Sigerson/Fitzgibbon draws 2013

Started by theticklemister, December 12, 2012, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Hound on February 08, 2013, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: Orchardman on February 08, 2013, 12:15:08 AM
Simple points i made, far from a star studded team. Some lads creaming themselves about the talent on show at this DCU place.

Of course they have huge strength in depth, their a big College in Dublin, I would UCD have loads as well, but for some reason they havn't done the job for years. Fair play to sligo in their pomp, they were a small enough college who mainly had Donegal, sligo and mayo players. I don't know if they did a pile wrong as some people on here often claim.

Anyway, what is the truth about these free cars etc, is it bullshit or not. Paul flynn claims the only thing he ever got was gym membershp from DCU. He was fairly straight up about it in recent interviews, while moyna claims he turns lads away ( like murphy) and tells them to repeat leaving cert and get proper grades. So maybe they are liars? or everyone else is just talking shite?
I think I heard Flynn has free use of a car from some garage. I know Cullen used to drive round in a Citroen provided by a garage in North County Dublin, and that coincided with his time in DCU. But I'm pretty sure its nothing to do with DCU, its because of being a high profile Dublin player. And I'm sure its not only the odd Dub who gets a car dealer to sponsor them in this way.

Its not just the Dublin players, Seanie Johnston was driving a citreon after DCU won their first Sigerson in 07. Mortimer and a host of other non Dublin players were driving Citreon's aswell

anglocelt39

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 08, 2013, 03:07:59 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 08, 2013, 10:09:11 AM
Quote from: Orchardman on February 08, 2013, 12:15:08 AM
Simple points i made, far from a star studded team. Some lads creaming themselves about the talent on show at this DCU place.

Of course they have huge strength in depth, their a big College in Dublin, I would UCD have loads as well, but for some reason they havn't done the job for years. Fair play to sligo in their pomp, they were a small enough college who mainly had Donegal, sligo and mayo players. I don't know if they did a pile wrong as some people on here often claim.

Anyway, what is the truth about these free cars etc, is it bullshit or not. Paul flynn claims the only thing he ever got was gym membershp from DCU. He was fairly straight up about it in recent interviews, while moyna claims he turns lads away ( like murphy) and tells them to repeat leaving cert and get proper grades. So maybe they are liars? or everyone else is just talking shite?
I think I heard Flynn has free use of a car from some garage. I know Cullen used to drive round in a Citroen provided by a garage in North County Dublin, and that coincided with his time in DCU. But I'm pretty sure its nothing to do with DCU, its because of being a high profile Dublin player. And I'm sure its not only the odd Dub who gets a car dealer to sponsor them in this way.

Its not just the Dublin players, Seanie Johnston was driving a citreon after DCU won their first Sigerson in 07. Mortimer and a host of other non Dublin players were driving Citreon's aswell

Jaysus careful there Rodders that sort of stuff could end up in next week Celt. :o
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Orchardman

Quote from: ross4life on February 08, 2013, 12:21:32 AM
Orchardman i wasn't agreeing with CK more picking holes in his exaggerating post. Of course UUJ and Queens had stronger line ups even DCU themselves had stronger team other years but some still think all the best players are playing for them. As Rodney pointed out DIT,UCD have plenty of good players and looks like most of students today are choosing Dublin colleges probably because most of the jobs are also there.

sorry ross4life, i wasnt getting a dig at you, i just used ur post as it included the team line up.
I know that DCU also had a star studded team around the 2006 win i think. Seanie johnston, mort, cluxton, cullen, think clerkin and lennon were also there and they were well established in a good monaghan team at the time. Wsn't there a scandal around that time when they were caught with 3 or 4 lads pretending to do part time masters? Think it was dessie dolan, some guy from wexford and the wee munnelly fella from laois.

Just to clarify about all this, im not stating that any of these 'star studded' team are any better, just that they had much more proper established names. Of course, if ur only 19 or 20 thats unlikely to be the case, and im sure many of these DCU lads will go on to become good players

Blowitupref

Today results UCC 0-13 St Mary's 1-6 DIT 2-15 NUI Maynooth 0-12. Other games on tomorrow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

our_fella

Worth doing a Cork IT and DCU double?

dont know much about cork IT tbh

Any craic

See here first-half hilites from UCC's win over St Mary's yesterday in Ballykelly. Video will follow on the same HEGAA youtube channel from DCU v UCD and AIT v CIT on Thursday 14th -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-h69EP1kMA

Syferus

Big blow for AIT's hopes of making their own shindig with Cathal Shine out with a broken bone in his hand. The Carlow IT game could go either way now.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2013, 03:04:05 AM
Big blow for AIT's hopes of making their own shindig with Cathal Shine out with a broken bone in his hand. The Carlow IT game could go either way now.

Cork IT. Athlone beat Carlow the last day.

Any craic

See Michael Murphy's fabulous point for DCU v UCD today in the Irish Daily Mail Sigerson Cup, on Higher Education's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/HEGAATV

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Any craic on February 14, 2013, 04:22:57 PM
See Michael Murphy's fabulous point for DCU v UCD today in the Irish Daily Mail Sigerson Cup, on Higher Education's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/HEGAATV

Nice finish although he didn't chip it over his marker first like people were saying on Twitter. Looked like he went to dummy solo the ball thinking he might get blocked and slightly overcooked it.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 14, 2013, 05:41:49 PM

Nice finish although he didn't chip it over his marker first like people were saying on Twitter. Looked like he went to dummy solo the ball thinking he might get blocked and slightly overcooked it.

isn't his marker Dublin's Rory O'Carroll?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 14, 2013, 05:59:32 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 14, 2013, 05:41:49 PM

isn't his marker Dublin's Rory O'Carroll?

Yeah its Rory O 'Carroll, expected a lot more from UCD. Dcu were without the Ballymun lads, James McCarthy, Dean Rock and Davy Byrne and still won well.

Michael Murphy is in awseome form so far this year with College and County.

Keane

Live updates from tonight's match here if anyone's interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/scores/

Captain Obvious

7-1 at half time a strong wind or something?

theticklemister