Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Some nonsense this with fury

MK

Quote from: screenexile on August 18, 2018, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 18, 2018, 09:28:00 PM
Tyson Fury fight is farcical...Looks like the biggest set-up ever...OMG

Hopefully this Wilder fight is announced and we can see what he's really like. For my money he got lucky against Klitschko the Wilder fight will tell a tale!

Jaysus this gets more like WWE every minute ::) ::)

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on August 18, 2018, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 18, 2018, 09:28:00 PM
Tyson Fury fight is farcical...Looks like the biggest set-up ever...OMG

Hopefully this Wilder fight is announced and we can see what he's really like. For my money he got lucky against Klitschko the Wilder fight will tell a tale!

Fury looked good tonight. He schooled Klitschko
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Itchy

Any big money on 4th round knock out tonight??

screenexile

That was much more impressive than what Fury served up!!

nrico2006

The towel went in quick
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

Saw a boy on twitter say his team had agreed at start of round that they would call it quits if he was getting battered.

Two much more dignified boys now than those two heavyweight pricks.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2018, 11:09:42 PM
The towel went in quick

How? He was being outclassed the entire fight (as was expected) and had been badly hurt and down the previous round. He was looking to the referee for protection for no reason whatsoever when taking big shots. Corner got it absolutely bang on.

BennyHarp

I thought Fury looked ok last night. The guys been out for nearly 3 years and ballooned to 27 stone, what he needed more than anything was rounds and he got that. Some of his combinations looked fairly slick to me and his movement off the ropes at times looked very good. Fury always looks a bit awkward and will never have the aesthetic appeal of the likes of others but ffs have a look at Wilder's style. The awkwardness of Fury, his switching to southpaw, his ability to judge distance and avoid being hit, combined with quick hands makes him a very tough opponent. Unless Wilder catches him with one of his windmills if Fury loses concentration, then I expect the fight to be similar to last night and the Wlad fight where Fury jabs all night and rarely gets hit. Unless of course Fury loses the plot before then.
That was never a square ball!!

smort

Quote from: gallsman on August 18, 2018, 11:20:08 PM
The towel went in quick

How? He was being outclassed the entire fight (as was expected) and had been badly hurt and down the previous round. He was looking to the referee for protection for no reason whatsoever when taking big shots. Corner got it absolutely bang on.

Had it on the radio last night in work and they listened in to Jackson's corner at the start of the round, Jackson didn't want to go back out but the corner told him to go out on his shield and give them 30seconds.

Commentators couldn't believe it saying it was a disgrace sending their man back out, it's their duty to protect him

imtommygunn

Quote from: smort on August 19, 2018, 11:59:43 AM
Quote from: gallsman on August 18, 2018, 11:20:08 PM
The towel went in quick

That's interesting. You got absolutely none of that detail on the tv! Commentary ridiculously one sided so they didn't say much about jackson.

Had it on the radio last night in work and they listened in to Jackson's corner at the start of the round, Jackson didn't want to go back out but the corner told him to go out on his shield and give them 30seconds.

Commentators couldn't believe it saying it was a disgrace sending their man back out, it's their duty to protect him

Orior

Can anyone confirm or deny that there was "F*#% the pope" songs at Windsor Park on Saturday night?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on August 21, 2018, 11:04:50 AM
Can anyone confirm or deny that there was "F*#% the pope" songs at Windsor Park on Saturday night?

I'd family at the fight. no one mentioned it, lads from the club at it also, nowt said..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

To be fair anyone going to Windsor Park and getting offended by that type of chanting would need to take a look at themselves.

Spoke to numerous people who attended and heard the chanting inside but more so outside the ground.

lurganblue

Quote from: NAG1 on August 21, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

To be fair anyone going to Windsor Park and getting offended by that type of chanting would need to take a look at themselves.

Spoke to numerous people who attended and heard the chanting inside but more so outside the ground.

Was to be expected. Along with the usual stand up for the ulster men chant that fairly splits the audience.

Thought Frampton looked sharp tbh, even taking into consideration his opponent.  I'd expect him to have too much for Warrington.