Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sams the aim

If they want to play county football they wud have no choice but to leave, it's been made v clear they won't be in this year, to be honest if anyone was treated with the same lack of respect these lads have been some with a lot of years service to not get even d dignity of a face to face meeting,people hiding behind a phone call  then u wud definitely have to think twice about what ur options r, and it wud make it impossible to play under present management again.

angellady

Quote from: sams the aim on November 19, 2011, 12:56:12 AM
If they want to play county football they wud have no choice but to leave, it's been made v clear they won't be in this year, to be honest if anyone was treated with the same lack of respect these lads have been some with a lot of years service to not get even d dignity of a face to face meeting,people hiding behind a phone call  then u wud definitely have to think twice about what ur options r, and it wud make it impossible to play under present management again.
No problem seanie. We get your point. We love you. Sleep soundly you traitor!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on November 19, 2011, 12:56:12 AM

A load of horse shite. Cavan must be the only county where certain players think it is their birth right to be on the county team. Players get dropped in other counties too you know? We have to assume that the managers dropped them for a reason (poor form, not putting it in, bringing down morale in squad etc). The players should now use their time to correct this, go out and show what they are worth in the league next spring. Not run away like a spoilt brat. Cavan gaa is bigger than any one player, much bigger. I think it would be a very poor sign of a player who would run away when a challenge is put in front of them and like I said such an action would justify their exclusion in the first place. Of course these rumours are hopefully false and are only malicious.

sams the aim

It's nothing to do with birthright, it's just-simple manners to meet people face to face, after all DES players give up their free time to play and sacrifice so much. I no lyng was told he won't be in cos he is to old, what sort of stupid comment is that and if he does go nd play with Mayo I for one wud not blame him.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on November 19, 2011, 09:41:06 AM
It's nothing to do with birthright, it's just-simple manners to meet people face to face, after all DES players give up their free time to play and sacrifice so much. I no lyng was told he won't be in cos he is to old, what sort of stupid comment is that and if he does go nd play with Mayo I for one wud not blame him.

Agreed it is a stupid comment, if it was actually said. Also agree players should be respected and told clearly why they are not on the panel. Lyng was one of my favourite Cavan players but unfortunately his form for the past yrs with Cavan has not been good enough. He was very poor in the 2 games last yr. Let him go out and show Andrews he has still got what it takes. Do you realise how strong mayo club football is? Lyng, on current form, would not make one of their top club teams never mind the county panel. I have doubts on Andrews myself but we have to accept he has seen the panel close up and he also has to consider the environment he is introducing the u21s into. Maybe he feels a clear out is the only way and I have sympathy for that position.

Swadman

Quote from: sams the aim on November 19, 2011, 09:41:06 AM
.... I no lyng was told he won't be in cos he is to old, what sort of stupid comment is that and if he does go nd play with Mayo I for one wud not blame him.
There are as many or more players dropped from the Kerry panel each year and they would be welcomed with open arms in any other county. You don't see it happening though. There wont be a bidding war for a player dropped off the Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Antrim, etc. panels.
As for Jelly to Kildare !!!! have you seen the size of those f***ers and McGeeney has run the arses off them to have them one of the fittest in the country. I can't see Johnston ticking any of his boxes. If he wants to work, let him work at getting back on the Cavan panel by producing consistant, hard grafting, performances for his club.

sams the aim

Maybe he wudnt make it myles but he is not wanted here and told he is gone and not bein brought into the Cavan panel so he is right to back his ability and try, if u have no respect for someone or an organisation it's v v hard to trust Nd work with them so I feel that mr Andrews methods of telling these guys has burned d bridges for good

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on November 19, 2011, 10:46:31 AM
Maybe he wudnt make it myles but he is not wanted here and told he is gone and not bein brought into the Cavan panel so he is right to back his ability and try, if u have no respect for someone or an organisation it's v v hard to trust Nd work with them so I feel that mr Andrews methods of telling these guys has burned d bridges for good

