Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Pity to lose the game when so close to winning it but it is only effectively a challenge game.

Breffni_Yank

Couldn't make it up yesterday. Where do stand? Plenty of positives or same old Cavan throwing away a lead?

How did the full-back line go?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavanforever

good to see a few other cavan representatives playing for their colleges over the weekend. marc leddy was playing for sligo it while omara was in goals for DIT with ross sheridan and stephen cooney among the subs for them. dont know how the latter 2 are not in terry hylands u21 plans when playing at that level. not sure but think niall murray and simon cadden could have been representing ucd aswell

Dougal

who are sheridan cooney and cadden?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

rodney trotter

Sheridan is from Killygarry, Cooney Castlerahan and Simon Cadden Ramor.

Cadden was on the u21 panel last year and i presume he is on this year aswell.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: cavanforever on January 09, 2012, 01:54:24 PM
good to see a few other cavan representatives playing for their colleges over the weekend. marc leddy was playing for sligo it while omara was in goals for DIT with ross sheridan and stephen cooney among the subs for them. dont know how the latter 2 are not in terry hylands u21 plans when playing at that level. not sure but think niall murray and simon cadden could have been representing ucd aswell

I thought someone said all our lads are playing with their county? Does that mean them boys aren't in with Cavan?

Picked up the paper this morning. Jack Brady is with DCU as well I think.

rodney trotter

I think it's the u21 players who can play with the colleges like Jack Brady. They won't be involved with the Senior panel for the early stages of the league to concentrate on the u21 championship. I heard Brady had a great game with Dcu getting 3pts.

Celt_Man

Josh Hayes played for UCD in the O'Bryne Cup too... I know I'm biased but I really can't understand how he hasn't even gotten a look-in with the County.  Like it seems damn near everyone else was involved at some level, trials etc before Christmas
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 10, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
Josh Hayes played for UCD in the O'Bryne Cup too... I know I'm biased but I really can't understand how he hasn't even gotten a look-in with the County.  Like it seems damn near everyone else was involved at some level, trials etc before Christmas

Yes CM, Josh Hayes is a well worth a look. He is far superior to some of the players,which have played championship football for Cavan over the last number of years.
I was at a club fitness test Sunday,so couldn't make it down to Celtic Park,which i had planned to do to see the first and probably only time, 3 Ballyhaise Men were on the County team!!!!  :o
Can any of you lads tell me how Fergal , Sean Mac and Ray got on?
Fergal Slowey is a terrific footballer and one of the best man markers in the county,as any of the lads on here would tell you but id be worried his size (5'7) would work against him at IC level.

cavanmaniac

It looks from this far remove, with the real stuff not due to start for a while yet, that Val has at least some sort of clear plan for the season ahead with regard to training and personnel and the work ethic required of those that make up his panel. WE have also yet to gauge the impact of John Morrison who I hope is back on the road to recovery.

If the reality is as positive as the soundings here and elsewhere would indicate - albeit without a ball really being kicked - then I welcome it. I've been praying for a proper clearout and fresh start for years, I really hope this is it.

cavanmaniac

Apologies if posted before:

Ulster U21 FC, draw, TYrone and Down in the other side:

Prelim Round – 14th March: Fermanagh V Tyrone at Brewester Park

Ulster Quarter Finals – 21st March:
[a] Cavan V Armagh at Kingspan Breffni Park
Derry V Monaghan at Celtic Park
[c] Down V Antrim at Park Esler
[d] Donegal V Fermanagh or Tyrone

(if Donegal v Fermanagh at Ballyboefey, if Tyrone v Donegal at Healy Park.)

Ulster Semi Finals – 4th April
[a] V
[c] v [d]

Ulster Final – 11th April

*all games at 8.30 under lights*

mylestheslasher

Cavan U21's are also playing Leitrim on Friday next in Cloone at 8pm in the Hastings cup.

mylestheslasher

Cavan bet leitrim 10 to 6 in Hastings cup last night. Anyone at it?

Celt_Man

Any word on the team for tomorrow?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010