Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2017, 07:52:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 10, 2017, 07:30:27 PM
Norway/ Sweden is a line on the map .

I'm glad you told me that... now someone with a brain please, who knows this stuff tell me do the hard borders stop the flow of people goods and trade between these countries? And do the do well economically??
You seem like a right ignorant yoke.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2017, 08:54:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2017, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2017, 08:10:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2017, 07:52:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 10, 2017, 07:30:27 PM
Norway/ Sweden is a line on the map .

I'm glad you told me that... now someone with a brain please, who knows this stuff tell me do the hard borders stop the flow of people goods and trade between these countries? And do the do well economically??
There are border posts at all crossings between France and Switz. Cars are stopped. There are limits on the value of goods per person carried over the border. Business transactions have to be documented and approved.

Yeah I've been through the border before and I never felt as if it was a problem to be honest is Switzerland still operating as a country ? Do they have a decent economy??
They have pretty serious deflation. They voted in 2014 to limit EU immigration and were kicked out of Erasmus. they have spent 3 years negotiating with the EU to find a compromise. The EU takes a huge chunk of Swiss exports. Only Pharma is doing well these days.

So they are worse off that let's say, the South??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/81bf6bee-eeb0-11e6-ba01-119a44939bb6

Real average earnings are forecast to be no higher between 2010 and 2020 than between 2000 and 2010 — the worst performance since the early 20th century.What then might lie ahead? We can reasonably expect rising inflation, as a result of the post-referendum depreciation of sterling, and a plateau in the level of employment, which is already at high levels. Using the latest forecasts from the Office for Budget Responsibility to project household incomes up to 2020, the foundation concludes that median real disposable incomes will increase by 3 per cent between 2015 and 2020, those of the top half of the distribution will grow by 7 per cent and those of the bottom half will shrink by 2 per cent. The picture is one of overall stagnation, plus rising inequality — and pensioners, who have done far better than people of working age people in recent years will continue to do so.Why is this happening? A part of the answer is slow prospective growth, which depends mainly on the prospects for productivity, but partly on the impact of Brexit. It also depends on the tax and benefit plans inherited — but, crucially, maintained — by Mrs May

No wides

Complete horseshite based on some knobs speculation. Keep posting those artices with each one I get a more warm fuzzy feeling it will all work out.

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on February 12, 2017, 09:47:03 AM
Complete horseshite based on some knobs speculation. Keep posting those artices with each one I get a more warm fuzzy feeling it will all work out.
Tell us what you know about UK productivity

No wides

You know so much you should be in politics or ar least a political correspondent, oh wait you just google shite to fit your narrow minded agenda. We are all doomed though I suspect Uk will come out of this smelling of roses.

heganboy

Quote from: No wides on February 12, 2017, 11:08:31 AM
We are all doomed though I suspect Uk will come out of this smelling of roses.

There's a first time for everything...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on February 12, 2017, 11:08:31 AM
You know so much you should be in politics or ar least a political correspondent, oh wait you just google shite to fit your narrow minded agenda. We are all doomed though I suspect Uk will come out of this smelling of roses.
You sound like an AIB director in 2009

omochain

Think the Lads that run the U.K. already had a war over roses so I suspect their sense of smell when it comes to something perfected in Portydown. In other words.. all things being equal you are well "wide" of no. You just miss the point on a continuous basis.

No wides

Some amount of soothersayers on this board.

seafoid

AIB chief executive's message to staff
Dear Colleague,

The past few days have again seen the banking sector, both at home and internationally, go through an extremely volatile time.
The Irish Government's decision to nationalise Anglo Irish Bank, together with a variety of other developments here, in the US, the UK and in other parts of the Eurozone, have all had a knock-on effect on share prices and have led to renewed uncertainty and speculation as to what is going to happen next. I can understand that seeing our share price drop severely is worrying and that you may wonder whether some of the speculation might be true.

Share prices continually rise and fall as a result of many factors and the present extreme volatility in the financial sector serves to exacerbate and exaggerate that process. AIB continues to be a strong, sound, internationally diversified organisation which serves a huge range of personal and business customers across a wide variety of sectors. We have the depth and strength required to manage our way through this period of uncertainty as an independent organisation and I believe we will do so.  Everyone in AIB Group has a role to play in dealing with these difficult times and I can assure you that the Chairman, myself, my colleagues on the Group Executive Committee and the Board are all focussed on ensuring that AIB remains well equipped to tackle whatever challenges this environment may present.

I know I can, as always, rely on all of you to play your part too. Whether you are working in RoI, Northern Ireland, Britain, Poland, the US or in any of our other locations throughout the world, I would just ask two things of you:-

Firstly, don't become sidetracked by rumour and speculation. At times like this there is always, understandably, a surfeit of both.

Secondly, and most importantly, maintain your focus on the day to day business of doing your job and looking after your customers. I cannot over emphasise how important that is as AIB has a key part to play in the revival of the economies in which we operate.

Thank you all, once again, for your continued commitment.

Eugene Sheehy
Group Chief Executive (19/01/2009)

No wides

How will the masses survive!!!!

armaghniac

Brokenshire is some bollix. On the news there saying that the need for customs hadn't been decided, when his boss has said the UK will leave the Single Market and the Customs Union and he has said that NI will not get special status. The pan seems to be to not have a plan so that nobody can disagree with it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B