The Haas Talks

Started by Orior, September 20, 2013, 11:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Ah, they claimed it...

I'm not sure that makes it a fact!!

They will no doubt lose votes somewhere but I would doubt it will be to those guys. The question is where to though. They have got rid of the alliance party anyway with their stirring up of the whole flag thing.

Over the Bar

QuoteAh, they claimed it...

No, Jamie cwaimed it!

Applesisapples

There really is no talking to Unionists, they just don't get this whole notion of parity and equality. I even heard one elected representative from the DUP compare the nationalist community here to ethnic minorities in post war Europe. Says it all.

lawnseed

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 06, 2014, 04:16:04 PM
There really is no talking to Unionists, they just don't get this whole notion of parity and equality. I even heard one elected representative from the DUP compare the nationalist community here to ethnic minorities in post war Europe. Says it all.
+1 they just dont get it
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

imtommygunn

So they talked to Fraser but not Bryson.

I don't know which is worse...

armaghniac

Quote from: lawnseed on January 07, 2014, 08:52:20 AM
+1 they just dont get it

This is too easy to say. They fully understand the concept and will invoke it parts where there are in a minority. But they won the Battle of Boyne and so croppies should lie down so they have no use for the concept.

I suspect there must be some moderate unionist opinion that has no great love of marches etc who might think the Haas proposals have merit and who will now find NI21 a better home than the DUP-lite UU.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2014, 08:56:06 AM
So they talked to Fraser but not Bryson.

I don't know which is worse...
Talking to wullie now? When baby oil berry got dumped for getting a massage. Wullie tried to get a dup thumbs up. Big ian dismissed him as a looney bin and now the dup are seeking his "input". Crazy stuff obvious the fleg brigade handful of votes are more important to robbo than the votes of those catholic unnionists he talked about or he'd make a call

muppet

Could you put up a link to that? A quote like that is dynamite.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Is Mike Nesbitt the worst UUP leader in history?

orangeman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2014, 10:23:49 AM

He should have stuck to presenting the news.

Applesisapples

Quote from: muppet on January 07, 2014, 10:04:58 AM

Could you put up a link to that? A quote like that is dynamite.
It was on Radio Ulster I can't remember exactly who it was, I don't want to name him in case I get it wrong. He was speaking around the Flags issue and the tricolour. He basically said that the European Convention on Human rights gauranteed the rights of all minorities trapped within the boundaries of another state, but didn't give their national flag any special status. He mentioned Russians in the Baltic states as and example He said a bit more but I for one resent being referred to an ethnic minority within my own land. If you were to apply that logic then surely the descendants of the planters are the ethnic minority that equate to said Russians.

Applesisapples

Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2014, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2014, 10:23:49 AM

He should have stuck to presenting the news.
A total tit, as a politician you should never state absolutes that can be quoted back at you. He has no more control over the UUP than Trimble or Empey had.

lawnseed

Nesbitt is no worse than the dick they had before