Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

IFC

Bredagh 0-14 V 2-5 Carryduff

Any other results?

In the Onion Bag

Super result for Bredagh.  Must be nearly 20y+ since they got one over their old rivals.

DownFanatic

IFC 1st Round
Tullylish 0-18  Saul 0-08
Darragh Cross 4-09  St Johns 1-09
Ballymartin 0-14  Ardglass 1-09
Bredagh 0-14  Carryduff 2-05

Tullylish and Saul was a game of two halves. It was 0-05 each at halftime but the Lish outscored Saul 0-13 to 0-03 in the second period. Gareth Johnston was outstanding at centre half back while Chris McGovern done most of the scoring for the winners.

Massive result for Bredagh tonight.

Lecale2

No it's not! Maybe in the championship.

dundrumite

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 09, 2012, 09:47:38 PM
IFC

Bredagh 0-14 V 2-5 Carryduff

Any other results?

F@@k me,14 scores to 7, that's a rout. Bredagh Coming into hot form before our league meeting next week..

Faceinthecrowd

Bredagh as a team were very impressive this evening, 1-03 to 0-01 down after 10 minutes and 2-05 to 0-04 just before half time. Bredagh took a point just before the half-time whistle to leave 6 in it at the break. Two good goals from Carryduff was all that was made the difference as bredagh competed well in the opening half. Second half was all bredagh as they kept their division 2 rivals scoreless and notched over 9 deserved points. Bredagh won the middle third battle hands down in the second half, showing an abundance of hard work and serious pressure on the ball, Carryduff just couldn't shake free. Bredagh were very good in all departments with Niall mulholland at chf and Danny Nolan at cf very impressive. Bredagh also very impressive along the line with the right changes at the right time. Well done and a brilliant spirited performance.

here comes 6

As the senior chamionship is being run with stupid rules i think the intermidate games throw up a couple of really good knock out ties.  Yes tonight the Bredagh result to me was a big big shock, Tullylish had alot of experience going into that game. Annaclone v Glassdrumman is an interesting game with both teams fling at the top of their respective Divisions.  I,ll go for Clone (but could be close) on the basis that they seem to have a few more footballers on their team.  Another interesting game in my opinion from looking at the table and results this season is the clash of Clann na Banna v Newry Bosco again Clann na Banna wil be Favorites but both teams have game changing players on their teams and again i expect a close run outcome and both teams will fancy their chances of progressing.  Its hard to beat knock out football

Atticus_Finch

Any good place to get updates (twitter etc) on the Down games tonight ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

general

Bosco and Clann na Banna drew tonight in glenn in the Intermediate Championship.Bosco were up by 7 at half time. Banbridge threw everything at them after ht and were perhaps lucky to get the draw, chris duggan pulling the strings at FF for bosco who IMO should have taken duggan out to centre field in the second half.

Full time score was Bosco 2.10 Clann na Banna 3.07

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 09, 2012, 10:04:23 PM
No it's not! Maybe in the championship.
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 09, 2012, 09:58:13 PM
Super result for Bredagh.  Must be nearly 20y+ since they got one over their old rivals.

2 years ago in Cherryvale was in fact the last time we met, and Bredagh won, think it was by a point.  the IFC result was a great result given we were 1-3 to 0-0 down, and I think we were 6 down a ht as well. Carryduff diddnt score on the second half, too many to mention, but an excellent all round performance indeed and well done to all our boys.

Pity the Dundrum game wasnt this weekend
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DaisyCutter

Just watched the two games in Pairc Esler tonight on Destination Newry there. Must state that it was good coverage of the games so fair play to Destination Newry and all involved.

But I would say the main talking point of the evening must be about how Burren overcame Longstone by one point with the aid of some VERY dubious refereeing decisions from Marty Rawllinson from Bryansford.
Ryan Kelly had a fair goal disallowed after being fouled, but he played on and grabbed a goal with about 8 minutes left before the referee called it back for a free when the ball hit the net.
How Declan Rooney stayed on the field after 3 cynical fouls when on a yellow card is beyond me and a few other dubious decisions towards the end of game. I would be livid if I was a Stone supporter at that match!

Bridge just did enough to get over a difficult Saval side where the likes of Coulter, Garvey and Sexton struggled to have an influence on the game. Johnny Hughes had a great performance for Saval from Corner back, but they badly missed Danny Hughes for an added few scores. But IMO the Bridge will become a stronger side in the next round after getting the rustiness away after this round.

dodgy umpire

It's been said on this board countless times before but the personal abuse of referees online is a disgrace and has to stop. I am not questioning Longstone's right to feel aggrieved, but there can be no justification for the attacks being made on the referee's character via the Down GAA Facebook page etc.
The Boys in Red and Black are back

downjim

We got out of jail last night. There is no other thing to say. Our defence was exposed and we got away with countless fouling. Frank you have a lot of work to do and I think that you done too much heavy training over the past few weeks. But we are still the team to beat and it nice to win by a small margin. No one will be looking to get the Stone as they have some lethal forwards.
Saval put up a brave fight against a Bridge team that did not play to their potential but I never thought they were in any danger and they moved up a gear when they wanted to. They have 5 great young lads and Lively to come back into the squad so they are still a threat to our crown and they have shown that they have a strong squad by pulling out some great results lately in the league.  Brendan Rooney has the height and strength to be a county defender. He is not that great on the ball but he is fast and will win an individual battle.
On a final note I was disappointed in some Mayobridge fans who were openly cheering for Longstone last night and were very vociferous. Is the jealously that bad?????

Fender

Lecale, your boys chomping at the bit to stop Dundrum?

Don Johnson

Anyone know the An Riocht score?