Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on May 25, 2019, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2019, 12:54:04 PM
Did Andy never play on his home clubs pitch?

Pedantic nonsense , he plays for Ballagh who play in Mayo cause that's where they were originally located , end of story.
And what about Ardnaree and Bonnyconlon two areas originally in Sligo, sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander and all that.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 25, 2019, 01:44:04 PM

Pedantic nonsense , he plays for Ballagh who play in Mayo cause that's where they were originally located , end of story.
And what about Ardnaree and Bonnyconlon two areas originally in Sligo, sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander and all that.

I know nothing about either area only Joe Corcoran was ardnaree and I used to tag along with a headcase in London from ardnaree also , I know less about bonniconlon only father Tommy towie went there after he finished teaching me and I also worked with a lad from that area on a pipeline in ballymun in 2004 for Coffey's from Galway who used to have Ciaran Mac working for them till he want with ward and Burke who went away from coffee and formed their own company.

Now all that completely irrelevant uselles information is nearly as bad as dragging this thread into the ballagh stuff.

I'm an hour and a half from Castlebar , entertain me with some prediction s .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Hopeful of a Mayo win. Not confident, just hopeful.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: larryin89 on May 25, 2019, 01:57:19 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on May 25, 2019, 01:44:04 PM

I know nothing about either area only Joe Corcoran was ardnaree and I used to tag along with a headcase in London from ardnaree also , I know less about bonniconlon only father Tommy towie went there after he finished teaching me and I also worked with a lad from that area on a pipeline in ballymun in 2004 for Coffey's from Galway who used to have Ciaran Mac working for them till he want with ward and Burke who went away from coffee and formed their own company.

Now all that completely irrelevant uselles information is nearly as bad as dragging this thread into the ballagh stuff.

I'm an hour and a half from Castlebar , entertain me with some prediction s .
I haven't the heart to get involved in this oull nonsense again but as I am just killing time until the throw-in, I'll chip in my tuppence worth one more time.,...
There's one helluva difference between Ballagh and Bunniconlan or àny other townlands thatz switched counties.  Mayo never told anybody to check off back to where they came from and never come back!
That's what happened to Ballagh and they never forgot that insult. After the boundary changes, when they tried to analysts with the Ross county board , some of the ones in Roscommon objected because they figured the Faugh a' Ballaghs would be too good for them.
Some might not like this one little bit but Ballagh play in Mayo because they weren't made welcome in Roscommon
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Heart says Ros by 3.
Head -easy win for Rhus.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

I honestly am finding it really hard to call this , there's a part of me saying we will no matter what but I do believe there is an unknown factor to this game .

All that said I'll back mayo for an eight point win  . ;D
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

whitey

The Rossies are well able to pull off an ambush....read yer history bucks

Cunny Funt

Rumours that one of Roscommon's key players will not be starting from that selected team, if true whatever chance the rossies had of causing upset will decrease further.

kerryforsam19

Roscommon thinkthey're tough poking a lad in the eye or hitting a lad off the ball when match officials not looking.  Mayo to by 15-20 points in first gear. Roscommon have gone since McStay stepped down

joemamas

Paul Earley doing co commentating , nice neutral sort  ::)

bennydorano

The Rossie kit is funny looking, they'll all look like childer with their jersies tucked way too far into their shorts

whitey

Did the Rossie give Hennelly an elbow in the jaw after scoring the second goal?

kerryforsam19

Mayo to empty the tank in second half and make dog dung of the sheapstealers. Jim Horan has never lost Connaught game.

GalwayBayBoy

Rossies down to 14. They used all their subs.

armaghniac

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on May 25, 2019, 07:58:10 PM
Mayo to empty the tank in second half and make dog dung of the sheapstealers. Jim Horan has never lost Connaught game.

Yeah, right.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B