Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 06, 2023, 09:50:29 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 06, 2023, 09:44:40 PM
Looking to do a Florida trip next year. Any recommendations on what parks to do and how to book them? Would like a week in the Kissimmee area and then to Clear Water for a week.

I see Disney now has 4 parks and want to do Universal & Island Adventure. Can't do all in a week or even afford it so what would be 'must do's? Kids ranging in age from 6-15 yrs old.

Magic kingdom is a must. Mgm studios is ok. Some good stuff for older children. You could give the other two a miss if you're stuck for time.
Prepare your day the week before. Order fast passes. These are free and will let you skip the queue for a ride if you go at a certain time slot. You can save HOURS of your day doing this (seriously).
They only let you get so many fast passes a day (might be 3, it's been a while) so save it for the busiest stuff. For anything you aren't fast passing, start at the back of the park in the morning and work your way towards the entrance. Everyone else will be doing it in the opposite direction.

Go to Universal studios! The 15 year old will thank you. Its fantastic and is alot cheaper than Disney. They should have a similar queue jump pass system. The Harry Potter stuff is really really good.
I've been to them all a few times so shout if you arent sure of anything.

Good man...yes we have season passes for Universal in LA and our kids love it. Meeting the rest of the family halfway so want them to get to experience as much as they can.

Who do you book through? Is there combo tickets available?

RedHand88

It was 2016 last time I was there. I think I got them out there. From what I mind alot of ordinary shops sell the park tickets. But I'd imagine it's a more modern system now. Was still cards at that stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on June 06, 2023, 09:44:40 PM
Looking to do a Florida trip next year. Any recommendations on what parks to do and how to book them? Would like a week in the Kissimmee area and then to Clear Water for a week.

I see Disney now has 4 parks and want to do Universal & Island Adventure. Can't do all in a week or even afford it so what would be 'must do's? Kids ranging in age from 6-15 yrs old.

Been three times, always rented house in Kissimmee area, but first time as kids were younger we did Disney which is great, but when they got older universal was the best, but I'd like to go back with my kids when they have their own.

What I do know is it cost a fecking fortune so start saving, the water park is great too but feck you'll do well to get to do most of the slides due to the waits. Fast pass in Disney and single riders in Universal was the way forward.

Did the alligator sight seeing on the fan boats, did escape rooms and basically ate out every night! But there is so much to pack in and one week is only good enough for one park, either Disney or Universal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PMG1

Sons is flying out early in morn from Dublin, saying airports all booked up including Clayton, any tips on what to do? Is there somewhere he cud just park his car and get a taxi?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: PMG1 on June 06, 2023, 10:35:54 PM
Sons is flying out early in morn from Dublin, saying airports all booked up including Clayton, any tips on what to do? Is there somewhere he cud just park his car and get a taxi?

take the bus, far less hassle

never take your own car to the airport, costs more than your actual flight on fuel and parking

North Man

I took the bus last week to Dublin airport, £27 return from Strabane.
Far less hassle, I usually drove, good value I believe.

maddog

Any recommendations for Belfast cab tour of the Falls/Shankhill etc ? Have a friend over there next weekend wants to give it a go. Maybe skip Foneacab.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on June 06, 2023, 11:37:11 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on June 06, 2023, 10:35:54 PM

take the bus, far less hassle

never take your own car to the airport, costs more than your actual flight on fuel and parking
Not always possible due to flight times

Mickey Linden

Anyone know of any bars in loreet de mar to watch hurling?

Harold Disgracey

I'm due to go to Sicily on 6th August, the current situation there is very concerning. My wife is seriously wavering about going now, the weather forecast is a bit more promising over the coming weeks, we have until Friday to decide about cancelling the hotel, I doubt very much that Ryanair would be as accommodating.

Tony Baloney

Hopefully if it is a heatwave it'll be over soon. I recall discussing Sicily on here and I'm glad we didnt bother as would have been there last week. The treatment of some people in Rhodes is bloody awful.

armaghniac

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 25, 2023, 05:21:54 PM
I'm due to go to Sicily on 6th August, the current situation there is very concerning. My wife is seriously wavering about going now, the weather forecast is a bit more promising over the coming weeks, we have until Friday to decide about cancelling the hotel, I doubt very much that Ryanair would be as accommodating.

Sicily has an average of 31C in August anyhow, it may just be that.
Ryanair eased up on their rebooking charges during Covid, I'm not sure what they are now but it might be possible to simply change the date

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 25, 2023, 05:33:41 PM
Hopefully if it is a heatwave it'll be over soon. I recall discussing Sicily on here and I'm glad we didnt bother as would have been there last week. The treatment of some people in Rhodes is bloody awful.

Rhodes is a crisis and of course people are not getting the holidays that they would like. However, the poor people are those in Rhodes are those people who lost their houses and possessions or were injured.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Daughter due to head there about the 8th of August, it may not happen if this isn't under control or the heatwave continues

Could take years for things to get back to normal. She's had no word on cancelling from the tour group she's used. Hopefully it's protected!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

The hail storm during the week at Lake Garda was mental. Cars and mobiles all ruined.

armaghniac

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 29, 2023, 09:42:12 AM
The hail storm during the week at Lake Garda was mental. Cars and mobiles all ruined.

Serious stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZ5tvJoSWQ
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B