Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Yeah I was looking through twitter this morning again and a few posts have been deleted since last night including one from an Irish News reporter. Though I see from that companies house link that Barry resigned a few years back but maybe its just coincidental Carl resigning too.

It wouldn't be the worse move for Frampton if it did turn out to be true. He is at a crossroads in his career and at this stage he is fighting in meaningless fights like this guy he was due to fight at the weekend. Surely he can't be happy with this?

BennyHarp

Looks like there'll be no re-match with AJ. He'll still go down as one of the greats. An 11 year wining streak is mightily impressive, however, for some reason, I was never massively convinced by him. Perhaps if was how himself and his brother  seemed to suck the life out of the whole heavyweight division.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10971853/wladimir-klitschko-announces-retirement-from-boxing
That was never a square ball!!

Taylor

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2017, 02:14:04 PM
Looks like there'll be no re-match with AJ. He'll still go down as one of the greats. An 11 year wining streak is mightily impressive, however, for some reason, I was never massively convinced by him. Perhaps if was how himself and his brother  seemed to suck the life out of the whole heavyweight division.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10971853/wladimir-klitschko-announces-retirement-from-boxing

They were so dominant Benny it meant all of their fights were boring and the public lost interest in the HW division.
AJ is different in that he leaves himself open to get hit more often than not = more excitement for public

nrico2006

Quote from: Taylor on August 03, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2017, 02:14:04 PM

They were so dominant Benny it meant all of their fights were boring and the public lost interest in the HW division.
AJ is different in that he leaves himself open to get hit more often than not = more excitement for public

Wlad will go down as an all time great and he will go out with as much respect as anyone could following a knock-out defeat.  His size and reach advantages enabled him to beat all challengers over the past decade and a bit but I always believed he would be found out when those advantages were negated.  Still, hard not to admire the way he has carried himself and represented the sport.  The brother was better though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Amir Khan letting rip on Twitter about AJ banging his missus.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

So why shouldn't AJ bang his missus? Isn't that what marriage is all about?

Taylor

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 04, 2017, 02:27:36 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

So why shouldn't AJ bang his missus? Isn't that what marriage is all about?

Sure is......if it was his own Mrs and not Khans

Boycey

His missus tweets are much more entertaining

Taylor

She is fairly letting rip now.

He should have kept his mouth shut.  :-X

square_ball

Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2017, 03:29:37 PM
She is fairly letting rip now.

He should have kept his mouth shut.  :-X

Good entertainment here. According to his 'wife' he is in Dubai with a prostitute!

Gabriel_Hurl

Joshua is denying everything

Taylor

AJ says he goes for BBW so she is out.

Khan looking a bigger tool than normal - if that is even possible?

Walter Cronc

Great entertainment!!

Khan cant get enough stick imo.

Sandino

Crazy stuff, Twitter is just  very instant and public for this craic! No way back.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

BennyHarp

This must be a hack on his account!
That was never a square ball!!