Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

I don't believe it, an absolutely extraordinary case of plagiarism....check out the discussions I posted on 29th June....just for the record I am not involved with the county board, in fact I don't even live in Ireland anymore....does Peter Quinn read the GAAboard???

Breffni_Yank

Be very interested to see a proposal of these plans.

On a different note I heard a sneaky whisper the Senior Panel is back training.

Is it not way too early? Any word on who got the call or who didn't?

Westside

Givney and Mickey Brennan both had it on their Twitter. Good move lads!! No word of any new additions yet though.

Far too early I think. It's a long long way until Championship time. Unless they're aiming to peak during the league which they might well be.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on September 29, 2011, 10:45:26 AM
Givney and Mickey Brennan both had it on their Twitter. Good move lads!! No word of any new additions yet though.

Far too early I think. It's a long long way until Championship time. Unless they're aiming to peak during the league which they might well be.

Sounds like they are going to make an all out attack on the Mckenna Cup.

tommysmith

Quote from: CC1 on September 29, 2011, 01:12:26 PM
At this moment in time lads, our seniors should be going for any silverware that they can get. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a League or a McKenna cup.

Not turning my nose up at anything just wondering what the hell they are playing at by training in September with club championsip finals not even played yet.  If this continues there wont be too many fellas interested come christmas never mind next may/june.

Westside

Perhaps the training now is just weights programs etc?? I seem to remember Val saying greater focus would be placed on players' conditioning this year.

rodney trotter

Maybe they want to get some training in before the November/December training ban for county teams.. Although i remember Cavan made a balls of that last year and it got national news :D I thought Mickey Brennan had quit with Cavan, he would still have something to offer the county team good player, got a raw deal in the championship games this year.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Westside on September 29, 2011, 03:01:15 PM
Perhaps the training now is just weights programs etc?? I seem to remember Val saying greater focus would be placed on players' conditioning this year.

Conditioning aside I would hope Morrison works on our basic skills and tackling.

Heard today Declan McKiernan, Raymond Galligan and Darragh Tighe were in the other night.

Anyone else see this - http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-to-relax-winter-training-ban-2885655.html

Check out the second last line

cavanmaniac

I can't help but smile when I read about our new found national reputation for training too much when we shouldn't, when surely the tradition among our players has always been to not train enough when they should.

boojangles

Best of luck to all finalists today.
I'm going to have to go for Drumgoon and Cavan Gaels.

rodney trotter

Were Castlerahan as bad as it sounded on the radio yesterday.? Decided at the last minute not to bother heading to the games yesterday and it was the right choice it seems.. 16 points is some hammering in a county final. Hopefully Cavan Gaels will push on this year in Ulster and make some progress. I watched Glenswilly win the donegal final yesterday they look decent but i expect the Gaels to get through as its in Breffni and they would have more experience. Murphy was unreal for them, kicked 1-7 out of 1-8..Good to see Drumgoon win they have been knocking around the last few years without pushing on and winning.

PhilsJemmysField

Castlerahan were very poor kicking long ball into one forward marked by 3 backs. At this stage hard to know how good the gaels are. The third goal was absolute class. Anybody know when first round vs Donegal champs is ?

Ollie

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on October 03, 2011, 05:23:53 PM
Castlerahan were very poor kicking long ball into one forward marked by 3 backs. At this stage hard to know how good the gaels are. The third goal was absolute class. Anybody know when first round vs Donegal champs is ?

It's Sunday week in Breffni. It's the preliminary round with the winners taking on the Monaghan champions in the quarter final. Glenswilly will be a real test for the Gaels.

Denn Forever

Quote from: orangeman on October 02, 2011, 05:39:55 PM
Michael Murphy - scores 1-7 out of 1-8 to win the cup for his club. A man mountain who just could not be held and he literally won the game on his own.
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 03, 2011, 10:42:07 PM
Murphy got a full frontal charge by one of the st michael's boys (I think ill timed more than anything). The guy who did it fell flat on his back and Murphy scored a point. Boys were bouncing off him left - right and centre. Beast of a man who by the looks of it will need a system played against him to curb him. Be interesting to see how cavan gaels play him.

Glenswilly played well defensively - very much in numbers. They'll not be easy beat.

How they manage Murphy will be the key.  CG have more firepower but need to curb Murphy.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sammymaguire

Seen the highlights on TG4 last night. How the Castlerahan full back stayed on the pitch longer than 20 minutes is unreal, he had a shocker! That Donegal team will be hard to bate for Cavan Gaels although I wont be putting any money on the outcome of it
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!