Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

2-12 (18) last Saturday was the biggest score a Horan side has conceded in MacHale Park in the championship and his first defeat in Connacht i think its fair to say Connacht has become a bit more competitive from the provincial championship he left in 2014.

2-7 (13) from play Roscommon scored in comparison Galway in the last 3 years in the Connacht championship scored 1-9, 0-7 and 1-9 from play v Mayo and two of those games was against 14 men. Galway of course play very different to Roscommon as they look break even in midfield and have a big focus on holding a team to a low score.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

No panic , not looking for horans head but there is no denying he had a bad game .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ck

Quote from: larryin89 on May 27, 2019, 01:37:19 PM
No panic , not looking for horans head but there is no denying he had a bad game .

Best thing that happened Horan. Expectation will drop, he'll get a run of games together in low pressure environment and will be there in super 8's and shake up beyond. Only a fool would rule out Mayo despite Rossie game.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ck on May 27, 2019, 01:50:44 PM

Best thing that happened Horan. Expectation will drop, he'll get a run of games together in low pressure environment and will be there in super 8's and shake up beyond. Only a fool would rule out Mayo despite Rossie game.

If Mayo are to reach the last eight (i think they will) they will have to play 5 games in 5 weeks. 3 qualifiers and round 1 and 2 of the super 8s. With that in mind the best thing that could have happened for Horan was getting to the last eight via the front door and where the Connacht winner has a 4 week break before the All Ireland series starts.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 27, 2019, 02:03:19 PM

If Mayo are to reach the last eight (i think they will) they will have to play 5 games in 5 weeks. 3 qualifiers and round 1 and 2 of the super 8s. With that in mind the best thing that could have happened for Horan was getting to the last eight via the front door and where the Connacht winner has a 4 week break before the All Ireland series starts.

We'll be ok. Horan has added to the panel this year. We have the strongest squad we've had in years. They will be well able to cope with the fixture congestion.

Tubberman

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 27, 2019, 02:10:44 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 27, 2019, 02:03:19 PM

We'll be ok. Horan has added to the panel this year. We have the strongest squad we've had in years. They will be well able to cope with the fixture congestion.

We should have been well able to cope with Roscommon too, but that didn't happen.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

omagh_gael

What's the age profile of the Mayo team these days?

Randy

Something that is bothering me is that there appears to be very little interaction with his selectors during the game. Another thing is that some of the fundamentals appear to have been completely over looked i.e not having identified free takers in advance instead of the nonsense we seen with O'Connor taking the ball off Loftus and giving it to MacLoughin. He also did not use his allocation of subs. Maybe there was no one better to put on but jeez you would think fresh legs at the end would have helped.

rosnarun

Quote from: Randy on May 27, 2019, 02:31:35 PM

Something that is bothering me is that there appears to be very little interaction with his selectors during the game. Another thing is that some of the fundamentals appear to have been completely over looked i.e not having identified free takers in advance instead of the nonsense we seen with O'Connor taking the ball off Loftus and giving it to MacLoughin. He also did not use his allocation of subs. Maybe there was no one better to put on but jeez you would think fresh legs at the end would have helped.

if its fools your looking for this is just the place w, we have an abundance of them here.

tere was no confusion over the free Diarmid as Captain made a call that McLaughlin would take it from the right had side . if it had gone over it woulf have been an example of great leadership . but it didn't and thems the breaks 
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Randy

Quote from: rosnarun on May 27, 2019, 02:38:40 PM
Quote from: Randy on May 27, 2019, 02:31:35 PM

if its fools your looking for this is just the place w, we have an abundance of them here.

tere was no confusion over the free Diarmid as Captain made a call that McLaughlin would take it from the right had side . if it had gone over it woulf have been an example of great leadership . but it didn't and thems the breaks

I thought there was confusion over the free when lLftus went over to take it. The point i was making was that i thought there would be no confusion because details like that would be worked out in advance?

highorlow

QuoteI thought there was confusion over the free when lLftus went over to take it. The point i was making was that i thought there would be no confusion because details like that would be worked out in advance?

The only confusion over a 30 yard free is how an inter county player misses the thing. FFS from under 10's on you are told to aim for the far post. He missed it on the near post. f**king cat.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on May 27, 2019, 03:17:25 PM
QuoteI thought there was confusion over the free when lLftus went over to take it. The point i was making was that i thought there would be no confusion because details like that would be worked out in advance?

The only confusion over a 30 yard free is how an inter county player misses the thing. FFS from under 10's on you are told to aim for the far post. He missed it on the near post. f**king cat.

100% this.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 27, 2019, 02:28:51 PM
What's the age profile of the Mayo team these days?

A lot younger than the starting team the last two years i can imagine but i don't think the likes of McCormack,Boland,McDonagh,Diskin,Plunkett,Tracey will reach the heights or consistency of Boyle,Higgins,S O'Shea,A Moran etc at their peaks.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 27, 2019, 03:28:54 PM
Quote from: highorlow on May 27, 2019, 03:17:25 PM

100% this.

He can't help it he's from Knockmore!