Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

Quote from: OgraAnDun on August 18, 2022, 08:39:23 AM
Quote from: downtothecore on August 17, 2022, 09:44:53 PM
Burren big favourites for the championship now after that performance. Kilcoo have fallen backwards

Nothing more than a bit of shadow boxing last night.
So JJ's punch was shadow boxing?I despair for some of the
clowns like you OgraAnDun on this Board.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: wobbller on August 18, 2022, 08:49:57 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on August 18, 2022, 08:39:23 AM
Quote from: downtothecore on August 17, 2022, 09:44:53 PM
Burren big favourites for the championship now after that performance. Kilcoo have fallen backwards

Nothing more than a bit of shadow boxing last night.
So JJ's punch was shadow boxing?I despair for some of the
clowns like you OgraAnDun on this Board.

The result of the match, not the actual fracas. You can't say Kilcoo have fallen backwards nor that Burren are favourites for the championship based on a league game. 

Truth hurts

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 18, 2022, 08:08:01 AM
The thuggery has to stop
Number 15 tye eye gauger needs a 48 week suspension after last night
Kilcoo Down Devlin and the Johnstone's are a very beatable team
Anyone else think those 3 are not the lads that make this Kilcoo team are mad
Can the people callling for the brannigans to play county football please now let it go. They are no where near that level as showed last night
Well done to Burren Longstone and Drumgath
Now the real stuff begins

The thuggery will never stop until the CCC comes down heavy on the clubs and the appeals are upheld. If those cowardice actions took place on main street in Newcastle on a Saturday night the perpetrators would be up in front of a judge in English street , Downpatrick on Monday morning. But because its Burren and Kilcoo they will get away with it... again. I have said it on this forum before and will say it again, that we are going to have a fatal injury on the field soon because of the actions of our players who are built like shithouses running around throwing digs like John Cena.

But Kilcoo were missing a few and they may get a championship this year but Burren are coming and they will take over.

Brick Tamlin

Players built like shit houses and throwing digs like John Cena

Melodramatic to say the least.
I dont see too many fellas on either side built like shit houses to be fair.
More like wee skinny hard men ( with lovely tans might i add). A field full of little carl framptons.
There isnt a man amongst them go toe to toe without the backing of their buddies.

These two teams (and clubs) despise each other and thats the way its gonna be for a long time. Well until Burren take their silver spoons out of their holes, and get the better of Kilcoo when it matters. like a previous poster put it, this game was shadow boxing.

Lloyd p

Can Carryduff still be relegated? How would that work if they've beaten Downpatrick twice?

SticksandStones

Swept under the carpet with Minimum bans and sanctions after appeals. The top teams can do what they want

SamFever

Quote from: Lloyd p on August 18, 2022, 09:24:31 AM
Can Carryduff still be relegated? How would that work if they've beaten Downpatrick twice?
Have a look at the league table and think.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: SticksandStones on August 18, 2022, 09:43:46 AM
Swept under the carpet with Minimum bans and sanctions after appeals. The top teams can do what they want

We can hope that finally the county board will back the match day officials and actually uphold the bans/suspensions, but in reality these clubs don't want to abide by the same rules as the rest, and until their own club leaders start sending a message to their players that they should never resort to this dirt just because they are losing a football match, we'll get appeals and overturned bans every year.

Lloyd p

Quote from: SamFever on August 18, 2022, 10:17:33 AM
Quote from: Lloyd p on August 18, 2022, 09:24:31 AM
Have a look at the league table and think.
Or maybe if you know the answer just answer the question and don't be a smart arse?

terrifictommy

I thought if two teams finish on equal points then the head to head is in play. If more than 2 teams end up on the same points it's goes on score difference. Based on that and current league standings then if Duff lose and the 3 below all win then yes Diff could go down?

Nanderson

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 18, 2022, 10:43:07 AM
I thought if two teams finish on equal points then the head to head is in play. If more than 2 teams end up on the same points it's goes on score difference. Based on that and current league standings then if Duff lose and the 3 below all win then yes Diff could go down?
If that happened carryduff stay up on head to head

stiff breeze

Both teams at it last night . No innocent parties . It's a very toxic atmosphere at them games

terrifictommy

Sorry I misread that, Carryduff have beaten DP twice so C'Duff are safe now

Lloyd p

Mark mccartan said on commentary last night that carryduff could still go down which is why I asked. Must be mistaken then.

Truth hurts

Quote from: manwithnoplan on August 18, 2022, 10:25:54 AM
Quote from: SticksandStones on August 18, 2022, 09:43:46 AM

We can hope that finally the county board will back the match day officials and actually uphold the bans/suspensions, but in reality these clubs don't want to abide by the same rules as the rest, and until their own club leaders start sending a message to their players that they should never resort to this dirt just because they are losing a football match, we'll get appeals and overturned bans every year.

The players will miss the first game of next years league, the different competition rules should be altered for the last game of the league and they should carry to the championship. The punishment for a punch to the head is not enough. A few weeks ago a Clonduff player got his jaw broken, a player drinking out of a straw because some wee so-called hard man thinks he is 'Macho Man' Randy Savage.

The hierarchy of these clubs won't do anything about it and they see this part of the game, but Micheal Cusack, Davin, and the men of 1884 did not establish the association to become what we saw in Mayobridge last night. And last night was not a one-off, its commonplace nowadays in matches and its rotten, someone needs to put a stop to it.