Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Why only blame SF on the lack of devolved government? There was a deal on the table and the Orange Order / DUP turned it down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

I don't like SF particularly much but you can't fault them for the government thing. There is no compromise in the DUP - they never compromise on anything and never have. Also there is no accountability for anything or Foster would be long gone. At lest with the McElduff and MCKay things there was some form of accountability. If it was the DUP they'd still be sitting there.

Then you read all this crap about eroding Loyalist culture etc. The DUP wouldn't have any form of Irish culture about the place. They need to be called on this and finally have been.

trueblue1234

Quote from: t_mac on July 29, 2019, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 29, 2019, 01:27:28 PM
Quote from: t_mac on July 29, 2019, 01:06:48 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-northern-ireland-direct-rule-dominic-raab-boris-johnson-a9024801.html

Back to the good old days of direct rule, the Shinners are playing a blinder.

If only the right honourable member for West Tyrone spoke in the commons. Then Boris would see the light and become completely reasonable.  :P

Or maybe if they took their seats in Stormont, but no Shinners want as much chaos as possible with as many economic causalities as possible (none of which will be themselves) so that they can pursue a United Ireland.
There's a real habit of simplifying the issue here to have a go at SF. Stormont was a joke, and while I'm conflicted with regards to whether they should re-look at taking their seats in Westminister, I definitely would not want them backing down again to the DUP and giving in regarding Stormont.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 29, 2019, 02:27:04 PM
I don't like SF particularly much but you can't fault them for the government thing. There is no compromise in the DUP - they never compromise on anything and never have. Also there is no accountability for anything or Foster would be long gone. At lest with the McElduff and MCKay things there was some form of accountability. If it was the DUP they'd still be sitting there.

Then you read all this crap about eroding Loyalist culture etc. The DUP wouldn't have any form of Irish culture about the place. They need to be called on this and finally have been.

Yes and given this, it's important that key services are cut as a result and that the most vulnerable of society pay the price. Maith thú Sinn Fein.

bennydorano

BBC News - Brexit: What would no deal mean for Ireland?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49130447

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2019, 02:35:34 PM

Yes and given this, it's important that key services are cut as a result and that the most vulnerable of society pay the price. Maith thú Sinn Fein.
Simple Question, do you think SF should give in everytime DUP pull the plug on something they don't like just to keep Stormont running?

t_mac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 29, 2019, 02:31:24 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-northern-ireland-direct-rule-dominic-raab-boris-johnson-a9024801.html

If only the right honourable member for West Tyrone spoke in the commons. Then Boris would see the light and become completely reasonable.  :P

Or maybe if they took their seats in Stormont, but no Shinners want as much chaos as possible with as many economic causalities as possible (none of which will be themselves) so that they can pursue a United Ireland.
There's a real habit of simplifying the issue here to have a go at SF. Stormont was a joke, and while I'm conflicted with regards to whether they should re-look at taking their seats in Westminister, I definitely would not want them backing down again to the DUP and giving in regarding Stormont.

And in the meantime, operations are cancelled, breast clinic at Craigavon is up for closure, kids are being sent home to beg parents for money for books, roads are a joke etc etc.  SF will do nothing from the outside they need to reengage and stand up for the rights of those who voted for them.  DUP haven't the numbers for a petition of concern anymore SF need to help their communities.

imtommygunn

Yeah sure let's just keep rolling over to these pricks.

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 29, 2019, 02:40:25 PM

Simple Question, do you think SF should give in everytime DUP pull the plug on something they don't like just to keep Stormont running?

Is Stormont perfect? Absolutely not. Is a half working Stormont better that what we currently have? Absolutely yes.
SF are not interested in working to improve the lives of everyday people. There only interest is in filling their own pockets. People need to see them for what they are.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 29, 2019, 03:03:11 PM

The language of peace and reconciliation.

trueblue1234

Quote from: t_mac on July 29, 2019, 02:52:01 PM

And in the meantime, operations are cancelled, breast clinic at Craigavon is up for closure, kids are being sent home to beg parents for money for books, roads are a joke etc etc.  SF will do nothing from the outside they need to reengage and stand up for the rights of those who voted for them.  DUP haven't the numbers for a petition of concern anymore SF need to help their communities.

I've no issue with them reengaging, and I'd like to see that happening. But if it's to reengage so that they have to concede more and more just to keep the DUP happy then no. And trust me the DUP at the minute believe they are invincible with the Tories backing. They'll be driving that home now more than ever.

t_mac

Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2019, 03:07:52 PM

I was thinking the same, the intransigence with the hard core Shinner supporters is staggering, talk about closing your eyes to the issues.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2019, 03:06:55 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 29, 2019, 02:40:25 PM

Is Stormont perfect? Absolutely not. Is a half working Stormont better that what we currently have? Absolutely yes.
SF are not interested in working to improve the lives of everyday people. There only interest is in filling their own pockets. People need to see them for what they are.

I don't agree. A Stormont being dedicated to by the DUP with no true belief or want to share power with nationalists is not something I would want to be a part of. Absolutely not. We've been there and I would be loath to return.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on July 29, 2019, 03:07:52 PM

;D Their mask slips every now and again. Nowhere else in the world would you go into government with someone with opposing views without some form of compromise. I don't see any.

t_mac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 29, 2019, 03:10:25 PM
Quote from: t_mac on July 29, 2019, 02:52:01 PM

I've no issue with them reengaging, and I'd like to see that happening. But if it's to reengage so that they have to concede more and more just to keep the DUP happy then no. And trust me the DUP at the minute believe they are invincible with the Tories backing. They'll be driving that home now more than ever.

What are they conceding, there is going to be LGBT rights, and an Irish Language is not going to happen under no Stormont and definitely not with direct rule.  Do you think folk lying on trolleys in hospitals, operations cancelled, school budgets evaporating, social care up the left is a good price to pay for the people in the North for Sinn Feins red lines, why not go and fight for their causes in the institutions which can deliver them FFS.