Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: general_lee on July 04, 2016, 04:34:23 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 04, 2016, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 04, 2016, 01:21:51 PM
The DUP really come across as the most inept shower of flag waving gobshites who's only priority is reaffirming their Britishness and cementing their supremacy over Nationalists. They're more concerned with pleasing their English overlords than they are representing the interests of people in NI. I've said it before but it is depressing that so many morons vote for them

Do the morons even have an alternative to vote for though?? How the working class loyalist community in Belfast and other towns vote for the DUP is beyond me. They've done nothing to improve the loyalist ghettos. Schools and housing is shameful compared to other areas. Arlene is pathetic, jesus Peter Robinson wasnt half as bad!
They are littered with loyalist parasites like Gregory Campbell and Nelson McCausland - so they don't need an alternative with the likes of these boys standing.

The tosser jay walked across the road in front of me this evening. But if I'd run him over then I'd be arrested. Where's the logic in that?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

foxcommander

Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2016, 08:51:58 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 04, 2016, 04:34:23 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 04, 2016, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 04, 2016, 01:21:51 PM
The DUP really come across as the most inept shower of flag waving gobshites who's only priority is reaffirming their Britishness and cementing their supremacy over Nationalists. They're more concerned with pleasing their English overlords than they are representing the interests of people in NI. I've said it before but it is depressing that so many morons vote for them

Do the morons even have an alternative to vote for though?? How the working class loyalist community in Belfast and other towns vote for the DUP is beyond me. They've done nothing to improve the loyalist ghettos. Schools and housing is shameful compared to other areas. Arlene is pathetic, jesus Peter Robinson wasnt half as bad!
They are littered with loyalist parasites like Gregory Campbell and Nelson McCausland - so they don't need an alternative with the likes of these boys standing.

The t**ser jay walked across the road in front of me this evening. But if I'd run him over then I'd be arrested. Where's the logic in that?

Surely you could have claimed it was an accident if he wasn't at a designated zebra crossing?
You'd have been up there with the chap that plugged Seawright.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

LeoMc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2016, 10:30:08 AM
Nigel Farage has stepped down as UKIP leader.
Apparently he wants to spend more time with his wife before she is deported.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

BennyCake

Geldof urging people to take to the streets. What a tool.

heganboy

It is a very powerful tool indeed Benny, well said, never under estimate the power of public protest
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

haranguerer

All this talk of why it shouldn't happen, why it'll never happen, how we can stop it happen, ignores the fact that it was a democratic decision. I was very much against Brexit, but I'm even more against anything that treads roughshod over democracy.

The attitude towards those who voted for Brexit (didn't know what they were voting for, knuckle draggers, racists, etc) is also pretty patronising - if the vote was re ran as is being suggested (!) tomorrow there still would be a very sizeable out vote - perhaps instead of dismissing them as crazies the sensible thing to do would be to actually try to understand where its coming from and why.

NAG1

Quote from: haranguerer on July 05, 2016, 08:20:27 AM
All this talk of why it shouldn't happen, why it'll never happen, how we can stop it happen, ignores the fact that it was a democratic decision. I was very much against Brexit, but I'm even more against anything that treads roughshod over democracy.

The attitude towards those who voted for Brexit (didn't know what they were voting for, knuckle draggers, racists, etc) is also pretty patronising - if the vote was re ran as is being suggested (!) tomorrow there still would be a very sizeable out vote - perhaps instead of dismissing them as crazies the sensible thing to do would be to actually try to understand where its coming from and why.

Dont think anyone is ignoring the democracy in all this, but the fact is that the leave side (or a sizeable portion of) were manipulated, lied too or what ever you want to call in order to secure their vote.

Three quick examples off hand, the £350m to the NHS, Arlene and her Corp Tax & Immigration.

imtommygunn

The reality is that it is not something there should ever have been a public vote on and the aftermath has illustrated this.

There are reasons to leave the EU no doubt but it just doesn't feel like the majority of the people who voted to leave did so for this reason. They were duped.

Anyone else find it irritating that Farage is still an MEP lifting 80-90k a year? It is immoral at best.

It's also amusing now the DUP and TUV talking about democracy.

haranguerer

Thats exactly the attitude I'm talking about. 'They were lied to and stupidly believed the lies - we are right, and if they just had more sense they'd agree with us'. Seems pretty arrogant, and its being propogated by large sections of the media.

You don't think every side in any vote is lied to, manipulated?

We need to get over ourselves. My point if the vote was rerun tomorrow there would still be a sizeable 'Out' vote, probably a 50/50 chance on winning again, was in relation to discounting those who said afterwards in interviews saying they didn't expect to win etc. Fact is, they did win, in a democratic vote, and talk about re-running or ignoring the result may temporarily defend EU'ness, but would have a much greater and more long standing ill effect in destroying democracy.

lenny

Quote from: haranguerer on July 05, 2016, 09:10:34 AM
Thats exactly the attitude I'm talking about. 'They were lied to and stupidly believed the lies - we are right, and if they just had more sense they'd agree with us'. Seems pretty arrogant, and its being propogated by large sections of the media.

We need to get over ourselves. My point if the vote was rerun tomorrow there would still be a sizeable 'Out' vote, probably a 50/50 chance on winning again, was in relation to discounting those who said afterwards in interviews saying they didn't expect to win etc. Fact is, they did win, in a democratic vote, and talk about re-running or ignoring the result may temporarily defend EU'ness, but would have a much greater and more long standing ill effect in destroying democracy.

For such a huge constitutional change it should have required a 2/3 majority. The vote was really too close for such a massive change to occur.

imtommygunn

it wouldn't be 50/50 due to the impact it has had on the pound, the various banks etc.

Both sides were lied to but the leave side could not back up what it said and it has zero plan now. Would that have been what most voters expected?

It really shouldn't have been an issue the general public voted on.

NAG1

Quote from: haranguerer on July 05, 2016, 09:10:34 AM

And it is true, nothing dangerous about that. Its fact. I said a good proportion not all.

You are failing to see that the same media that are now propagating this message are same said media that spread the lies and the hate that mainly led to the vote going the way it went.

Take into the fact that of the four regions that took the vote, two voted to stay so where is the democracy for those regions?

BennyCake

Quote from: NAG1 on July 05, 2016, 08:36:04 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 05, 2016, 08:20:27 AM

Dont think anyone is ignoring the democracy in all this, but the fact is that the leave side (or a sizeable portion of) were manipulated, lied too or what ever you want to call in order to secure their vote.

Three quick examples off hand, the £350m to the NHS, Arlene and her Corp Tax & Immigration.

Manipulated and lied to you say? Just like every other election then! When has any party/politican kept their pre-election promises once voted in?

seafoid

It probably won't happen