Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 05, 2021, 11:23:43 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2021, 01:00:24 PM
Quote from: general on October 04, 2021, 10:48:26 AM
So ive got my NI Covid Vaccine Document - 1 Bar Code and 2 QR Codes on it

what do i do with it now to get the EU Passport?

I've just read that a Day 2 Covid Test booking is required to get back to Belfast - absolute money racket

To get the EU Passport is an absolute nightmare process. . . I've been trying since last week and only this morning I think it's gone through correctly but won't know until tomorrow.

You need to first get your NI COVID Cert. and then save the 2nd QR Code into a PNG or PDF format.

The next part is difficult as the Irish Govt Website is glitchy and only accepts your application if you disable CORS on your browser. There is a link how to do that here:

https://alfilatov.com/posts/run-chrome-without-cors/

Once you've done that open the new version of Chrome and complete the application at the below address and submit then hopefully you'll be accepted!

https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/third-country-cert-request/

Also note it needs to be done on a laptop or desktop computer!
Cheers i will try this tonight SE, I have no idea what CORS is or does but do you need to reinstall it after you complete the application (and  is it straightforward to do)

No you set up a shortcut that points to a different version of Chrome. Once you're done you delete the shortcut and you're grand!

screenexile

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 05, 2021, 09:00:44 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2021, 12:39:05 AM
Got the cert from Dept of Health this evening!
Cannot get this to work, I've tried scanning the paper PDF and screenshot of the app QR code, all rejected. Which did you use?

As noted above Aia you have to use a different version of chrome. It's not the QR code it's the browser you're using.

PMG1

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2021, 02:40:59 PM
Cannot get this to work, I've tried scanning the paper PDF and screenshot of the app QR code, all rejected. Which did you use?

As noted above Aia you have to use a different version of chrome. It's not the QR code it's the browser you're using.
For us less technical does it have to be chrome, can it be done on explorer, I would t have a clue how to  go about getting a different version of chrome or even know which version I am using

screenexile

Quote from: PMG1 on October 05, 2021, 05:03:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2021, 02:40:59 PM

For us less technical does it have to be chrome, can it be done on explorer, I would t have a clue how to  go about getting a different version of chrome or even know which version I am using

You need to disable CORS in whatever browser your running I use Chrome which is why I posted it  here but you'll need to do something roughly similar to what I've laid out above for Edge or Explorer sorry.

They've made a complete balls of this and I've rung the helpline and they're totally clueless I'm not sure what's being done to update or improve the system either there's very little mention of it people seem just happy enough to bang there QR code into the Irish tracker app and hope that'll work.

It probably will but I know I'd rather the thing was working properly!

PMG1

I got an EU digital cert on the covid tracker app a few weeks ago, going to Portugal on Friday so hoping this will work as chances of them sorting the new system before then is it good according to their helpline

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2021, 02:40:03 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on October 05, 2021, 11:23:43 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2021, 01:00:24 PM
Quote from: general on October 04, 2021, 10:48:26 AM
So ive got my NI Covid Vaccine Document - 1 Bar Code and 2 QR Codes on it

what do i do with it now to get the EU Passport?

I've just read that a Day 2 Covid Test booking is required to get back to Belfast - absolute money racket

To get the EU Passport is an absolute nightmare process. . . I've been trying since last week and only this morning I think it's gone through correctly but won't know until tomorrow.

You need to first get your NI COVID Cert. and then save the 2nd QR Code into a PNG or PDF format.

The next part is difficult as the Irish Govt Website is glitchy and only accepts your application if you disable CORS on your browser. There is a link how to do that here:

https://alfilatov.com/posts/run-chrome-without-cors/

Once you've done that open the new version of Chrome and complete the application at the below address and submit then hopefully you'll be accepted!

https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/third-country-cert-request/

Also note it needs to be done on a laptop or desktop computer!
Cheers i will try this tonight SE, I have no idea what CORS is or does but do you need to reinstall it after you complete the application (and  is it straightforward to do)

No you set up a shortcut that points to a different version of Chrome. Once you're done you delete the shortcut and you're grand!

Thanks SE much appreciated

Rois

Quote from: PMG1 on October 05, 2021, 07:26:54 PM
I got an EU digital cert on the covid tracker app a few weeks ago, going to Portugal on Friday so hoping this will work as chances of them sorting the new system before then is it good according to their helpline
I would make sure that's definitely going to work - just uploading your own NI cert to the ROI tracker is not the same thing.  You'll still need the PCR test to get in, if that's the case. 

Applesisapples

I rang the help line yesterday got speaking to an Irish person as opposed to the Indian lady previously. He informed me that there is a software issue. They are aware of it and are working to resolve. in the meantime it will be hit or miss as to whether you get a cert.

Harold Disgracey

The website appears to be working now. Just got it to work from my iPad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2021, 09:12:51 AM
I would make sure that's definitely going to work - just uploading your own NI cert to the ROI tracker is not the same thing.  You'll still need the PCR test to get in, if that's the case.

Mate headed to Portugal on Tuesday with work, couldn't get out of airport until they carried out a covid test. All double jabbed, I thought these places were open without tests?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2021, 09:06:40 PM
Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2021, 09:12:51 AM

Mate headed to Portugal on Tuesday with work, couldn't get out of airport until they carried out a covid test. All double jabbed, I thought these places were open without tests?
Portugal is the exception.  You can get out with the EU Covid Cert though...whenever we get it. 

Applesisapples

The portal is now working. Upload the QR code for Vax 2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 07, 2021, 08:34:37 AM
The portal is now working. Upload the QR code for Vax 2.

Link?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey