Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

The giant Italian hailstone record of a week ago has already been broken. Meanwhile in Milan if you want your car fixed the body shops and autoglass people are offering appointments in January.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Don Johnson

Seen a lot of the ones in the Bella Italia group just had to abandon their hire cars at the site last week. No fit state to drive back to the airports.

armaghniac

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 01, 2023, 11:28:00 AM
Seen a lot of the ones in the Bella Italia group just had to abandon their hire cars at the site last week. No fit state to drive back to the airports.

I wonder how does car hire insurance deal with hail?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

WeeDonns

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 01, 2023, 11:28:00 AM

Would those drivers be hit with a penalty for not returning their hire cars to the airport?
Or would they due compensation because the vehicle became unroadworthy & hire company didn't get them sorted in time (hardly)

Harold Disgracey

Ended up cancelling my trip to Sicily and am now going to San Sebastián on Sunday. Any one been, any tips/recommendations?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 03, 2023, 03:02:03 PM
Ended up cancelling my trip to Sicily and am now going to San Sebastián on Sunday. Any one been, any tips/recommendations?

Sicily still too hot still or fires still happening ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2023, 03:38:02 PM

I think Sicily is relatively ok now, but we were running out of time to cancel the hotel without penalty and she who must be obeyed didn't want to take the risk. I waited until the last minute before cancelling but it wasn't looking promising at the time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 03, 2023, 04:01:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2023, 03:38:02 PM

I think Sicily is relatively ok now, but we were running out of time to cancel the hotel without penalty and she who must be obeyed didn't want to take the risk. I waited until the last minute before cancelling but it wasn't looking promising at the time.

I feel your pain  :D easy life and all that !!

Daughter still heading to Rhodes end of next week, flights heading out it seems on Tuesday there and nothing from travel company to suggest any issues, the area they are at is completely unaffected.

Off to Palma tomorrow, so looking forward to decent weather tapas wine and some of.....sangria  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Eat. A lot.

Rois

I would really appreciate if you let me know what it is like - considering it for anOctober break with two young kids in tow. Struggling to find a suitable hotel.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2023, 08:57:01 PM
I would really appreciate if you let me know what it is like - considering it for anOctober break with two young kids in tow. Struggling to find a suitable hotel.

Will do. We're staying in the Zenit Convento San Martin Hotel.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 03, 2023, 09:44:54 PM

That's not the sort of gaff for 2 weans!

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 03, 2023, 10:33:39 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on August 03, 2023, 09:44:54 PM

That's not the sort of gaff for 2 weans!

My weans are staying there with us, then again they're 22 and 20!

Gold

Quote from: gallsman on August 03, 2023, 08:41:49 PM

Eat. A lot.

I'm heading at end of the month. Flying to Biarritz and gonna stay with family at least some of the time in Donostia/San Sebastian.....by the way my uncle told me calling it San Sebastian is like calling Derry Londonderry

I'll stay in Donostia at least a few days but might do a few nights in Bilbao and then the same in Biarritz to finish....anyone been or think that's a good idea or should I stay in Donostia the whole time? Going with my wife just
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

galwayman

Stayed in San Sebastián for 5 nights back in 2014.
The main beach La Concha is really nice.
Lots of great places for food in the old town.
The newer part then has your high street shops etc.
Very nice place I'd definitely return.
I can't remember the names of the places we ate in now at this stage but there's good places all over.