Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upandwin

Four down from Div1 will be massive. So much pressure on Division one games this year makes for a really exciting season ahead.

Who would be favourite to go down from D1? Obviously Kilcoo and Burren (and probably Clonduff) will be too strong to be relegated so that leaves nine teams fighting out for five spots.

I heard reports Rostrevor are flying with numbers and players coming back, likes of Parr and Magee back training and Benny should get a tune out of them this year. What are Castlewellan like the year? Think they were fortunate to be promoted last year going off reports they robbed the stone. RGU are a strong outfit and Carryduff similar to them. Hard one to call, could Mayobridge and The Point be dragged in to the mix? Not sure how many county men in the bridge, think it might just be Quinn but he's a massive miss for them and CPN have at least 4/5 lads with Down and could struggle if they don't hit the ground running. There'll certainly be 5 starred games by the looks of it at least.

Six Miles From Bangor

The very best of luck to Kilcoo who carry the hopes of their community and the whole of County Down into Saturday's  All-Ireland Club Football Final.#UTM

Truth hurts

Quote from: Six Miles From Bangor on February 08, 2022, 11:09:54 AM
The very best of luck to Kilcoo who carry the hopes of their community and the whole of County Down into Saturday's  All-Ireland Club Football Final.#UTM
[/q

All bar the south Down liberal elite #UTM

wobbller

Quote from: wobbller on February 03, 2022, 08:19:34 PM
Quote from: full moon on February 03, 2022, 06:19:29 PM
Down are 11/2 to win Saturday. Fairly massive price at home, are Galway that good and Down that poor?

Not a Down man but I'm not convinced they're that much of an underdog at home.
We were 5-1 last weekend and the Bookies like most of us know the Form.
Bookies correct again.Kilcoo 8/13 for Sat evening.A good price and lets hope they win and get some
of their men back for Down for the Meath match.Goalie,1-2 defenders,1 midfielder and about 3-4 forwards.

Johnnysboys

Burren do it again. Pete McGrath installed as manager of their U19/seconds/thirds squads. They must have a bottomless pit of money to pay for their current setups. Along with taking Rostrevor minors Pete won't spend much time at home in the evenings!!!

PTC

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 08, 2022, 08:10:40 PM
Burren do it again. Pete McGrath installed as manager of their U19/seconds/thirds squads. They must have a bottomless pit of money to pay for their current setups. Along with taking Rostrevor minors Pete won't spend much time at home in the evenings!!!

Poor Jim going to have Pete McGrath breathing down his neck

2badteams

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 08, 2022, 08:10:40 PM

Serious oil money that side of the Grinan

SticksandStones

Must be going for the biggest prize of them all Down GAA Premier Reserve Football Championship

Truth hurts

What in the name of good god are you all talking about?

lumpitin

Burren must have a serious amount of money, no way is pete mcgrath going to manage burren seconds thirds and 19s for nothing. Mcgrath surely gets about though

lumpitin

Rostrevor flat to the mat with training. Ill be looking for odds for the two down clubs to win the all ireland senior and intermediate next year with kilcoo and rostrevor!!! Wonder has that been done many times before with the same county?

Truth hurts

Are you serious about Pete McGrath taking Burren thirds? If this is true then we are on a slippery slope in the association than I thought we were. What is wrong with all the Burren coaches who won an array of underage titles.

Truth hurts

Quote from: lumpitin on February 09, 2022, 10:42:12 AM
Rostrevor flat to the mat with training. Ill be looking for odds for the two down clubs to win the all ireland senior and intermediate next year with kilcoo and rostrevor!!! Wonder has that been done many times before with the same county?

What do you mean flat to the matt? or are they just doing what every other club is doing in pre-season?

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on February 09, 2022, 10:44:52 AM
Are you serious about Pete McGrath taking Burren thirds? If this is true then we are on a slippery slope in the association than I thought we were. What is wrong with all the Burren coaches who won an array of underage titles.
Truth Hurts,
   lumpitin and johnnysboys are doing what you usually do!

Truth hurts

Quote from: rosskarr on February 09, 2022, 10:55:11 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 09, 2022, 10:44:52 AM
Truth Hurts,
   lumpitin and johnnysboys are doing what you usually do!

I only speak facts, I'm sorry if the truth hurts