Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 09, 2022, 11:09:00 AM
Quote from: rosskarr on February 09, 2022, 10:55:11 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 09, 2022, 10:44:52 AM
Are you serious about Pete McGrath taking Burren thirds? If this is true then we are on a slippery slope in the association than I thought we were. What is wrong with all the Burren coaches who won an array of underage titles.
Truth Hurts,
   lumpitin and johnnysboys are doing what you usually do!

I only speak facts, I'm sorry if the truth hurts

It doesn't hurt one bit.They are winding...

lumpitin

rosskarr

Quote from: lumpitin on February 09, 2022, 02:29:08 PM
Thats a bit harsh rosskarr
Rostrevor had their Ulster IFC chance a few years ago never mind an All-Ireland title.

Johnnysboys

Are you serious about Pete McGrath taking Burren thirds? If this is true then we are on a slippery slope in the association than I thought we were. What is wrong with all the Burren coaches who won an array of underage titles.
Yeah I sure am serious. No expense spared up the road!!!
ALL the burren coaches u speak off are tied up elsewhere. I'm speaking of coaches only - they are like every other club where people are there for the craic not to coach.. talking to a Burren man tonight who said - Neil Coulter won u16 paul mcgirr and minor St. Paul's was up in Killeavy but is currently with Benny in Rostrevor
Eoghan McCartan and Steven O'Hare won feile and runner up in feile are current senior coaches in Burren (along with McCrory, Adams and now Pete).
Michael magill (point man) is in Louth with a club along with big Anthony Cunningham- Stefan White won minor championship last year is at Cooley Kickams, Pat Cunningham (Ballymartin man) is with Down minors and Seàn O'Hare has quit coaching.
Despite all this - they will still field at every age group and with 2 teams at some levels - fair play to them. Unlike other clubs - everyone in burren wants to be involved - they don't mind not working with their own kids and in the last ten years they have had some amount of success at underage. Personally I still think it will be 2-3 years before they are winning senior titles again.

rosskarr

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 09, 2022, 10:44:13 PM
ALL the burren coaches u speak off are tied up elsewhere. I'm speaking of coaches only - they are like every other club where people are there for the craic not to coach.. talking to a Burren man tonight who said - Neil Coulter won u16 paul mcgirr and minor St. Paul's was up in Killeavy but is currently with Benny in Rostrevor
Eoghan McCartan and Steven O'Hare won feile and runner up in feile are current senior coaches in Burren (along with McCrory, Adams and now Pete).
Michael magill (point man) is in Louth with a club along with big Anthony Cunningham- Stefan White won minor championship last year is at Cooley Kickams, Pat Cunningham (Ballymartin man) is with Down minors and Seàn O'Hare has quit coaching.
Despite all this - they will still field at every age group and with 2 teams at some levels - fair play to them. Unlike other clubs - everyone in burren wants to be involved - they don't mind not working with their own kids and in the last ten years they have had some amount of success at underage. Personally I still think it will be 2-3 years before they are winning senior titles again.
You're well versed on all things Burren.Any other gossip?

Truth hurts

they should be ashamed, where will all this stop. Soon they will be employing Jim McGuiness to coach their u12 team. Real Burren people must be embarrassed, not the blow ins from the Point.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 10, 2022, 08:42:36 AM

they should be ashamed, where will all this stop. Soon they will be employing Jim McGuiness to coach their u12 team. Real Burren people must be embarrassed, not the blow ins from the Point.

It's an open secret that Jim Gavin has that role sealed up next year.

Johnnysboys

[/quote]
[/quote]

Aye have good few friends from there so just asked the question!! Some players disgusted at the Pete thing to be fair - they loved the setup last year and wanted it to continue.

@truth hurts With the amount of underage stuff they are winning - I really hope their u12 don't get McGuinness as manager!!!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 10, 2022, 12:59:29 PM

[/quote]

Aye have good few friends from there so just asked the question!! Some players disgusted at the Pete thing to be fair - they loved the setup last year and wanted it to continue.

