Down U20 football championship 2013

Started by Faceinthecrowd, October 27, 2013, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirit0f91and94

Looking at today's results its not very encouraging for County selectors when so many clubs don't field.
Perhaps this FC has runs it course or needs played at a different time of the year.

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 09, 2013, 10:07:14 PM
The Bredagh v Carryduff game has been moved to Saul following an official objection from Carryduff to the use of Cherryvale.  :-\

this could have a lot wider implications than just this fixture
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Faceinthecrowd

St Paul's/Carryduff just too good for Bredagh today. St Paul's Matthew Grimley had a huge height advantage in the middle of the park and Sean McGonigle up front took some excellent scores. Despite the midfield dominance by St Paul's/Carryduff, Bredagh competed very well, turning over possession and forcing a lot of mistakes. If Bredagh had taken their chances and were more ruthless up front it would have been a different game.
Anyone know the score in the St Patricks v Rostrevor game?

Mourne man

Sounds like  you bredagh boys have a chip on your shoulder!! If that Carryduff team is an amalgamation because they let two players play from another club play. what would we call your senior teams who are made up of players from every corner of the country!!!

Square Ball

Quote from: Mourne man on November 10, 2013, 07:17:41 PM
Sounds like  you bredagh boys have a chip on your shoulder!! If that Carryduff team is an amalgamation because they let two players play from another club play. what would we call your senior teams who are made up of players from every corner of the country!!!
Pop quiz mourn man, what corners are they from? So if a gaa member moves from the country to the city or visa versa they shouldn't be allowed to play?

johnneycool

Quote from: east down gael on November 09, 2013, 10:57:05 PM
Point taken,I'm sure bredagh not having their own pitch discussion has been done to death.

I'd say its a little bit different buying 4 or 5 acres of ground in the greater Belfast area than off the local farmer, maybe give Peter Robinson a ring, he could help.

I presume the objection was based on a lack of perimeter fence, which in all honesty will only keep a civil person out, a lunatic will still mount the standard 3' fence around most club pitches.

outinfront

Out of 15 starting positions in this year's Championship team, 14 of them were occupied by fellas born in Bredagh area who all played for the club at underage level and for local schools. 

Corner Forward

Quote from: outinfront on November 11, 2013, 12:04:24 PM
Out of 15 starting positions in this year's Championship team, 14 of them were occupied by fellas born in Bredagh area who all played for the club at underage level and for local schools. 

Does Bredagh have a defined 'area'? not having ago genuinely interested. Always wondered when i was a student living in belfast was there any restrictions to whom i could join?

how many of them boys are part of the senior panel/will be?Bredagh seemed to have been strong at underage down through the years but havent been able to translate that into success at senior level.

Mourne man

Squareball your senior teams are littered with outsiders one example I'll give is Niall Mullholland a native from Teconaught ill not bother mentioning how many imports you have representing your senior ladies and hurling team!!!

outinfront

Well to stand up for my team, the majority of the footballers are locals originally from Bredagh. 

Bredagh Area is basically from Ormeau Bridge, Rosetta to Four Winds.

Square Ball

Quote from: Mourne man on November 11, 2013, 02:35:47 PM
Squareball your senior teams are littered with outsiders one example I'll give is Niall Mullholland a native from Teconaught ill not bother mentioning how many imports you have representing your senior ladies and hurling team!!!
Answer my question please.

Mourne man

Of course they should be allowed to play! I never said they shouldn't ! My point is that if I was to take your line if thought then bredagh are an amalgamation!!!

Faceinthecrowd

Semi-final games

Sunday 17th at 11.30am

'A' championship
Burren v St Paul's/Carryduff @ Clonduff
CPN v Rostrevor @ An Riocht

'B' championship
Bryansford v Bredagh @ Downpatrick
Clonduff v St Patricks @ Laitroim

outinfront

Am I missing something here? Where's this chat about amalgamations? Confused

Square Ball

How in under god can bredagh be classed as an amalgamation in your eyes? The St Pauls players were still registered to their own club thus an amalgamated team.