Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 14, 2013, 03:04:36 PM
You would imagine so EC but it's creates great interest and makes for great TV.
You will get a lot of people tuning in to see what Brolly has to say in the Mayo game now.
I wonder will big Sean & Co be happy to drag players down as quick the next day. If needs be I say they will.

Remind me who was the J Quinn played that day? Was that 2001?

jarlath quinn (pomeroy). the game was played in july 2002.

Fuzzman

I was in Australia so never saw the guy. Was he any good? Was he only on the panel that one year?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 14, 2013, 04:31:15 PM
I was in Australia so never saw the guy. Was he any good? Was he only on the panel that one year?

As far as i remember he was midfield on St Pats Academy's MacRory and Hogan cup winning team in 1997 and was (still is) a big lump of a lad who could catch a ball. He wasn't blessed with the greatest kicking technique which would have impacted on his effectiveness at the highest level. Think he was only on the panel for a year.
That was never a square ball!!

Gabriel_Hurl

He partnered Conall Martin in midfield for the Tyrone minors and U-21s as well I think

Captain Obvious

You will get a lot of people tuning in to see what Brolly has to say in the Mayo game now.
I wonder will big Sean & Co be happy to drag players down as quick the next day. If needs be I say they will.

The sideshow has become more important than the main event. Joe will be delighted.

EC Unique

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 14, 2013, 09:41:39 PM

The sideshow has become more important than the main event. Joe will be delighted.

This is the problem. Am I in the minority in wanting decent analysis and replays of scores etc instead of 15 minutes of complete nonsense from 3 men who are full of self importance.

Orangemac

No EC you're not, nothing wrong with people having strong opinions but focus needs to be on the game rather than egos.

Little attention paid to some of the great scores in Tyrone/Mon game from McMahon,McManus etc, instead it is the Joe show. RTE don't care as ratings will be up.

Soccer has a better balance where Giles/Dunphy can give their views but game is still analysed properly.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

barelegs

It's working. You have to take the two *s out and replace them with 'as'

screenexile

Jaysus Enda Muldoon's goal at the start of that video is pure class!!

trileacman

Quote from: screenexile on August 14, 2013, 11:41:21 PM
Jaysus Enda Muldoon's goal at the start of that video is pure class!!

Savage player, ye'd know he was from Tyrone.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

What gets me is the outrage from Tyronies about the tape... first of all he says "Tyrone b**tards" and then proceeds to tell Lyster that the line was his opening at a Gala night IN TYRONE - clearly saying the statement as a joke!

Then he goes on to say that his brother calls Tyrone people savages and then says that's nonsense they are just normal gaels but there's a desperation that has come from not winning.

I think it's a mountain out of a molehill in fairness!

BennyHarp

Tyrone's new fangled cynical fouling would have laughed at in Cavan in the 90s. A great bit of refereeing on 2.17mins

http://gaabanter.ie/from-the-vault-cynical-fouling-done-the-right-way/
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2013, 11:55:04 PM
Tyrone's new fangled cynical fouling would have laughed at in Cavan in the 90s. A great bit of refereeing on 2.17mins

http://gaabanter.ie/from-the-vault-cynical-fouling-done-the-right-way/

One lad doesn't know how to tackle in that clip (No. 11) and pulls a man down twice. Other than that I don't see the big hoo ha with that compared to Tyrone's systematic pre-meditated system of fouling!