Time for Joe to go??

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2013, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 06, 2013, 05:15:47 PM
You obviously disagree with the parent I spoke to about Brolly being a bad example and that's fair enough, some people will agree and other disagree. However I can say for certain that if myself or anyone else in my own club who was part of the coaching set up of a youth team gave a Brolly-esque performance on the sideline then if I wasn't in trouble with our county board, I would certainly be with my own club in relation to the code of conduct that all coaches operate under. I don't know how things operate in Waterford, but in Tyrone despite some reputations of adult club football and the case of loudmouth village idiots in the stands where pretty much every club has at least one, the county board take very dim views of players & coaches at youth levels who act in such a manner. As far as I know, every club in Tyrone has drawn up codes of conduct covering players, coaches, mentors, members etc for both adults and children not to mention that every youth coach is to have an Access NI certificate. Indeed a few years ago when I was part of a juvenile management team, after a match I was given a warning by the club committee over my sideline conduct which could have brought the club into trouble so I'm not infallible. Personally, I was under some very heavy episodes of depression, the worst I ever had at the time, and the medication I was on made my temper be a hair's width away where I would normally be fairly placid and patient. Not surprisingly a couple of weeks later I ended up in hospital over it all. I'd like to think that I've learned from this experience and to ensure that in future to stay away if something similar could happen again, and just try to be a better person for it.

Just because some clubs close ranks about protecting perpetrators of bad acts doesn't mean it's right in the same way that the majority of adult teams in football now employ systematic tactical fouling isn't healthy for good open games. The one thing I'm not going to do is peruse a tabloid like moral crusade over it.

Okay, but you're assuming he'd behave exactly the same way on a sideline as he would on the Sunday Game. Do you really want that? Pundits thinking "gee, I'd better not say that in case a 12-year-old might be watching"?

small white mayoman

He is everywhere Matt Cooper about to Interview the wee shite in a couple of Minutes .
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

deiseach

If he weren't giving interviews people would be bitching that he'd gone to ground.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: small white mayoman on August 06, 2013, 05:32:57 PM
He is everywhere Matt Cooper about to Interview the wee shite in a couple of Minutes .

He's talking about the organ donation campaign

small white mayoman

Quote from: deiseach on August 06, 2013, 05:34:38 PM
If he weren't giving interviews people would be bitching that he'd gone to ground.

I wouldn't be one of them  ;D

small white mayoman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 06, 2013, 05:36:25 PM

Ah thank God for that

Gabriel_Hurl

Well you made it sound like he's going on specifically to talk about the weekend when that's not true

orangeman

Maybe that's what this is all about ?

He wants to be outrageously controversial so that he can get his message about Organ Donation across.

Means to an end.

Fair enough.

small white mayoman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 06, 2013, 05:40:01 PM
Well you made it sound like he's going on specifically to talk about the weekend when that's not true

Apologies  just heard him mention Joe Brolly glad he won't be talking about the weekend then 

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on August 06, 2013, 05:42:05 PM

Maybe that's what this is all about ?

He wants to be outrageously controversial so that he can get his message about Organ Donation across.

Means to an end.

Fair enough.

Top bloke in fairness.. ;D

omagh_gael

Brolly on Matt Cooper now (today fm).

BennyHarp

Quote from: deiseach on August 06, 2013, 05:29:40 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 06, 2013, 05:15:47 PM
You obviously disagree with the parent I spoke to about Brolly being a bad example and that's fair enough, some people will agree and other disagree. However I can say for certain that if myself or anyone else in my own club who was part of the coaching set up of a youth team gave a Brolly-esque performance on the sideline then if I wasn't in trouble with our county board, I would certainly be with my own club in relation to the code of conduct that all coaches operate under. I don't know how things operate in Waterford, but in Tyrone despite some reputations of adult club football and the case of loudmouth village idiots in the stands where pretty much every club has at least one, the county board take very dim views of players & coaches at youth levels who act in such a manner. As far as I know, every club in Tyrone has drawn up codes of conduct covering players, coaches, mentors, members etc for both adults and children not to mention that every youth coach is to have an Access NI certificate. Indeed a few years ago when I was part of a juvenile management team, after a match I was given a warning by the club committee over my sideline conduct which could have brought the club into trouble so I'm not infallible. Personally, I was under some very heavy episodes of depression, the worst I ever had at the time, and the medication I was on made my temper be a hair's width away where I would normally be fairly placid and patient. Not surprisingly a couple of weeks later I ended up in hospital over it all. I'd like to think that I've learned from this experience and to ensure that in future to stay away if something similar could happen again, and just try to be a better person for it.

Just because some clubs close ranks about protecting perpetrators of bad acts doesn't mean it's right in the same way that the majority of adult teams in football now employ systematic tactical fouling isn't healthy for good open games. The one thing I'm not going to do is peruse a tabloid like moral crusade over it.

Okay, but you're assuming he'd behave exactly the same way on a sideline as he would on the Sunday Game. Do you really want that? Pundits thinking "gee, I'd better not say that in case a 12-year-old might be watching"?

And should players in the heat of the battle for a semi final place think "gee, I'd better not do this in case a 12 year might be watching?" Joe had time to formulate his response so that's exactly what he should have been thinking if he's using that audience as a barometer for other peoples behaviour.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_EjyFFb9u0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just after saying he has never been cynically fouled in his career. 2.15 into the clip above cyncially fouled when clean through on goal. Still refusing to apologise and still a hypocrite.

Gabriel_Hurl

Had to laugh at him saying Ciaran Whelan was never a cynical player in his career

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Wee Roddy on August 06, 2013, 02:08:45 PM
Yip you are correct....and the same thing can be said about Tyrone, and Armagh too. Kicked around Croke Park for years with no protection whatsoever. John Lynch was took out of it by Tommy Doyle in 86 and every Tyrone man was took out of it in 1996 against Meath. Toe to toe Tyrone would have beat Kerry in 2003, 05 and 8 as well cause they had better players! Its a mindset where by we are going to get tramped over by anyone anymore.

Thats a lie. You just pulled that out of your arse. Typical Tyrone dishonesty.