Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Good post Breffni Yank. It's time to move on. Everybody was disappointed with how things went last year. This year we have a relatively new and young team. They deserve our support and we should be positive that for the first time in a while we are bringing through players who are used to winni ng in Ulster.

tommysmith

Quote from: boojangles on January 21, 2012, 10:54:33 AM
Good post Breffni Yank. It's time to move on. Everybody was disappointed with how things went last year. This year we have a relatively new and young team. They deserve our support and we should be positive that for the first time in a while we are bringing through players who are used to winni ng in Ulster.

That richiej fool would want to cop on anyway he has been at it non stop for a quarter off a year now.

Westside

I'll agree with tommy, you are a complete and utter fool.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Westside on January 21, 2012, 03:21:46 PM
I'll agree with tommy, you are a complete and utter fool.

Here, here. Your Caps Lock button stuck Richie?

Time to rally behind the team and let them find their feet. Let's cut out all the crap and see how the league goes.

Many clubs back training now?

tommysmith

Quote from: Richiej on January 21, 2012, 03:08:15 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 21, 2012, 02:51:46 PM
Quote from: boojangles on January 21, 2012, 10:54:33 AM

That richiej fool would want to cop on anyway he has been at it non stop for a quarter off a year now.

ARGUE, DISAGREE, KNOCK, ANY OF MY POSTS ........ITS WATER OF A DUCKS BACK BUT PERSONAL ATTACKS CALLING ME A FOOL I WONT TOLERATE SO IL REPORT YOU TO THE MODERATOR FOR THAT REASON

I am a moderator here so good luck with that  :D

BigMac

McGeeney has come out and pretty much said he wants Jelly. From the hoganstand main page.....
Kildare manager Kieran McGeeney has revealed that he would welcome Cavan outcast Seanie Johnston into the Lilywhites' fold.

Johnston has publicly stated that he is willing to make the move to Kildare after being told by the Kildare management team that he was no longer wanted in the squad.

A player of Johnston's calibre would be hugely beneficial to Kildare as they continue their quest for an All-Ireland title and McGeeney has opened the door for the Cavan Gaels clubman to come on board.

"If he wants to play for Kildare, the same as anybody else wants to play for Kildare, I've an open door policy," said McGeeney on Kildare local radio station KFM.

"He can come here, turn up, play, train and I've never stopped anybody who's wanted to play for Kildare. He has indicated that he wants to and we'll take him in with open arms but he's going to have his work cut out. There are a lot of fellas there who want their place too and if Seanie steps in here he's going to have to put up like everybody else."

tommysmith

QuoteInsert Quote
McGeeney has come out and pretty much said he wants Jelly[/quote

Sure it is him behind the hole thing and put the notion in Johnstons head in the first place.

rodney trotter

Richiej posted a few good things on here but then looking at the stuff he posted on hoganstand and then onto this woud make out that he has a personal vandetta against Andrews. Not a huge fan of andrews myself but he had balls to drop johnston.. richiej even got his say in the Celt ffs.

tommysmith

Quote from: Richiej on January 21, 2012, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 21, 2012, 04:41:41 PM
Richiej posted a few good things on here but then looking at the stuff he posted on hoganstand and then onto this woud make out that he has a personal vandetta against Andrews. Not a huge fan of andrews myself but he had balls to drop johnston.. richiej even got his say in the Celt ffs.

Number 1 i dont have to justify my post to anybody , there just my opinion

Number 2 ive no personal vendetta against Val Andrews but i have judged him on his results . 2011 Championship team selection, tactics, and management explaination wernt what was expected from a Senior Inter County Manager.

Number 3 Like Carr ,Andrews had no intercounty track record when we appointed him for the 2nd time so it seems we never learned anything from Carrs  poor 2 year term.

Number 4 he is entitled to pick who he likes without explaination but if it goes tits up id expect him to walk away especially as it is his 2nd year but from his panel secection it seems like his 1st year.

Number 5 there seems to be a nice crop of young lads coming through. Its a pity theres not more experience in the panel to help these lads along in training. Its a long time since talent like this came through in such numbers. It would be a shame if it gets wasted.

Number 6 i genuinely wish Andrews the very best of luck. This is his 2nd year and he cant keep moving the goalposts every year. There comes a time when improvement has to be seen by supporters. Last year was poor. There has to be improvement this year. We cant be starting team building EVERY year!

What players would you sugest?

tommysmith

Just checked my messages got a nice message

QuoteKEEP YOR PERSONAL NAME CALLING ATTACKS TO YOUR f**king SELF. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE POSTS DONT READ THEM .

