Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilsJemmysField

In again at the weekend U21 games, Newtown are a big strong team and even with a man less. Put together a strong performance to get into a final. Assan managed to get a draw against a defensive St Joes outfit with Paddy King and Bosco probably the main men . Lucky enough free at the end disturbing again to see the antics of some lads. Discipline is still a big issue around Cavan football. Wondering what the feeling about playing on the 3G is. I know our lads do not like the surface as Drumalee, cootehill and Ballyhaise have been on the 3G. Wondering what you lads think

rodney trotter

Bary Doyle was very good again for Newtown as was Jack Brady.. They are big team thats true allright, Niall Mckieran will be a loss in the final, Conor Smit brother of Terrys hah a good game at half back aswell he had missed the previous two games through injury. Finnegan and Mcdermott were a big threat inside aswell..Castlerahan led by 2 at half time and failed to score in the second half.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 15, 2011, 04:33:27 PM
, Niall Mckieran will be a loss in the final

Article in the Celt and the Newton manger is saying they are  going to appeal it.  I dont think anyone should be getting off for spitting at another player, its a dirty act.

Westside

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on November 16, 2011, 10:17:21 PM
Johnston to Kildare...?

Where you hear that ?

Does he not teach in cavan?

Edit : You read to much hoganstand dude

rodney trotter

He teaches in Breffni College 'tech'.. Kildare county board are suppose to be the wealthiest of all the county board in the country so maybe they have landed some county player with a big Job and money on the side to play for them.. I doubt its Johnston.

sams the aim

I heard Armagh and lyng to Mayo and the miller to fermanagh, they wud b dead rite d way they were treated, a phone call after all des years service, management not even d decency-to meet face to face

tommysmith

Sam you do know that Miller is still with Cavan and what is to say the other lads are not either.  A couple of fruit cakes on Hoganstand are causing all these rumours.

whats my name

i know for a fact one of the six players mentioned was dropped from the panel he got a phone call from the managment an said he was no longer required heard this from the horses mouth so it must be true

rodney trotter

It was in the Celt tommy not just on hoganstand about them players being dropped..

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 17, 2011, 12:52:46 PM
It was in the Celt tommy not just on hoganstand about them players being dropped..

Which weeks Celt?

I am not trying to be awkward but i have not seen a statement from Cavan County Board or Val Andrews saying what players have been dropped or what players are called in etc.

I have seen a article in the star which names players that have been dropped but i dont believe it to be totally true as at least one of the players is still there.

Westside

What about Canavan in line to be the Fermanagh manager.. Is that a missed opportunity for Cavan? I would imagine he'd be a great idol for promising young players. Then again maybe he wouldn't touch Cavan because of our baggage..

PhilsJemmysField

Right now there will be a lot of shadow boxing going on around the Cavan squad. As there is supposed to be no "collective training" till January. 

mylestheslasher

If anyone left out of the Cavan squad, went and signed up for another county then that would vindicate the managers to decision to leave them out in the first place. I hope none of our players would stoop to such levels.