Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Was the Denn Drumalee game played yesterday in the Div 2 League?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Results from final round of Division One League games...

Gowna  1-7 1-11 Redhills  Gowna   
Killeshandra  2-6 1-8 Drumlane  Killeshandra   
Killygarry  1-9 1-9 Cuchullains  Athletic Grounds-Crubany   
Kingscourt  5-7 0-11 Cavan Gaels  Kingscourt   
Lacken  1-22 0-5 Castlerahan  Lacken   
Lavey  1-12 0-12 Belturbet  Lavey   
Mullahoran  3-18 1-8 Ballyhaise  Mullahoran   
Ramor United  1-7 2-9 Ballinagh  Ramor United

Top 4:
Redhills  15 10 2 3 221 203 18 23
Ballinagh  15 10 4 1 240 199 41 21
Mullahoran  15 10 5 0 189 147 42 20
Kingscourt  15 9 5 1 237 182 55 19
Cavan Gaels  15 9 5 1 259 205 54 19

Kingscourt sneak into sem-finals by one point score difference

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 18, 2011, 01:25:44 PM

No. Denn notified the CB that they could not fulfill both fixtures. They had looked to change the game but it didnt suit us. By right we should get the points but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on September 18, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

No. Denn notified the CB that they could not fulfill both fixtures. They had looked to change the game but it didnt suit us. By right we should get the points but I have a feeling that won't happen.

Such a long drawn affair.... Your game could/should have been played before this weekend and the last round of game could have been played yesterday...  Instead of keeping it for another bloody month

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 18, 2011, 02:42:18 PM
Quote from: boojangles on September 18, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

Such a long drawn affair.... Your game could/should have been played before this weekend and the last round of game could have been played yesterday...  Instead of keeping it for another bloody month

I think the initial fixture was postponed because of the Fleadh. I agree it's frustrating for other clubs waiting. Have Cootehill 1 or 2 games left?

Celt_Man

Only one round of fixtures left in Division 2 - bar your game with Denn....  Dragging out something desperate like when you think about the rush that was on to play league games earlier in the year - making clubs play without county players etc...

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 18, 2011, 03:11:59 PM
Only one round of fixtures left in Division 2 - bar your game with Denn....  Dragging out something desperate like when you think about the rush that was on to play league games earlier in the year - making clubs play without county players etc...

It will be interesting to see the stance the CB take tomorrow night. If they award us the points (for Denn not fulfilling the fixture) we are promoted. Then our last game against Swad is irrelevant to us but not to them. Interesting.

Swadman

After Drumalee play Denn its Round 15 and the battle for top 4.

Drumalee v Swanlinbar
Drumgoon v Denn
Drung v Crosserlough
Kill v Cornafean
Killinkere v Cootehill
Knockbride v Cavan Gaels
Shannon Gaels v Butlersbridge
Shercock v Bailieborough

Drumalee and Drumgoon are top 2 certs. Swad can only get to 20 as can Cavan Gaels but CG have a better score diff. All irrelevant if both Crosserlough and Cootehill win as they will be 3 & 4.

PhilsJemmysField

There will b no battle n Killinkere Celt Man, I would say at this stage will b the minor team u will see

PhilsJemmysField

Anybody hear what happened n the CCC hearing on Gowna and Lacken

boojangles

Quote from: Swadman on September 19, 2011, 10:01:22 PM
After Drumalee play Denn its Round 15 and the battle for top 4.

Drumalee v Swanlinbar
Drumgoon v Denn
Drung v Crosserlough
Kill v Cornafean
Killinkere v Cootehill
Knockbride v Cavan Gaels
Shannon Gaels v Butlersbridge
Shercock v Bailieborough

Drumalee and Drumgoon are top 2 certs. Swad can only get to 20 as can Cavan Gaels but CG have a better score diff. All irrelevant if both Crosserlough and Cootehill win as they will be 3 & 4.

Definitely not Swadman. Cootehill and Crosserlough can both still get promoted. They can still catch Drumgoon anyway no matter what happens.

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on September 20, 2011, 10:24:29 AM
Anybody hear what happened n the CCC hearing on Gowna and Lacken

Hearsay Phil but I believe that Shanaghy and Niall Mc Kiernan both got 8 weeks. If thats the case Shanaghy can feel very hard done by for what in truth was a high rugby tackle.
I think Gowna had 2 suspended also. Gearoid Reilly may have been one of them.

PhilsJemmysField

Well Boo congratulations just looked at the table on Cavan Gaa website and you got the points versus Denn. So looks like Div 2  will now end up in the Supreme Court at the Ulster council if Denn want t take it further

Celt_Man

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on September 20, 2011, 10:20:15 AM
There will b no battle n Killinkere Celt Man, I would say at this stage will b the minor team u will see

I'm still not putting any money on us...

boojangles

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on September 20, 2011, 12:15:49 PM
Well Boo congratulations just looked at the table on Cavan Gaa website and you got the points versus Denn. So looks like Div 2  will now end up in the Supreme Court at the Ulster council if Denn want t take it further

Heard that earlier Phil. Denn have 3 days to appeal. Just hoping it doesn't end up in the European Court of Human Rights.  :P
Not the best way to seal promotion but we should have had it wrapped up in the last league game only for a scandalous refereeing decision denied us the 2 points.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on September 20, 2011, 05:16:57 PM
Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on September 20, 2011, 12:15:49 PM

Heard that earlier Phil. Denn have 3 days to appeal. Just hoping it doesn't end up in the European Court of Human Rights.  :P
Not the best way to seal promotion but we should have had it wrapped up in the last league game only for a scandalous refereeing decision denied us the 2 points.

Ahh sure these things even themselves out over a season sure didn't you get away with murder against us!!  ;D

All joking aside well done to Drumalee - got off to a suspect start if memory serves but carried on regardless