Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

I heard after the Longford game in june that there would be a few lads not playing with the county next season after the farce that went on this season.. Was Connor McClarey one of the 3 u21s brought in? He wasn't starting for them but was doing allright coming off the bench. I can't see major improvements next year.. It will be the same as every year not knowing the strongest team because half the team won't be playing in the mckenna cup as they will be playing with the colleges, then in the national league in the early rounds the sigerson does be on.. It doesn't help then when a few of the better players from Cavan Gaels won't commit to the panel.

Breffni_Yank

Andrews was the manager of the Junior team and three three lads I heard were called weren't even asked into the Junior panel after the u21's finished up. Can anyone else make sense of that?

If we started with so many of the younger players in the summer I would have thought that most of them will be in there again, training and working hard so to try and hit the ground running when the year starts, get a good run in the McKenna instead of the usual shite.

tommysmith

Was Jason Reilly not manager of the Junior team?

Dougal

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on October 19, 2011, 04:03:57 PM
Andrews was the manager of the Junior team and three three lads I heard were called weren't even asked into the Junior panel after the u21's finished up. Can anyone else make sense of that?

If we started with so many of the younger players in the summer I would have thought that most of them will be in there again, training and working hard so to try and hit the ground running when the year starts, get a good run in the McKenna instead of the usual shite.

can you PM me the three that you heard.

Jayo was selector, i think.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

rodney trotter

Sure the names on here.. fks it will hardly prevent Cavan from winning sam next year ;D

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on October 19, 2011, 04:03:57 PM

Maybe they had a good league and championship with their clubs?

Westside

I hope Andrews has the guts to drop Johnston this year if he continues this terrible run of form.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on October 19, 2011, 05:20:30 PM
I hope Andrews has the guts to drop Johnston this year if he continues this terrible run of form.

I would like to see a new goalkeeper in also.

I dont think Alan O'Mara is the answer though he is a good shot stopper but his kickout is poor, his brother may be a better long term option.

rodney trotter

A few other hidden gems from Dublin wouldn't go a miss either.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on October 19, 2011, 05:20:30 PM

I reckon Johnston should take a break from football, he doesn't look happy in his skin.

whats my name

i heard barry watters is back in on the panel i also heard jamie leahy the c-rahan keeper is in val mustn't have been at the county final. from what i hear dermot sheridan services are not required anymore. was just thinking would brides be worth another look at would be a good option at corner back very solid player for plunketts in dublin

BigMac

Heard through the grapevine that Seanie Johnston won't be playing county football next year. Too old at 26/27!! Apparently Val is going with youth and lads playing college football. Could mean a very different panel than last year. :o

tommysmith

Quote from: BigMac on October 21, 2011, 06:12:56 AM
Heard through the grapevine that Seanie Johnston won't be playing county football next year. Too old at 26/27!! Apparently Val is going with youth and lads playing college football. Could mean a very different panel than last year. :o

Is that Val saying he is to old or is it Johnston himself. He probably couldn't be arsed playing anyway and he would have been better off no where near it last year.

Roscommon did similar a few years ago and have had success since but getting to a Connaught final and winning it is a hell of a lot easier than Ulster.