NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

This was a game that Roscommon could have lost heavily and like mentioned at the top of this report could even have won. However, the bottom line is that too many scores were given away and with the in form Antrim coming to Hyde Park next Sunday.
Roscommon will have to be at their best if they are to get their first points of the 2010 national league campaign and avoid the dreaded drop to division four of the league. This game on Sunday now has the element of knock out about it

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

rossie mad

7/4 two days ago the last time i looked.
Going out to 9/4 is a possibility by the time the match starts.

wont be heading up which is a pity as i think we might just sneak this.
Roscommon are always dangerous when least is expected of them and at home they will be a different proposition than the cavan game.

We held offaly to three point the whole of the 2nd half and if we can get the midfiel motoring we have a chance.
Antrim though are flying high at the moment and will be a very difficult propostion.
Roscommon by 1.

haranguerer

No disrespect, but I think you're mad. Home advantage is very important, but Antrim top the table for good reason. One of those one point defeats was versus Fermanagh, who went on to play a lot better against Antrim, but still got beat by double scores. Everyone is dangerous when the least is expected of them, but I think the bookies have it right on this one.

As for ourselves v louth, like rossie, I'm clinging onto home advantage, and lack of expectations. I fully understand, and couldnt disagree with him, if he were to similarly diss our chances this weekend as I have theirs, for at best I dont know what way it'll go, at worst, I've a fair idea...

Minder

Roscommon are 13/8 with Paddy Power
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

rossie mad

Quote from: haranguerer on March 12, 2010, 11:13:27 AM
No disrespect, but I think you're mad. Home advantage is very important, but Antrim top the table for good reason. One of those one point defeats was versus Fermanagh, who went on to play a lot better against Antrim, but still got beat by double scores. Everyone is dangerous when the least is expected of them, but I think the bookies have it right on this one.

As for ourselves v louth, like rossie, I'm clinging onto home advantage, and lack of expectations. I fully understand, and couldnt disagree with him, if he were to similarly diss our chances this weekend as I have theirs, for at best I dont know what way it'll go, at worst, I've a fair idea...

No disrespect taken.Its called the rossie optimism which has become more prevalent in the last ten years with shots in the arm every so often just to keep the optimism dangling and the beleif in a ticofaidh ar la moment just around the corner.
My tiocfaidh ar la moment would be to beat mayo by ten points in the hyde in a connacht final however for now im sticking to the hope that we beat antrim by a point on sunday.

Quote from: Minder on March 12, 2010, 11:38:42 AM
Roscommon are 13/8 with Paddy Power

that price must have come down when i put a score double on them and duinguib ;)

haranguerer

Know all about optimism for no good reason rossie!  :D

Actually starting to feel a bit of it for this weekend - few players back, red card in with a chance of being rescinded,home advantage - we're not easily beat there, no matter what way we're playing, as rossie can testify  :P, no expectatations.
Dunno about saying bet on us, but will say be cautious if you're betting on Louth...

heineken_on_tap

Good man Rossie Mad, I'd say you could be waiting a while yet for a 10 point victory over Mayo but sure we will come good yet :)

I don't know much about this Antrim team to be honest but they are obviously a team on the rise. I have seen nothing this year to have any optimism going into this one but if there is any fascinating thing about the Rossies is that you never quiet know what your going to get from them. A good end to the league would be invaluable for confidence within the team so hopefully it will start on Sunday.

Will Antrim bring many supporters to the hyde?

boro

How are Cavan set for the Wexford game lads? We have a few injuries up front and the bench is fairly threadbare at the minute so I wouldn't be overly confident. Still we've  had two good results on the trot now so hopefully the lads can keep up th momentum and get a result up north. A win would put us in good sted for promotion, while losing would put us right back in the dogfight.

Lookin at the other games from a Wexford perspective i'd be hoping for Sigo, Fermanagh and the Rossies to win.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boro on March 12, 2010, 01:59:07 PM
How are Cavan set for the Wexford game lads? We have a few injuries up front and the bench is fairly threadbare at the minute so I wouldn't be overly confident. Still we've  had two good results on the trot now so hopefully the lads can keep up th momentum and get a result up north. A win would put us in good sted for promotion, while losing would put us right back in the dogfight.

Lookin at the other games from a Wexford perspective i'd be hoping for Sigo, Fermanagh and the Rossies to win.

In short, not great!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ExiledGael

Quote from: haranguerer on March 12, 2010, 01:33:20 PM
Know all about optimism for no good reason rossie!  :D

Actually starting to feel a bit of it for this weekend - few players back, red card in with a chance of being rescinded

Red card not rescinded. Balls.

ross4life

Antrim are a perfect example to the other Teams in this Division!

this time last year Antrim were a Division 4 team that hadn't won a championship game for 6 years but they beat the odds & got themselves to a ulster final & were unlucky v kerry

& now they find themselves on their way to Division 2 & one of the best teams in the Ulster ...... fair play to them
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ExiledGael

Thery're not just a flash in the pan though, this group of players have been developing for a while. They have numerous players who've been outstanding at Sigerson level for years and the St Gall's boys have proven themselves against the best many times, especially in the 7s.
As much as it's down to attitude, belief, discipline and organisation, they've a group of seriously talented players there.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2010, 05:37:49 PM

& now they find themselves on their way to Division 2 & one of the best teams in the Ulster ...... fair play to them

Indeed but the odd loss will be good for them for tis always said you learn more when you lose!! A loss on Sunday would do them the world of good in the long term! :)

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Tatler Jack on March 12, 2010, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2010, 05:37:49 PM

Indeed but the odd loss will be good for them for tis always said you learn more when you lose!! A loss on Sunday would do them the world of good in the long term! :)
:D I hope not! Won't be an easy game so hopefully our lads aren't complacent. Would have preferred a Saturday evening game but hopefully we'll do the business Sunday. If we do, then 1 more win should be enough. Lot of its and buts though!