Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Quote from: Rois on July 08, 2022, 11:43:24 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on July 08, 2022, 11:31:16 PM
Just spent 3 weeks in South East France on the med, great campsite as I said before.
Sounds great - which campsite was it? I have a feeling we're going to love our Eurocamp trip in September to Italy,  and get the bug, even though our kids are too young at the minute.
Les Sablons. Kids are never too young for a Eurocamp type holiday, ours have been at them since toddlers. Wee bit of advice in my experience, better to book directly with on-site website and take the camp sites own accommodation and book your own flights, much better value and can also request to be in a certain area of the sites I.e. near beach or near entertainment centre etc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: PMG1 on July 09, 2022, 11:48:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2022, 11:40:21 PM
Just spent 3 weeks in South East France on the med, great campsite as I said before. Had a beautiful meal tonight, a starter that was more than big enough for 2, 2 main courses and a bottle of Chardonnay, €50.50, I ate out virtually every night, had a great time and would say the 3 weeks of constant sunshine cost less than a week in any Irish resort. Now I love Irish cities like Galway, Ennis etc but they have completely priced themselves out of it. Already booked for next year

Le Vieux port?
No.Le Vieux Port is in south west France, have been there a few times, good spot but weather is better on East coast. This one is Les Sablons in Portiragnes Plage, right on the beach, one minutes walk from the village, on site shop very reasonable, have a great pool that is for adults only and another couple of pools for all, water park 6 mile away, theme park 3 mile away

Yes, getting my west and east wrong, we stayed in a few places on the Med that were amazing never been that far south (towards Spain) where did you fly into?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PMG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2022, 12:08:36 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on July 09, 2022, 11:48:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2022, 11:40:21 PM
Just spent 3 weeks in South East France on the med, great campsite as I said before. Had a beautiful meal tonight, a starter that was more than big enough for 2, 2 main courses and a bottle of Chardonnay, €50.50, I ate out virtually every night, had a great time and would say the 3 weeks of constant sunshine cost less than a week in any Irish resort. Now I love Irish cities like Galway, Ennis etc but they have completely priced themselves out of it. Already booked for next year

Le Vieux port?
No.Le Vieux Port is in south west France, have been there a few times, good spot but weather is better on East coast. This one is Les Sablons in Portiragnes Plage, right on the beach, one minutes walk from the village, on site shop very reasonable, have a great pool that is for adults only and another couple of pools for all, water park 6 mile away, theme park 3 mile away

Yes, getting my west and east wrong, we stayed in a few places on the Med that were amazing never been that far south (towards Spain) where did you fly into?
Flew into Nimes, but Carcasonne and Perpignan are all roughly the same distance away, all about 70 mins drive. Bezier is very close but expensive to fly to

Milltown Row2

Off to Malaga for 5 nights on Monday, well I hope to be if airport is grand!! Hearing Old town is a great spot to be for Tapas bars and the like, any other things recommend in Malaga to do? Other than relaxing and sampling the refreshments?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2022, 02:37:27 PM
Off to Malaga for 5 nights on Monday, well I hope to be if airport is grand!! Hearing Old town is a great spot to be for Tapas bars and the like, any other things recommend in Malaga to do? Other than relaxing and sampling the refreshments?

Use Tripadvisor (things to do section) or Google Malaga attractions.

There are literally travel blogs on every destination nowadays, Santorini Dave being one of the most known.

I do all my own research as what one person finds interesting mightn't be to you.

ONeill

Off to Moira for a few days. Any tips for local cuisine, attractions or amusements?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

grounded

Was there for 3 days a few years ago, really enjoyed it. A few highlights were the Alcazaba up on the hill. Bit of a hike to get there but beautiful. The amphitheatre, although when we were there they were renovating it (it should definitely be completed by now! They held open air concerts/shows in the evening.
         The plaza del torros, loads of little tapas bars in and around that area and obviously the ring itself.
           The Picasso museum was ok.
Lots to see/do for a few days.
        Word of warning a few dodgy areas around the bull ring that are notorious for pick pocketing/mugging so take care/go in a group.

onefineday

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 08, 2022, 10:39:07 PM
Any advice for things to do near Druids Glen? Down with 3 youngish kids, youngest 2 oldest 9. Just looking few things to do during the day to keep them entertained!!
Zoom soft play area in greystones is only a few minutes away, likewise kilcoo pet farm - glenroe.
Kilquaid garden centre grand for a few hours too. Also powerscourt estate gardens etc. Though for the age the pet farm and zoom be your best bets.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: grounded on July 14, 2022, 08:22:22 AM

Was there for 3 days a few years ago, really enjoyed it. A few highlights were the Alcazaba up on the hill. Bit of a hike to get there but beautiful. The amphitheatre, although when we were there they were renovating it (it should definitely be completed by now! They held open air concerts/shows in the evening.
         The plaza del torros, loads of little tapas bars in and around that area and obviously the ring itself.
           The Picasso museum was ok.
Lots to see/do for a few days.
        Word of warning a few dodgy areas around the bull ring that are notorious for pick pocketing/mugging so take care/go in a group.

Thanks for that, looking to take her up that hill, probably do it myself some morning before she's up!! Think we are staying not to far from the bull ring so that should be on the list!

trueblue1234

Quote from: onefineday on July 15, 2022, 08:26:16 AM
Any advice for things to do near Druids Glen? Down with 3 youngish kids, youngest 2 oldest 9. Just looking few things to do during the day to keep them entertained!!
Zoom soft play area in greystones is only a few minutes away, likewise kilcoo pet farm - glenroe.
Kilquaid garden centre grand for a few hours too. Also powerscourt estate gardens etc. Though for the age the pet farm and zoom be your best bets.

Cheers for that!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bennydorano

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2022, 09:32:05 AM

Cheers for that!!

https://www.claralara.ie/

Used to take the kids to Clara Lara funpark when down Wicklow direction. 30 mins away from you.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on July 15, 2022, 11:35:31 AM

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2022, 09:32:05 AM

Cheers for that!!

https://www.claralara.ie/

Used to take the kids to Clara Lara funpark when down Wicklow direction. 30 mins away from you.

Yeah been to Clara Lara before and older 2 loved it. Great spot in the good weather and looks like we'll be getting a bit next week.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

An Watcher

Anyone ever use the evening before bag drop at dublin airport?  Sounds like a good job to save a few minutes the morning of your flight

Rois

Only available for a few airlines, Aer Lingus being one of them.
Bag drop was a nightmare for us last Monday morning flying Swiss Air. Nearly missed our flight, only for the kindness of other passengers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on July 16, 2022, 12:03:23 PM
Only available for a few airlines, Aer Lingus being one of them.
Bag drop was a nightmare for us last Monday morning flying Swiss Air. Nearly missed our flight, only for the kindness of other passengers.

From Belfast?