it is that the only way our relatively new team can make us sink any lower is to drop to Div 4 (and we have looked like a Div 4 side in the past few years). Lyng, Sheridan, Nesty, Mackey haven't performed when it mattered for Cavan. Andrews is risking nothing if you ask me. We are bottom of the barrel as it is.

True. Things couldn't get much worse than last year. But I still think players such as Johnston, Lyng and Sheridan still have something to offer. And sure who knows maybe the latter two might yet but It seems very doubtful. I just wouldnt go resting my Laurels on lads straight out of the under 21 team. This years panel is going to be very inexperienced with Podge, Mckeever and Cullivan being the pick of the experienced members of the panel. I hate to say it but Div 4 is a distinct possibility. Lets hope for a good start against Wexford to build up confidence within the panel.

Mr. Pain

Caught in a trap. You can't walk out. Because you fcuked it up Richie!
Royalties on that one go to anglocelt39.

Obviously using two different email addresses there for two different logins.
Mr. Pain suspected as much but the slip up was inevitable.

has been raving on for far too long on both message boards spreading his vile propaganda and agenda to get rid of Andrews.

So, on another topic, how do people think the u21s will get on at the weekend?
It would be nice to retain the Hastings cup.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

tommysmith

Quote from: Mr. Pain on January 24, 2012, 10:23:17 PM

has been raving on for far too long on both message boards spreading his vile propaganda and agenda to get rid of Andrews.

And its possible that has made things worse for Johnston with all his FACTS.

mylestheslasher

Caught in a trap. You can't walk out. Because you fcuked it up Richie!
Royalties on that one go to anglocelt39.

Obviously using two different email addresses there for two different logins.
Mr. Pain suspected as much but the slip up was inevitable.

So, on another topic, how do people think the u21s will get on at the weekend?
It would be nice to retain the Hastings cup.

Going by the results so far doesn't seem to be a lot between the two teams. Probably depends who wants to win and who is just using it for preparation. I heard today that the donegal cb only appointed a manager to their u21s last week as mcguinness isn't doing it anymore.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: tommysmith on January 24, 2012, 10:25:30 PM

And its possible that  has made things worse for Johnston with all his FACTS.

A tiny little part of me reckons Richie J is an alter ego of Sean O Rinn.

I know we can't win Ulster u21 titles every year but if we can just be competitive and add 4 or 5 to the Senior panel every year then we will be doing well. Where is the Hastings Cup final. Might try get over.

Denn Forever

Abbylara at 2.30 on Saturday.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Cavan have been playing a weakened team in the Hastings Cup so far, still lots of lads to go back into the team I think. I'd be friendly with one of the Leitrim lads and he said what won us the game against them was the pace in our forwards.

U21 is notoriously hard to predict or keep any sort of consistency from 1 year to the next. Down lost the AI Final in 2009 by a last minute goal and we hammered them in the first round in 2010. If we could get some sort of a run going it would speak volumes for the development squads.

boojangles

Alot of posters jumping to conclusions and judging a lad without knowing any facts. Football would have been the last thing on Seans mind the last few days. Whatever he decides to do it's his own choice and it's none of mine or the rests business and I think everybody should bear that in mind before posting any more opinions/ abuse or loose facts.

tommysmith

Quote from: boojangles on January 24, 2012, 11:56:20 PM
Alot of posters jumping to conclusions and judging a lad without knowing any facts. Football would have been the last thing on Seans mind the last few days. Whatever he decides to do it's his own choice and it's none of mine or the rests business and I think everybody should bear that in mind before posting any more opinions/ abuse or loose facts.

Most of the facts are known in relation to who he wants to play for and where he says he lives.

Gaaboardmod3

Right lads. I don't know what has or has not been said on Hogan Stand, nor do I care. Can we make sure we play the ball, and not the man here though. No need for name calling, simply disagree with the poster.

Cheers

boojangles

Quote from: tommysmith on January 25, 2012, 09:34:36 AM
Quote from: boojangles on January 24, 2012, 11:56:20 PM

Most of the facts are known in relation to who he wants to play for and where he says he lives.

Yes Tommy but alot of posters have jumped to the conclusion that Sean wasn't man enough to go to his own club secretary to request a transfer. Nobody knows that he hasn't nor does anybody know that he has definitely requested a transfer yet. The lad only buried his grandfather on Monday.
Sean Johnston hasn't committed a crime and his own personal decisions will not impact one iota on my life or any other poster or Cavan supporter for that matter and we should all bear that in mind. It's an amateur sport and the man is free to do whatever he wants and he should be free to do it without the begrudgery and spitefullness of so-called Cavan supporters.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on January 25, 2012, 10:35:17 AM
Right lads. I don't know what has or has not been said on Hogan Stand, nor do I care. Can we make sure we play the ball, and not the man here though. No need for name calling, simply disagree with the poster.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoTzLLZMrKc