Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanforever

tomsmith you couldnt just remain on hoganstand could you??

Westside

For the integrity of the board I would suggest an ignore the windup merchant approach would soon result in boredom kicking in and a return to a place where people will give him the attention he desires.

tierworker blue

Quote from: Westside on October 30, 2011, 07:41:16 PM
Quote from: tierworker blue on October 30, 2011, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: Westside on October 29, 2011, 06:43:19 PM
Cavan playing Louth at the moment. Starting team is:
FReilly. DO'Dowd. SMcCormack. MClarke. BWatters. JJordan. RM--Derham. TCorr. GMcKiernan .SJordan. DMeehan. DGivney. CMcClarey .RCullivan. RGalligan

Keating, Smith, Kevin Meehan all on so far. 15 minutes left Cavan up by 1.

Any FT result for this Westside? I did'nt make the match and hav'nt heard anything about it (been off the radar all w'end!)

Cavan won by a point. I think it was a case of "next score wins" because it was a draw after full time and the second game could not be delayed. Cavan got the score and won. I've heard good things in terms of the intensity and effort showed by Cavan. Anyone know who the corner back M Clarke is?

Cheers for that horse.

tomsmith

Has to be Terry Coyle park. It reminds me of the crucible in Sheffield UK on a may day.

tomsmith

Can we have a GAA section concerning where are they now for GAA men.
Take the the famous Red Collier, Mick Lyones , the Iron man from Rhode our own Ollie Leddy, Ciaran O Keeffe, Jim Reilly. Sure you could go on and on former team mangers could have a section like Gabriel Kelly.
I think it would make for great discussion.
What do you think?

tomsmith

I know Donal was minor manager back in 2005 and will be credited with some of the praises sung by people with redard to this years minor win. We have the Gaels too the kinpins of minor football. congrats to all involved and we thank you Donal for starting this minor revival back in 2005

boojangles

Quote from: Westside on October 30, 2011, 07:41:16 PM
Quote from: tierworker blue on October 30, 2011, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: Westside on October 29, 2011, 06:43:19 PM
Cavan playing Louth at the moment. Starting team is:
FReilly. DO'Dowd. SMcCormack. MClarke. BWatters. JJordan. RM--Derham. TCorr. GMcKiernan .SJordan. DMeehan. DGivney. CMcClarey .RCullivan. RGalligan

Keating, Smith, Kevin Meehan all on so far. 15 minutes left Cavan up by 1.

Any FT result for this Westside? I did'nt make the match and hav'nt heard anything about it (been off the radar all w'end!)

Cavan won by a point. I think it was a case of "next score wins" because it was a draw after full time and the second game could not be delayed. Cavan got the score and won. I've heard good things in terms of the intensity and effort showed by Cavan. Anyone know who the corner back M Clarke is?

I'd hazard a guess that it is Michael Clarke from Knockbride. They call him Sticky. Usually plays Centre-half for them. Fast and fit he's worth a run.

boojangles

Ollie Leddy was in the stand in St Phelims Park Drumalee yesterday. Runs a pig farm I believe.
Ciaran O Keefe lives in Sligo.

rodney trotter

Good to see Barry Watters back playing with the county. He missed out on the u21s reaching the Ulster Final as he was in the Far East on work placement from DCU. He would have been a key player on that team.. What other players were dropped from the panel after Lyng, Johnston and Sheridan? No sign of Mackey or Mckeever.. Nicholas Walsh will definitely not be playing club or county next year thats certain anyway,. back in oz working with a newly fomed AFL side called Sydney Celts with the support staff doing strength and conditioning work.

tierworker blue

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 31, 2011, 11:55:22 AM
Good to see Barry Watters back playing with the county. He missed out on the u21s reaching the Ulster Final as he was in the Far East on work placement from DCU. He would have been a key player on that team.. What other players were dropped from the panel after Lyng, Johnston and Sheridan? No sign of Mackey or Mckeever.. Nicholas Walsh will definitely not be playing club or county next year thats certain anyway,. back in oz working with a newly fomed AFL side called Sydney Celts with the support staff doing strength and conditioning work.

Yep, this was in the Indo yesterday, for those who did'nt see it...
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/giants-step-allowing-walsh-to-make-great-leap-forward-2921029.html

boojangles

Quote from: tierworker blue on October 31, 2011, 12:59:46 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 31, 2011, 11:55:22 AM

Yep, this was in the Indo yesterday, for those who did'nt see it...
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/giants-step-allowing-walsh-to-make-great-leap-forward-2921029.html

A great organiser. Best of luck to him.

cavanforever

anyone at the u21 club games? anyone perform well that could be worth a place on the u21 squad

boojangles

Quote from: cavanforever on October 31, 2011, 09:09:01 PM
anyone at the u21 club games? anyone perform well that could be worth a place on the u21 squad

From my own club Jimmy Fallon is definitely worth a trial. He was on Oisin Minagh yesterday and while Oisin played well, Jimmy also stood out.
Cian Byrne impressed also but may be a bit young.

rodney trotter

Connor Finnegan was decent for Newtown Gaels, he scored 2-2.. needs to get fitter though. Barry Doyle was very good at centre back aswell for Newtown. Both worth a look for the u21s.

Bigger test against Cavan Gaels in the next round though, as Erne Gaels weren't up too much..

tommysmith

I see there is some backlash to Vals outburst in the celt last week.

A few lads were busy sending emails to the celt.