Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: Take your goals on December 01, 2011, 03:33:14 AM
Going back to the johnston story, I was always one of johnstons biggest fans as i recognise the ability he has and the joy he brought to cavan fans during a barren spell for cavan football.. It now appears that he is no longer wanted by the cavan management, also there are a few fans that are happy to see him off the panel... I for one will fully support him if he chooses to go to kildare.. It would be a shame if his intercounty career was ended at 27 by a journeyman manager that feels this is good for cavan football..

I dont think it is good for the GAA to have players "signing" for other countys for reasons like this.  It is moving the game towards becoming professional and in this economy it cannot be supported.  If Johnston kept himself fit and continued to play well for the Gaels in the early part on next year i would have no doubt that he would have been called back in as the management would have had no choice. 

I also heard that it is pretty certain that he will go to Kildare but i just cant see it happening unless he can get a year off in his work.

cornafean

Cavan must be in an awful state if a leading player can now be dropped from the panel. I mean you'd never see such a thing happening in the successful counties like Dublin, Cork or Kerry...
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cornafean on December 01, 2011, 10:23:00 AM
Cavan must be in an awful state if a leading player can now be dropped from the panel. I mean you'd never see such a thing happening in the successful counties like Dublin, Cork or Kerry...

Kerry - Maurice Fitzgerald
Cork - James Masters
Dublin - Paddy Andrews

To name a few

cornafean

My career in the irony business is going nowhere  :'(
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cornafean on December 01, 2011, 11:24:57 AM
My career in the irony business is going nowhere  :'(

It was weak, you needed to add one of these.... ::)

rodney trotter

Tommy if you heard its pity certain he is going then maybe he has got work there..Hearing its pretty certain is going but thinking he wont be going because of the work situation doesn't make sense.. Either he is or isn't going. He is hardly going to play county football with Kildare and live in the dole..

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 01, 2011, 05:13:07 PM
Tommy if you heard its pity certain he is going then maybe he has got work there..Hearing its pretty certain is going but thinking he wont be going because of the work situation doesn't make sense.. Either he is or isn't going. He is hardly going to play county football with Kildare and live in the dole..

I heard that but i dont believe everything i hear.

I dont think he is foolish enough to quiet his job teaching in Cavan because he may not get another one here when he is finished with kildare. 

So in short is he willing to turn his life up side down for the chance of playing with kildare?

rodney trotter

Who knows tommy, but in the Irish Independent today one the kildare selectors was saying was the door was open in the future for a switch, that there was nothing firm on the matter as of yet.
On a different matter its a bit ridiculous that the two u21 couldn't be played as a double header. The div2 is saturday and div1 is sunday. Can't see them being on the main pitch, 3g again i'd say. Think Newtown will beat Assan Gaels by 3 or 4 points.

tommysmith

They are both Saturday going by fixtures on Hoganstand.

Saturday, 03rd December 2011 @ 6pm
Hotel Kilmore Division 1 Under Championship Final
Newtown Gaels Assan Gaels

Saturday, 03rd December 2011 @ 4.15pm
Hotel Kilmore Division 2 Under Championship Final
Ballyhaise v Laragh Utd

rodney trotter

That's an error by Hoganstand, the division 1 final is definitely on sunday.

Breffni_Yank

I see on the main thread its being reported that John Morrisson is very sick.

Westside

Yes just saw that on Twitter, County players tweeting their good wishes.

tommysmith

Best wishes to beefer at times llike this footballl takes a back seat.

tierworker blue

Quote from: tommysmith on December 03, 2011, 02:28:56 AM
Best wishes to beefer at times llike this footballl takes a back seat.

Absolutely...well said

rodney trotter

John Morrison was involved with Mickey Moran when they were over Mayo and he was also with Mickey Moran for a year at Leitrim. Mickey Moran had to step down from Leitrim about a week ago due to health reasons and it could well be that John Morrison might have to leave Cavan so soon too. Hopefully they both make a good recovery.