The things is Mr Andrews has a shelf life and players like Lyng and Johnson should remember that. If either player goes elsewhere then it is they that are burning their bridges as I don't think the Cavan public would want them back. I have my doubts about some of Andrews decisions especially the ones I was able to see 1st hand like the ridiculous tactics against Donegal last year and then his boasts about scoring more against them than anyone else. I suspect he could get the road at the end of this season. Hyland is the likely successor or maybe McCabe. I say it again, lads who are upset by being left out should just try and knuckle down and do well with their club. They should also be wary of the "hoganstand brigade" who will whisper in their ears how hard done by they are. With a new manager and year away from the county panel these players could come in again and make a difference and I actually hope that they do.

boojangles

Quote from: Westside on November 17, 2011, 01:40:05 PM
What about Canavan in line to be the Fermanagh manager.. Is that a missed opportunity for Cavan? I would imagine he'd be a great idol for promising young players. Then again maybe he wouldn't touch Cavan because of our baggage..

I believe that our Chairman approached 'God' last year but he never gave a definite answer. I hear a round figure of 100k for the whole Canavan team for Fermanagh.

Breffni_Yank

Two very entertaining U21 semi-finals last night in Division Two.

Quality wasn't great in the Bailieborough v Ballyhaise game but the last few minutes were as exciting as any match I have seen in years. Definetly beat sitting at home watching that bloody X-Factor with the woman.  Good to see teams giving it everything at this time of year and have to give it to the County Board.....great idea to play them on the 3G pitch.

The Bailieborough keeper made 3 or 4 brilliants saves to keep his team in it. Ballyhaise have a few very good footballers coming through and I was very impressed with the centre-forward.

The second game between Laragh and Drumgoon was just as interesting and ended in a draw and you could tell both teams had done a fair amount of training for this game. Cavan football has a genuine star coming through in Conor Moynagh.

rodney trotter

Was it Kevin Tiermey that was Centre forward for Ballyhaise? Wasn't at the games
Heard Assan Gaels won by 3 in the replay, they were lucky to get the draw last week as it looked like Mickey Lee was playing for the draw towards the end.. For an amalgamation of 3 clubs lavey,killinkere its mainly lavey players that dominate the team.. From the drawn game last week i think all the scores came from Lavey players.. Lavey probaly joined up as thats the way the u21 championship in div 1, mainly made up of amalgamated players.. Cuchulainns have only one player on the assan gaels team i think.

Westside

Quote from: boojangles on November 19, 2011, 12:47:44 PM
Quote from: Westside on November 17, 2011, 01:40:05 PM
What about Canavan in line to be the Fermanagh manager.. Is that a missed opportunity for Cavan? I would imagine he'd be a great idol for promising young players. Then again maybe he wouldn't touch Cavan because of our baggage..

I believe that our Chairman approached 'God' last year but he never gave a definite answer. I hear a round figure of 100k for the whole Canavan team for Fermanagh.

Yes I've heard Canavan isn't shy about putting a price on his time.

QUB GAA Research

Hi Everyone,

I am a final year student at QUB, and as part of my course I am required to undertake a group piece of research.
We have chosen to do this on the GAA, and the different reasons on player drop-our rates post age 18 between rural and urban areas.

We would be very greatfull if you could take the time to fill out the survey below (it will literally only take 2 minutes).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q8FYCHK

We've got some great feedback so far, and I think the users on this message board can add valuable contributions to the study.
Please feel free to comment/make sussestions on our thread (below) or on the survey about the topic.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20675.msg1048613#new

Thanks Very much!
Go raibh mile maith agat

Dougal

in the celt this week that johnston has held talks with mcgeeney.it says it's up in the air at the minute,but i cant imagine it being anything else,he'll have to move clubs,get a new job in kildare and i think both county boards have to approve it.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

tommysmith