Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up-again

Quote from: tommysmith on October 18, 2011, 07:44:42 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on October 18, 2011, 07:16:07 PM
I think it's safe to say TomSmith is on some sort of a retainer from the Hogan Stand Mods as a resident WUM cum village idiot. How some of his posts and threads  get published while relatively regular efforts at posting get censored takes a lot of explaining.

That sean o rinn or whatever his name is should be censored on there aswell.

Censored...now that is putting it kindly!

mylestheslasher

Hoganstand is a joke website. As you all rightly say, people who write absolute trash get printed and people who try to write something constructive get censored. Mods obviously working to an agenda of some sort over there.

However, I'm not sure what all the abuse is about on here. Richie just stated an opinion re the gaels management and people go jumping down his throat. Bad form folks, especially when it is coming from some posters who have very little to say on here most of the time. As for yer man Sean O Rinn, while i might not agree with him at least he does try and put a point or two across. Problem is over there that instead of debating posters just play the man instead and start slagging.

rodney trotter

I have no problem with richiej i would agree with most of the stuff he says anyway..

tommysmith

Back to football anyone have any word on who is on this new panel that is been put together?

sammymaguire

Jaysus things getting hot and heavy here in An Cabhan.  :o Ya's would think that ye lot weren't used to losing games with all this arguing and hand bags flying everywhere
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mylestheslasher

As bad as we are there is still a bit of fight in us, when that wears off we'll head over to the fermanagh thread and talk about knitting with ye boys.

Ollie

Quote from: tommysmith on October 18, 2011, 10:39:16 PM
Back to football anyone have any word on who is on this new panel that is been put together?

With the club championship over now do you think there be many new faces on the panel? I only attended my own teams championship games so I wouldn't up to speed on players from other clubs but from what I can gather It seems the guys who made the biggest impressions over the course of the championship were the lads on the County Under 21 team this year. Do you think there be many players outside of the under 21s being called up for the new season?

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Ollie on October 19, 2011, 12:37:34 AM

With the club championship over now do you think there be many new faces on the panel? I only attended my own teams championship games so I wouldn't up to speed on players from other clubs but from what I can gather It seems the guys who made the biggest impressions over the course of the championship were the lads on the County Under 21 team this year. Do you think there be many players outside of the under 21s being called up for the new season?

From what I have been told there are two or three players on the senior panel now that could not make the U21 panels on matchday this year.

If it is true then obviously a lot of players are opting out. The only players that should be stepping up from u21 straight into the seniors are the ones who excelled. Anyway that is just hearsay I picked up at work.

All will be revealed in time I suppose...

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on October 19, 2011, 02:34:20 PM

. The only players that should be stepping up from u21 straight into the seniors are the ones who excelled.

That is rubbish. 

What about players who never played minor or U-21 should they not be selected?

Just because they didnt make a U-21 team should not exclude them from the senior panel that would be madness.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: tommysmith on October 19, 2011, 02:54:04 PM

. The only players that should be stepping up from u21 straight into the seniors are the ones who excelled.

That is rubbish. 

Just because they didnt make a U-21 team should not exclude them from the senior panel that would be madness.

If they couldn't make the u21 panel this year then I think it is madness..

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on October 19, 2011, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on October 19, 2011, 02:54:04 PM

That is rubbish. 

If they couldn't make the u21 panel this year then I think it is madness..

So only players that have been on U21 panels should be considered for senior panels?

Breffni_Yank

Are you mentally slow?

I am not saying for one second a lad needs to have played underage county football to be able to be on the seniors but to have three lads in that couldn't make the u21 subs about four months ago seems like we are pretty desperate to me..

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on October 19, 2011, 03:07:38 PM
Are you mentally slow?

I am not saying for one second a lad needs to have played underage county football to be able to be on the seniors but to have three lads in that couldn't make the u21 subs about four months ago seems like we are pretty desperate to me..

Thats not a nice way to talk to someone on the internet.

I think everyone should be getting a chance to prove themselves.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: tommysmith on October 19, 2011, 03:11:30 PM
Are you mentally slow?

Apologies, bad day at the office here.

Andrews has been here a year and he spent that entire year chopping and changing. The u21's were called in and then he had a Junior Panel on the go for a good while so am I the only one that was hoping we had a settled squad together and working hard to improve for next year rather than the same oul crap of bringing lads in, play them in the McKenna Cup and then cutting them loose?

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on October 19, 2011, 03:16:31 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on October 19, 2011, 03:11:30 PM
Are you mentally slow?

Apologies, bad day at the office here.

Andrews has been here a year and he spent that entire year chopping and changing. The u21's were called in and then he had a Junior Panel on the go for a good while so am I the only one that was hoping we had a settled squad together and working hard to improve for next year rather than the same oul crap of bringing lads in, play them in the McKenna Cup and then cutting them loose?
I dont know if the Junior panel was anything to do with Andrews but i dont think it is run right anyway.

Andrews is a clown as far as i'm concerned and the clubs should be trying to get him out but they wont, as the majority of clubs dont give a Fcuk about the county team.

The Mckenna cup is a competition for trying out new players and if they are not showing well or up to it what can be done with them.  It will be far from a settled squad after the performances from last year i wouldnt have many of them on it but maybe they are best we have.