YOU DONT OWN THE BOARD

tommysmith

Quote from: Richiej on January 21, 2012, 06:17:52 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 21, 2012, 06:04:38 PM
Just checked my messages got a nice message

QuoteKEEP YOR PERSONAL NAME CALLING ATTACKS TO YOUR f**king SELF. IF YOU DONT LIKE THE POSTS DONT READ THEM .

YOU DONT OWN THE BOARD
Are you looking for sympathy from other posters or what???? Why don't you talk football if your able!!

:D :D :D :D :D

anglocelt39

Number 3 Like Carr ,Andrews had no intercounty track record when we appointed him for the 2nd time so it seems we never learned anything from Carrs  poor 2 year term

No doubt about it Richie you're the gift that keeps on giving. What exactly is your definition of an intercounty track record? Regarding Carr and I'm open to correction wasn't he in charge of the Dubs the year they last an AISF replay to a late Maurice Fitz goal? I could nearly swear your dream ticket for the management position was stated as one Peter Canavan, so now I'm really intrigued as to what your definition is of an inter county track record??

There seems to be only  one area of your arguments that remains consistent and that is a sad, pathetic agenda against Val Andrews for reasons best known to yourself.

Having seen your posts here and your contributions over a number of years on another forum (which I do not post to myself) it is hard to disagree with the assessment of a few posters here that you are, indeed, a fool. To help you out, I'm reporting myself to the moderator when I've completed this post to save you the bother.

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavanlad

Quote from: Richiej on January 21, 2012, 05:54:09 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 21, 2012, 04:41:41 PM

Number 1 i don't have to justify my post to anybody , there just my opinion

Number 2 I've no personal vendetta against Val Andrews but i have judged him on his results . 2011 Championship team selection, tactics, and management explaination wernt what was expected from a Senior Inter County Manager.

Number 3 Like Carr ,Andrews had no intercounty track record when we appointed him for the 2nd time so it seems we never learned anything from Carrs  poor 2 year term.

Number 4 he is entitled to pick who he likes without explaination but if it goes tits up id expect him to walk away especially as it is his 2nd year but from his panel secection it seems like his 1st year.

Number 5 there seems to be a nice crop of young lads coming through. Its a pity theres not more experience in the panel to help these lads along in training. Its a long time since talent like this came through in such numbers. It would be a shame if it gets wasted.

Number 6 i genuinely wish Andrews the very best of luck. This is his 2nd year and he cant keep moving the goalposts every year. There comes a time when improvement has to be seen by supporters. Last year was poor. There has to be improvement this year. We cant be starting team building EVERY year!

Point 1: The league has not even start yet, so will you give the team more time.

Point 2: There is an nice crop of young player's, first time you got anything right. These under 21 player, they DON'T need experience in the panel, they have grown up with each other since 15 or 16 with the Development squads, the 3 "dropped" players would not help them nor given them experience, 1 of these "dropped player's" would set them back, the under 21 were able to close out winners in Fermangh and in Dublin, last year's under 21 were also unlucky not to win an ulster minor medal too.

Point 3: There has been an improvement this year already in the McKenna Cup, i known it not the league or championship, but there was good "team play" from new player's and from last year's under 21. I would be scared about 6 goals in 3 games, FR i ever liked, what other goalkeeper are there out there, the under 21  from two years ago from Laragh Utd, i think it was Martin Smith. Was it the Sercock goalkeeper as the sub for the McKenna games.

Point 4:Richiej i known your allowed to post noting wrong with that, and you shouldn't be personal abused on  here, but your going around in coroners, the hoganstand, the celt. Can you not just think before posting very harsh comments. Everyone in Cavan and i hope you want Cavan to do well, there are 60 player's plus with Ulster medals in Cavan from last year, we are building, look at tipp. Cavan will get better and i hope win an Ulster Senior title before 2014.

There are no easy draws in Ulster's, which is the hardest province in Ireland.

i have no hard feeling to you Richiej, but just move ahead and wait until we have player Wexford and Longford.
My ignore list - Richiej

Westside

Abusive personal messages? Like Johnston, RichieJ is showing his true colours now.

Richie is right about the experience. We should keep lads there who are experienced at taking hammerings and making a mess of games at intercounty level. Maybe they will be able to taint these U21s and Minors who have learned how to get on top of teams and close out games.

gaaboard

Could posters call a halt to the personal attacks and stick to debating the issues respectfully.

Thanks,
Admin.