@truth hurts With the amount of underage stuff they are winning - I really hope their u12 don't get McGuinness as manager!!!!
[/quote]

They could not face another year of failing at thirds level. Pete could be the man to get them to the promised land and bring the Father Davies to Burren as its been years since they have tasted that success  ;D

Johnnysboys I do not think they will be as strong at underage as in previous years but they will be favourites for the minor title i think.

Johnnysboys

Bryansford, Mayobridge and Bredagh might have something to say about the minor title too. Might be a year too soon for the bridge but they won the u15 at a canter last year.. Fr Davies shield could be their lot this year in fairness!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 10, 2022, 01:45:53 PM
Bryansford, Mayobridge and Bredagh might have something to say about the minor title too. Might be a year too soon for the bridge but they won the u15 at a canter last year.. Fr Davies shield could be their lot this year in fairness!!

What's CPN underage like now?

Johnnysboys

What's CPN underage like now?
[/quote]

Not good I'm afraid. We will probably have no teams in all county this year unfortunately. Some good individuals on teams but no collective outstanding teams. With a major overhaul of our senior team in the next 5 years to replace players on wrong side of 30 - we could struggle for a bit again.

snoopdog

Anyone know if premium level tickets are available for Sat. Want to go to hurling also and then warm up before the football. I'd say it will be freezing. 2 games in a row this time of year is a cold ask.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 08, 2022, 08:44:48 AM

Division One               Division Two         Division Three         Division Four                  
12 Teams               10 Teams         12 Teams         9 Teams                  
Cumann Pheadair Naofa               Longstone         Shamrocks         Kilclief Ben Dearg GAC                  
Clonduff GAC               Glenn         Ballymartin         Dundrum GAC                  
Mayobridge               AN Riocht         Tullylish         Ardglass                  
Burren GAC               Darragh Cross         Drumgath         East Belfast                  
Carryduff               Bredagh         Atticall         St Colman's Drumaness                  
Kilcoo               Saul         Aughlisnafin         Glasdrumman                  
Ballyholland               Annaclone         St John Bosco         Aghaderg                  
Bryansford               St Johns         Clann na Banna         Mitchels                  
Rostrevor               Saval         Teconnaught         St Michael's GAC, Magheralin                  
Loughinisland               Liatroim         Bright                           
R.G.U Downpatrick                        Dromara                           
Castlewellan                        St Paul's                           

Objective is that in 2023 All Divisions will have 10 Teams, where possible.                                                    

Division One                                                   
11 Rounds  played first.         Teams Retain Points gained throughout the League                                          
After 11 Rounds the Top 4 then play for League Title playing each other Home and Away with then the Top Two meeting in League Final Total of 18 Games                                             17 plus Final      

After 11 Rounds the Remaining 8 Teams play each other an additional Seven Games with the Bottom 4 Teams being relegated Total of 18 Games                                                   

Division Two  10 Teams                                                   

18 Rounds Home and Away   The Top Two Teams are Promoted to Division One and the Bottom 4 Teams are relegated to Division Three - Total of 18 Games                                                   

Division Three  12 Teams         Teams Retain Points gained throughout the League                                          
After 11 Rounds the Top 4 then play for League Title playing each other Home and Away with then the Top Two meeting in League Final Total of 18 Games                                             Top Two Promoted      

After 11 Rounds the remaining 8 Teams play each other in an additional Seven Games with the bottom 5 Teams being relegated to Division Four A    Total of 18 Games                                                   

Division Four - Nine Teams                                                    
League Starts with a group of 5 and a Group of 4 Based on Last Years finishing position each team plays each other Home and Away, the winners of each Group are given a bye to Quarter Final of JFC.                                                   

After first Rounds then Teams retain Points gained and everyone plays 1 Round of Fixtures - Top Team is promoted to Division Three.  Total Of Games 16

This passed tonight

thewobbler

I'm really not sure why points are retained for what is in effect a separate competition. But apart from that gripe it makes for one very exciting season.