The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2021, 07:29:51 PM
Has Liverpool changed their training regime? The injuries they are picking up can't be that unlucky

Somethings up, no way should we be getting that many injuries
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Captain Obvious

Was never a better chance for Everton to end that Derby hoodoo. As for Liverpool at least the Champions league is still there to win.

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 20, 2021, 07:36:32 PM
Was never a better chance for Everton to end that Derby hoodoo. As for Liverpool at least the Champions league is still there to win.

There is not a hope in hell of Liverpool winning the Champions League on their current form (with Henderson now out for a spell too).

I wouldn't even be confident yet of them seeing through their current tie, despite the two goal lead Leipzig have gifted them.

And there's a hell of a lot better out there than Leipzig.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Godsown

Is VVD still injured ? It wasn't mentioned on SKY tonight's. Well not much just maybe 10/15 times ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Godsown on February 20, 2021, 09:07:22 PM
Is VVD still injured ? It wasn't mentioned on SKY tonight's. Well not much just maybe 10/15 times ?

I'm afraid you'll have to direct that complaint to Sky Sports, nothing to do with Liverpool FC.

Godsown

Thanks, will do. But this thread is directly run by LFC OK?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Godsown on February 20, 2021, 09:57:11 PM

Well it's not ran by Sky Sports? Unless I missed the memo!

Armamike

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 20, 2021, 10:43:18 PM

The only positive out of that game is that the legbreakers fc didn't manage to mow down any more Liverpool players tonight.  You see guys, you can actually beat Liverpool by sticking to the football.

Liverpool have been in a tailspin for weeks now.  Seems the only thing now is to get to the end of the season and regroup.  The group have taken too many hits this season, with Henderson being another addition to the list.  The problem with Liverpool's injuries is the longevity of them.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Taylor

Quote from: Armamike on February 20, 2021, 11:21:36 PM

The only positive out of that game is that the legbreakers fc didn't manage to mow down any more Liverpool players tonight.  You see guys, you can actually beat Liverpool by sticking to the football.

Liverpool have been in a tailspin for weeks now.  Seems the only thing now is to get to the end of the season and regroup.  The group have taken too many hits this season, with Henderson being another addition to the list.  The problem with Liverpool's injuries is the longevity of them.

I would disagree and say the issue is that Klopp didnt build a squad.

Granted the high volume of injuries hurt but any replacements wouldnt be close to starting for any other top 8 side

From the Bunker

Quote from: Taylor on February 21, 2021, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: Armamike on February 20, 2021, 11:21:36 PM

I would disagree and say the issue is that Klopp didnt build a squad.

Granted the high volume of injuries hurt but any replacements wouldnt be close to starting for any other top 8 side

To be fair, there was just enough cover in most positions. The problem is when you have a Tsunami of injuries in a specific area of the pitch and you are losing one of the best players in the world in that position. You are going to be in trouble.

Filling this gap with a short term fix is not easy. Quality center half are not plentiful, are not cheap and are not going to go to a club where there are 3 other CH's waiting to come back and take your first team position.

Jeepers Creepers

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 21, 2021, 02:49:15 PM
Every team needs a John O'Shea!

Or a James Milner to fill gaps when you have injuries. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 21, 2021, 03:01:41 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 21, 2021, 02:49:15 PM
Every team needs a John O'Shea!

Or a James Milner to fill gaps when you have injuries.

Agreed on both players. Grunts, win ball and give it to the 'players' they know their expectations and work on their strengths. The Neville brothers managed that also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea