Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

I wouldn't write off Denn at all.. Belturbet will probaly be missing Kevin McConnell or Chops as he is known. He was playing very well at centre back so he would be a big blow if he is out. Denn as they have proven by getting to two county finals are a championship team but i think belturbet will shade it. Bud fizt has been different class in the last few games, he scored a couple of outstanding points last week against lacken. If johnston is out then the gales will struggle, be great if he is as i would like to see kingscourt make another final. Ballinagh-mullahoran is hard one to predict, both even money with the bookies, finnegan missing is a blow for ballinagh another player who was playing well. Think ballinagh by 2 pts if they win enough around the middle. Castlerahan should beat killygarry by 5 or 6.

drici

Quote from: Dougal on August 24, 2011, 01:51:21 PM

castlerahan by 5

Owe you a few pints for that one.

Castlerahan 2-11  Killygarry 1-08

Celt_Man

Ballyhaise by a point - 13 to Swad's 12
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up-again

Very quiet here these days lads.

Anyone unearthed any new talent?

Westside

I was at the Swad Ballyhaise game lastnight. Ballyhaise sneaked it despite Swad having most of the play, Mark Cunningham was a real loss to them. Cullivan and Gearoid had a great tussle in the middle and it got fairly heated. Gearoid came into it well especially in the 2nd half and scored 2 fantastic points in. Cullivan got one monster of a point too when the game was in the melting pot. Swad panicked a little bit too soon and were trying for goals when they could have tried for points to draw level. Ballyhaise just looked to have that little bit more know how and composure but Swad will feel they left the game behind them.

3 red cards, a lot of pulling and dragging and frees.

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on August 27, 2011, 02:56:51 PM
I was at the Swad Ballyhaise game lastnight. Ballyhaise sneaked it despite Swad having most of the play, Mark Cunningham was a real loss to them. Cullivan and Gearoid had a great tussle in the middle and it got fairly heated. Gearoid came into it well especially in the 2nd half and scored 2 fantastic points in. Cullivan got one monster of a point too when the game was in the melting pot. Swad panicked a little bit too soon and were trying for goals when they could have tried for points to draw level. Ballyhaise just looked to have that little bit more know how and composure but Swad will feel they left the game behind them.

3 red cards, a lot of pulling and dragging and frees.

Any spitting in faces?

Westside

Not that I saw Tommy but with Swad it's always a possibility.

In other news, some comeback by the Cavan Ladies. Aisling Doonan is a fantastic player. Cavan should really have won the game but it's good to get another day out considering they were 8 points down at one stage.

Edit: Like an eejit I switched the station thinking it would be a replay but it seems Cavan hammered them in extra time!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on August 27, 2011, 06:19:11 PM
Not that I saw Tommy but with Swad it's always a possibility.

In other news, some comeback by the Cavan Ladies. Aisling Doonan is a fantastic player. Cavan should really have won the game but it's good to get another day out considering they were 8 points down at one stage.

Edit: Like an eejit I switched the station thinking it would be a replay but it seems Cavan hammered them in extra time!
:D

boojangles

Belturbet win by 2.
Ballinagh win by 4. Niall Mc Dermott the difference. Class act.

PhilsJemmysField

Gaels winning against Kingscourt pulling up over as a contest after 15 minutes when a fine Niall Smith run laid off to Dunne back of the net. Went home with 15 to go and Gaels winning 1 13 t 5.

Knockbride could have beaten Killeshandra had 2 scoring chances after a penalty which would have put them 5 up. Killeshandra worked hard to get back into it (very reliant on hit and hope high balls).  Draw was the fair result. 

anglocelt39

Heard our very own Val Andrews sounding off on either RTE or Newstalk after the Donegal/Dublin game yesterday. Somebody please tell me he took the trouble to make it to Breffni last night, bad and all as the game was
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tommysmith

Would he know if there was a game on.

cavanforever

dont know about last night but he was in attendance for the double header saturday as was terry hyland

Denn Forever

Well done Joe i you get it.  From Hoganstand

McQuillan set to referee football decider
29 August 2011

Cavan referee Joe McQuillanJoe McQuillan is expected to be announced as this year's All-Ireland senior football final referee in the coming days.

The Cavan official did not take charge of either of this year's All-Ireland semi-finals and is odds on favourite to take charge of the Dublin-Kerry final on September 18.

McQuillan has refereed six football championship games so far this summer and is in line to become the first Cavan man to be appointed to the final since Brian Crowe refereed the Kerry-Mayo decider in 2006.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

Also heard Val on Rte Radio 1 on Sunday evening seems to be the regular GAA pundit. Deveney from Donegal fair took the "P" out of him. Val was very proud that Cavan scored more than anyone else against Donegal. Never mentioned the fact we also conceded more (I think). For the man looking for a match report on Gaels game hard to describe what an absolute cruise it was for them. Kingscourt never laid a hand on them really and apart from Young Dillion, Wakely and maybe two others this was a no contest. Barry Reilly very anonymous.  So read this on that basis ....

http://www.gaeliclife.com/2011/08/22/barry-reilly-says-cavan-should-have-beaten-donegal/