Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7396378 times)

Uncle Phil

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #58380 on: September 14, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »
Moran said Enda was big eared on a night out. Fall out stemmed from there.

Nothing to do with 93 or Mickey being shackled to his hometown club like a slave.

Hahaha brilliant. I actually hope this is true. Let's see who argues with this one? "Nawh lads, he actually said Enda had a big nose and could smoke a cigar in the shower"

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #58381 on: September 14, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »
By your own admission, they weren't facts?! Can you not even remember what you posted?  40 years of bitterness is not good for your health or memory.  Do you not want to be still around when Glen wins the Senior Championship for the first time?  But please stop your character assassination of Mickey Moran, a gentleman both on and off the football pitch.
Dear God, you are thick? The only 'fact' that was incorrect was the number of players who didn't play. 21 players instead of 20 as originally stated. Me bad! If you interpret that as me stating that I can't remember what I posted then...well, what can I say. You might have had an argument if I could only have named say15 or 16, but when there were actually more...

Once you bring god into the discussion, you always admit defeat. Thanks. There is no god, you probably are a former teacher who may even still believe in santa, probably attend mass regularly and can name 21 saints. But speaking on behalf of 21 AI winners is indeed a miracle.

Very weird application of logic there Restore, smacks of desperation to me. Let's try to stick to the facts, that doesn't seem to be sinking in with you. You asked me to name them. I did.  They didn't play for Moran after the sacking. I'm not claiming to speak on their behalf. Which bit do you not get?

greenlight

• View Profile
« Reply #58382 on: September 14, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »
Parochial .... You can make that arguement if you want. Ask the rest of Maghera what they think.  For a more diverse opinion try some of the 93 team from other clubs. Ask them about integrity and loyalty. Ask them about Moran the CB man and his role in the Coleman sacking. Ask them about his ego and jealousy. Gormley has principles, that why he didn't shake hands. He is the one with integrity.

Mickey Moran is very entitled to not manage Glen. Has he not given enough to Glen, and Derry, over the years for people to grant him enough respect that he can live his life however he pleases? Or do you feel you're in a better position to pass judgement? At least Mickey walked away without a broken ankle and cuts to his face.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #58383 on: September 14, 2017, 05:59:15 PM »
Parochial .... You can make that arguement if you want. Ask the rest of Maghera what they think.  For a more diverse opinion try some of the 93 team from other clubs. Ask them about integrity and loyalty. Ask them about Moran the CB man and his role in the Coleman sacking. Ask them about his ego and jealousy. Gormley has principles, that why he didn't shake hands. He is the one with integrity.

Mickey Moran is very entitled to not manage Glen. Has he not given enough to Glen, and Derry, over the years for people to grant him enough respect that he can live his life however he pleases? Or do you feel you're in a better position to pass judgement? At least Mickey walked away without a broken ankle and cuts to his face.

You're correct, he's probably managed loads of Glen teams.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #58384 on: September 14, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »

You're correct, he's probably managed loads of Glen teams.

Loads Lenny.... let's break that down shall we? When the manager went on holidays for two weeks in the late eighties, Mickey and Seamus heffron stepped in as joint player managers for that period. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago he was part of a management quartet that included his son and two cousins.then, as mentioned previously, he was part of a 6 or 7 man management team that stepped in for the final 3 to 4 games of the season. That was 5 years ago. He's never actually put his name forward at the start of the year to manage our seniors.

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #58385 on: September 14, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »

Or maybe green man, he claimed live on rte radio that his brother was in the Wooly face club.

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58386 on: September 14, 2017, 07:52:44 PM »
Man lads day buck, make up; youse are ruining the GAA in the county. The city is laughing at you.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login