Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/loyalists-hold-talks-with-nio-to-express-anger-over-irish-sea-border-39997279.html

I find this just incredible and how its not been made a bigger deal off. Can you imagine the outrage if the Irish government held a meeting with dissidents. Even if the Slab was ever pictured walking out of a Sinn Fein office would probably collapse Stormont,

Leo is pretty quick throwing up to the Shinners about taking instructions from the Provos, where is the he on this.

restorepride

Quote from: pbat on January 24, 2021, 01:59:38 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/loyalists-hold-talks-with-nio-to-express-anger-over-irish-sea-border-39997279.html

I find this just incredible and how its not been made a bigger deal off. Can you imagine the outrage if the Irish government held a meeting with dissidents. Even if the Slab was ever pictured walking out of a Sinn Fein office would probably collapse Stormont,

Leo is pretty quick throwing up to the Shinners about taking instructions from the Provos, where is the he on this.
I agree.  In the last couple of years they have also made representations to make the UDA legal again.

Rossfan

I can see the EU and the Brits tearing up the Withdrawal Agreement and the Trade deal because 2 illegal drug dealing sets of paramilitary thugs don't like it. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

UK firms told 'set up in EU to avoid trade disruption'
What was Brexit for ??

The Cheshire Cheese Company, which sold £180,000 of cheese to the EU last year, found that every £25-30 gift box of cheese it sends to consumers on the Continent now needs a veterinary-approved health certificate costing £180. "I spoke to someone at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for advice. They told me setting up a fulfilment centre in the EU where we could pack the boxes was my only solution," co-founder Simon Spurrell told the BBC.

The firm, which had been optimistic about Brexit, is now looking at setting up a hub in France where it would "test the water".
But it has also scrapped plans to build a new £1m warehouse in Macclesfield employing 20-30 people.

"Instead we might end up employing French workers and paying tax to the EU," Mr Spurrell said.
"I left the EU as a UK citizen but now they are suggesting I rejoin my company to the EU, so what was Brexit for?"

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55786974

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on January 24, 2021, 06:16:27 PM
What was Brexit for ??

The Cheshire Cheese Company, which sold £180,000 of cheese to the EU last year, found that every £25-30 gift box of cheese it sends to consumers on the Continent now needs a veterinary-approved health certificate costing £180. "I spoke to someone at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for advice. They told me setting up a fulfilment centre in the EU where we could pack the boxes was my only solution," co-founder Simon Spurrell told the BBC.

The firm, which had been optimistic about Brexit, is now looking at setting up a hub in France where it would "test the water".
But it has also scrapped plans to build a new £1m warehouse in Macclesfield employing 20-30 people.

"Instead we might end up employing French workers and paying tax to the EU," Mr Spurrell said.
"I left the EU as a UK citizen but now they are suggesting I rejoin my company to the EU, so what was Brexit for?"

Well that is an awful awful shame. Hell slap it up any business owner stupid enough to fall for Brexit.

Rossfan

The clown now knows what Brexit was for - to leave a common trade area with 450m residents so as he could trade with some far away Country with a much smaller population.
No cure for total stupidity.

grounded

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2021, 03:51:19 PM
I can see the EU and the Brits tearing up the Withdrawal Agreement and the Trade deal because 2 illegal drug dealing sets of paramilitary thugs don't like it. ::)

The LCC also asked the NIO to ensure that new US President Joe Biden "was briefed on the need for impartiality and respect for the majority position in Northern Ireland when it comes to dealing with NI-US issues".

I laughed out loud reading that crap.

bennydorano

UK applying to join Asia-Pacific free trade pact CPTPP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55871373

Rossfan

They'll be able to sell loads of cars to Japan.....

GJL

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 24, 2021, 06:43:26 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 24, 2021, 06:16:27 PM
What was Brexit for ??

Well that is an awful awful shame. Hell slap it up any business owner stupid enough to fall for Brexit.

Would setting up in the occupied 6 do the same thing for him?

seafoid

https://telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/31/six-10-lorries-crossing-channel-empty-brexit-covid-bite/...

Fewer than four in every 10 lorries crossing the Channel from Dover are carrying goods to be sold abroad, according to new data which suggests that border chaos is threatening Britain's exports.

The Road Haulage Association (RHA) revealed that 65pc of vehicles using the key freight route into Europe are carrying nothing but fresh air – almost four times the normal empty level – due to worries about being held up by complex post-Brexit customs regulations.

The blow to Britain's exports is underlined by the association warning that traffic flows are still only 70pc of the normal level for this time of year.

A sample of two dozen British-based haulage firms operating a total of 862 vehicles using all UK ports to take freight to the EU carried just 248 loads in one week after the new customs regime was introduced.

In a normal week in the months ahead of Britain leaving the EU, they carried 782.

maddog

Whether Brexit or Covid the reality of the situation is this. In my line of work we have "noticed" that our usual pattern of 3:1 ratio (i.e for every 3 imports into the uk you get one export container) has now changed. Last year a 40ft container from the far east to here was about $2000, now its $8000-$12000. We arent really interested anymore in exports from here all we want to do is load empty boxes back to China for the next import to come across. Export rates are around $1000 for a 40ft to far east. The only exports from UK in any volume is wastepaper and scrap metal. And the Chinese no longer want the wastepaper. Manufacturing is fecked. There is an old airfield in Suffolk somewhere with a heap of 40ft boxes full of PPE, enough for the next 5 years apparently. They are actually considering shipping it back to China as will be cheaper storage in the long run. Imports into Ireland have a similar pattern but at least there is the milkpowder market which makes up probably 50% of our exports from Dublin and Cork. Maddest one ive seen in a while is Ireland exporting sand to Saudi Arabia. Not joking.

tonto1888

I see Mid East Antrim council are withdrawing staff from Larne port inspection duties after the graffiti incident last week

imtommygunn

Good old Larne. You wouldn't be happy working there with that graffiti then there was the varadakar stuff at the weekend of. Good old dup have done some job here.

restorepride

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 01, 2021, 09:45:51 PM
Good old Larne. You wouldn't be happy working there with that graffiti then there was the varadakar stuff at the weekend of. Good old dup have done some job here.
+1