Things people do on TV / in films that never happen in real life

Started by Eamonnca1, February 07, 2019, 12:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Getting into the shower and then turning on the water without testing the temperature with their finger first.

Driving for long periods without looking at the road without crashing.

Hanging up the phone without so much as a goodbye.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 07, 2019, 12:19:26 AM
Getting into the shower and then turning on the water without testing the temperature with their finger first.

Driving for long periods without looking at the road without crashing.

Hanging up the phone without so much as a goodbye.

Do it all the time, you need to grow a pair eamonn if your afeared of a wee drop o cawl water

Cunny Funt

Any lock can be picked with a credit card or paperclip. Talking into a mirror to boost your own confidence.

Aaron Boone

Getting a parking space outside the building you are visiting no bother.

Dodging bullets in a shootout, but your one shot is enough to take out the bad guy.

MoChara

"Wanna go on  date tomorrow"

"Sure "

"Cool, I'll see ya there"

No time, no location, no swapping phone numbers f**k all organised the whole evenings going to be a disaster

AZOffaly

Bad guys using machine guns or automatic rifles, spraying hundreds of rounds all over the place and only hitting glass dividers, sofas, tables or filing cabinets. Good Guy picks them off one by one with a handgun without changing clips.

BennyCake

Knock someone's door. Give them half a second to answer, before knocking again.

Everyone always has a crystal clear mobile reception. There's none of this "houl on, I can't hear you. Let me take this into another room"

Someone having a lazy day at home, yet are dressed up like they're in a fashion show. No track bottoms and an old football shirt there!

declan85

Putting the USB stick in correctly at the first attempt. No need to turn it over and try again!

Orior

Getting the right cord to pull when opening blinds or curtains. It's always the other cord.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trailer

Anyone can land a plane as long as someone can talk you down.

Nobody ever goes out on the lash and is completely dying the next day.

BennyCake

Dolph1

Accepting the results of an election without resorting to unhinged mass hysteria. Circa 2016. In the USA.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

ziggysego

Spend three weeks as a person with a disability inspiring a group of misfits and being accepted as their friend.

Never seen again.
Testing Accessibility

Boycey

Crooks always wait til the cops are just about to have their coffee and donuts before speeding past them. 

north_antrim_hound

American car chase, the bad guys drive cars that explode and burst into a fire ball sometimes before they

1 hit another car
2 drive over any verge
3 roll over
4 shot at with small hand gun

Obviously these cars don't comply with EU manufacturing safety regulation and Brexit could see an influx of these four wheeled ovens if Sammy Wilson is right and we join the WTO
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets