Drones

Started by Hereiam, January 11, 2016, 10:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: Hereiam on January 11, 2016, 04:56:30 PM
I do think the governments have missed out on acting quickly enough on these. Do farmers want people coming out flyin these yokes over their land and scaring livestock. I can see them becoming a big problem
I know of a farmer using one to check on his stock!

ONeill

I had a drone for a while there but got bored of it quickly enough.

Especially during the winter when the neighbour hardly sunbathes atall.

Isn't there something about you having to be 50m or more from anyone's property?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: Franko on January 11, 2016, 05:22:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 11, 2016, 05:18:01 PM
It happened during an albania game already franko.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/albania-serbia-match-abandoned-drone

Feck, didn't know that.  Idiots like this will ruin the fun for all of us.  I've often wondered if there's anything stopping someone taking one to an airport and flying it dangerously close to the flight paths of the incoming planes (in a bid to get a great photo or something).  Licensing is coming.

Don't know about Ireland, but that's old news at this stage in the states. There have been repeated incidents of drones approaching within a couple of hundred feet of commercial passenger planes coming in to land, including here in New York.

Between that and the gobshites pointing lasers at incoming aircraft, its only a matter of time till some idiotic teenager or drunk causes an accident.

Franko

And here it is.  There's always one w**ker who has to push it too far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36069002

AhNowRef

Its a mystery to me why ISIS and all similar gobshites haven't been using these ... Surely its only a matter of time  :(

New technologies arent always for the best .. or at least they often bring serious complications / ramifications ...

theskull1

Thought this thread was about Tony F  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

grounded

Quote from: muppet on April 18, 2016, 05:25:54 PM
https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-registration

https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/publications/statutory-instruments-(orders)/small-unmanned-aircraft-(drones)-and-rockets-order-s-i-563-of-2015.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Would be interesting to know the numbers of drones registered. I'd say at this stage would be mostly commercial operators who have registered. Many issues with inappropriate use not least the danger to the public in a built up area due to loss of control/power.

grounded

Saying all that they are tremendously useful tools used appropriately. The newest models are relatively easy to fly(a child could fly them). I've flown rc helis both electric and nitro for many years and they are much more difficult to master and sometimes impossible! 

Boycey

Anyone actually any experience of drones??

The young fella (15) is looking for one for his birthday. He's interested in photography and movie making and has loads of wee action cameras etc... From a quick look drones seem to be either very cheap and considered toys or very dear high end bits of kit. I'd be looking at some sort of entry level thing but that would allow him to take decent enough pics/movies

stew

Quote from: Boycey on May 07, 2016, 12:06:06 PM
Anyone actually any experience of drones??

The young fella (15) is looking for one for his birthday. He's interested in photography and movie making and has loads of wee action cameras etc... From a quick look drones seem to be either very cheap and considered toys or very dear high end bits of kit. I'd be looking at some sort of entry level thing but that would allow him to take decent enough pics/movies

The brother has two of them, one entry level, the other top end gear, if I were you i would get a mid level drone on ebay used, the entry level ones are poor enough in his experience, you should pay the same money but upgrade the equipment.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

under the bar

Did you manage to get a suitable drone Boyce?   My 13 yr old is after one for Christmas so am after something reasonable but sturdy.   Any recommendations?

Boycey

Quote from: under the bar on October 28, 2016, 11:12:54 AM
Did you manage to get a suitable drone Boyce?   My 13 yr old is after one for Christmas so am after something reasonable but sturdy.   Any recommendations?

No he moved off in a different direction and got another camera instead. I still look at them (I'd quite like one myself :) ) and it has been talked about again for Christmas so I'd also be interested if anyone has anything to add.

I don't think my budget would stretch to that ehang yoke :-\

Orior

Very hand for delivering drugs to prisoners, though some prisons have trained hawks to take them down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians