Transferring money

Started by Farrandeelin, April 20, 2016, 07:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Any online facility that can enable safe money transfers from a southern to a northern account? I need to transfer a large amount this week and I don't want any scammers to hack, I suppose is the word my account or the other one either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

Not even married yet and she already has you handing over the wages....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Revout app. Fee free and the best exchange rates around.

ludermor

Ive been using transferwise for years now and cannot fault it, once you are set up the transfer can be done in seconds and i have often got same day transfer from sterling to euro.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on April 20, 2016, 08:09:24 AM
Not even married yet and she already has you handing over the wages....
;D
Slab 'deelin

Ulick

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 20, 2016, 07:36:43 AM
Any online facility that can enable safe money transfers from a southern to a northern account? I need to transfer a large amount this week and I don't want any scammers to hack, I suppose is the word my account or the other one either.

I've been using Currencyfair (http://currencyfair.com/) for a few years without any bother and good rates. Like Transferwise as mentioned, once the account is set up the transfers go through pretty quickly. However it might take you a while to set-up. From memory I think I had to scan ID and proof of address to email to them. Then to link accounts they put a small amount of money in your account and you confirm the amount with them. I have bank accounts on both side of the border so had to do that a few times to link each way, but if you are just sending it on to a third party you probably only need to link one account. 

armaghniac

https://www.paywithfire.com/
Pay with Fire allow you open a Sterling a/c and a Euro A/c, both with IBANS and you can transfer between these a decent rate or to other accounts.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bmac88

Lads with these apps, is it only for transferring large amounts? I downloaded that transfer wise app there to check it out and had to transfer £1000 for starters
I transfer money fairly regularly from south to northern bank account and low fees would be handy!

Ulick

Currencyfair has a flat fee of £2.50 regardless of amount. However their exchange rate beats the banks by such a margin that even factoring that in it's still a big saving on relatively low amounts.

gallsman

Quote from: Bmac88 on April 20, 2016, 10:38:05 PM
Lads with these apps, is it only for transferring large amounts? I downloaded that transfer wise app there to check it out and had to transfer £1000 for starters
I transfer money fairly regularly from south to northern bank account and low fees would be handy!

Read the posts. Revolut. Pay with fire. Check them out. No fees and the best rates going.

Ulick

Quote from: gallsman on April 21, 2016, 02:15:12 PM

Read the posts. Revolut. Pay with fire. Check them out. No fees and the best rates going.

Does Revolut allow 2-way transfers? i.e. can I link two or more bank accounts to revolut, one northern, one southern and transfer each way without fees?

Currencyfair also has a marketplace exchange which can often beat the interbank spot rate used by Revolut if you are prepared to wait a bit. 

Karl Kennedy

Lads has anyone got an online Western Union account for transferring money? Would you be happy enough with it?

gallsman

Quote from: Ulick on April 21, 2016, 05:15:22 PM

Does Revolut allow 2-way transfers? i.e. can I link two or more bank accounts to revolut, one northern, one southern and transfer each way without fees?

Currencyfair also has a marketplace exchange which can often beat the interbank spot rate used by Revolut if you are prepared to wait a bit.

You can link from/to multiple bank accounts but the holder and registered address must match that on your Revolut account.

It won't work if you have an account in the south, live in the north and haven't told the bank your real address.

muppet

And it takes no time to set up. No posting utility bills and waiting for confirmation.

Nice feature too where you can look the Card with your App and then unlock it when you need it.
MWWSI 2017

Insane Bolt

Guys have tried to open an account with XE and then revolut......no joy on either.....any ideas? Appears revolut site is down....and XE is not processing my details when entered.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-6080085/Customers-locked-Revolut-accounts-left-lurch-abroad.html