The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Premier League statement: "In light of Arsenal's announcement confirming that first-team coach Mikel Arteta has tested positive for COVID-19, the Premier League will convene an emergency club meeting tomorrow morning regarding future fixtures."

League will be suspended.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Capt Pat

Quote from: Ambrose on March 12, 2020, 10:52:39 PM
Premier League statement: "In light of Arsenal's announcement confirming that first-team coach Mikel Arteta has tested positive for COVID-19, the Premier League will convene an emergency club meeting tomorrow morning regarding future fixtures."

Arsenal will have to self isolate but the rest should carry on imho. Liverpool just need 2 more wins.

thewobbler

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 12, 2020, 11:01:14 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on March 12, 2020, 10:52:39 PM

Arsenal will have to self isolate but the rest should carry on imho. Liverpool just need 2 more wins.

If the relegation battle was equally as locked up then there could be some sense in playing out a few games. But it's likely to go to week 38. So logic would suggest to pull the pin now.

J70

Lads, they have to suspend the season. Arteta is only the start.

Restart it sometime in May or June, presuming this thing is under control by then and everyone is healthy. f**k the Euros. Start next season late and don't run the League Cup or whatever.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Euros are already being moved to 2021

Denn Forever

Unfortunatly if it stops now, it will be  Liverpool PL champions 2020*
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 13, 2020, 11:24:40 AM
Unfortunatly if it stops now, it will be  Liverpool PL champions 2020*
So be it if that becomes a reality. It's a balls but far from the most important thing right now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteI don't think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I've said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren't important at all.

Of course, we don't want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don't want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it's a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it's no contest. Really, it isn't.

Today's decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don't take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You'll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

laoislad

Klopp has it right, football isn't important right now. Yeah me and every other Liverpool fan wouldn't be the happiest if it is all made void but in reality its really not that important.
Both my parents are just over cancer and are both in their 70s. I'm genuinely terrified that they are going to get this, they are prime candidates for it. I'm not going anywhere near them with my kids and its bloody hard to do that. People reveling in the fact that Liverpool might not win the league if the season is made void haven't much to be worried about.