Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

ludermor

Quote from: T Fearon on March 08, 2016, 08:33:52 PM
I know.CEO of multi million pound operation,and female to boot,fails to suspend paedophile while junior priest tells all he heard to his superiors immediately.
You have said this a few times, Johnson is not a paedophile.
From Wiki ''Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.[1][2] As a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13''
By all accounts this girl looked older than she was so was far from prepubescence . Thats not to excuse what Johnston done or make him less of a sc**bag.
And you definition of Brady being a 'junior priest' is right up there with the discussion in the UK about Junior Doctor where any doctor who is not a consultant is classed as a junior doctor. You make it sound like he was an apprentice!

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 11, 2016, 06:54:50 AM
One of the mysteries of creation.You might ask why God the creator of all humanity,creates murderers,rapists paedophiles etc in secular walks of life.

Very good. Slowly, slowly you'll get there.

This carry-on of this character seems to suggest that the tendency toward paedophilia goes back a long way.

Alexander VI (one of the Borgias) was Pope from 1492 to 1503.

Pope Alexander took over much of Italy by force with the help of his son Cesare (yes, his son). He had a racy relationship with his daughter Lucrezia (some say her son was his). And he liked to throw big parties, bordering on orgies, that usually culminated with little naked boys jumping out of large cakes.

screenexile

Quote from: Hardy on March 11, 2016, 10:21:30 AM
One of the mysteries of creation.You might ask why God the creator of all humanity,creates murderers,rapists paedophiles etc in secular walks of life.

Very good. Slowly, slowly you'll get there.

This carry-on of this character seems to suggest that the tendency toward paedophilia goes back a long way.

Alexander VI (one of the Borgias) was Pope from 1492 to 1503.

Pope Alexander took over much of Italy by force with the help of his son Cesare (yes, his son). He had a racy relationship with his daughter Lucrezia (some say her son was his). And he liked to throw big parties, bordering on orgies, that usually culminated with little naked boys jumping out of large cakes.

Have you never watched "The Borgias"??

Good show and Lucrezia . . .

deiseach

Denn Forever

I thought that God gave us free will but Eve abused it and was thrown out of heaven.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Jesus said that Scripture was infallible.

Nowhere in Scripture is the infallibility of Peter or his successors mentioned.

In fact the primacy of the Bishop of Rome is highly dubious, for example, there isn't any evidence that St. Peter was ever in Rome and we know the Bishop of Rome used a forgery to back his claim for primacy around 800AD.

Anyway back to Fearon. When asked about Pope Francis changing the rules regarding the creation of saints, Tony cited Papal Infallibility (by saying the Pope is 'divinely inspired').

Pope Francis didn't cite Papal Infallibility in this case so it doesn't apply. In fact there have been only 3 cases where it has ever been cited:

1854 Pope Pius IX declared Immaculate Conception;
1870 Vatican I infallibly declared Papal Infallibility to be true;
1950 Pope Pius XII declared Mary's Assumption into Heaven;

Here is a quote from John Paul II (NB: he said it before he was Pope): "....any change on the birth control issue would destroy the principle of papal infallibility, and that infallibility was the fundamental principle of the Church upon which all else rests."

That last quote would appear to diminish the role of Jesus as a fundamental basis of the Church. Or the Bible. Or anything other than the Papacy.

MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

It all boils down to faith.

Franko

Quote from: T Fearon on March 11, 2016, 02:00:42 PM

Well that's it then lads.  Pack up your things and go, this debate is done.

muppet

Quote from: Franko on March 11, 2016, 02:34:57 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 11, 2016, 02:00:42 PM

Well that's it then lads.  Pack up your things and go, this debate is done.

Why do you keep doing this?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Keep doing what? Demanding some respect for those who have religous beliefs? Its hardly unreasonable is it?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 11, 2016, 03:13:24 PM
Keep doing what? Demanding some respect for those who have religous beliefs? Its hardly unreasonable is it?

;D ;D ;D

I was asking Franko why he keeps telling us to stop.
MWWSI 2017

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on March 11, 2016, 03:13:24 PM

Like the respect you showed to the children who were abused or their parents, you can lick the altar rails all you want, but you are the most unchristian half wit on this board.

T Fearon

Will someone explain to me how it is responsible parenting in any era to drive one's young children to a meeting with clergy,let them attend the meeting unaccompanied without finding out what the hell its all about?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 11, 2016, 04:10:19 PM
Will someone explain to me how it is responsible parenting in any era to drive one's young children to a meeting with clergy,let them attend the meeting unaccompanied without finding out what the hell its all about?

You mean like Confessions?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I think you know thats nonsensical.