The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 12, 2020, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:20:28 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 12, 2020, 12:10:57 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:03:40 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 11, 2020, 11:53:29 PM
The mancs flocking in on this is hilarious. Thinking they're forgetting they've a big Thursday night game against LASK coming up. Klopp doesn't care about the cups, simple, so that slag is void. The league has been easy. CL a bit mixed but mainly due to our lack of strength in depth that we wil build on. LFC be favourite for both competitions next year.

I'm not a manc. I just follow United.

Liverpool are deservedly far ahead in the PL. I'd just be somewhat disappointed as the season promised so much more for them.
So you're a manc. Or if you don't class yourself as that you're a glory hunter, like most United fans over  the past 20 years. I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm not "somewhat disappointed" because we've walked the league, albeit been complacent in the CL but it's only the start of it.

Dude, you're a Liverpool fan, I'm a United fan. I'm no more a Manc than you are a scouser. Support your team and quit with the insults.
What are you on about you wet wipe. I never insulted you. If you're so precious then get off a Liverpool page to save you the bother.

Oh, didn't realise you had to be a Liverpool fan to post here  ::)

I'll no doubt see you on the United thread tomorrow night ;)

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:28:17 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 12, 2020, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:20:28 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 12, 2020, 12:10:57 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 12:03:40 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 11, 2020, 11:53:29 PM
The mancs flocking in on this is hilarious. Thinking they're forgetting they've a big Thursday night game against LASK coming up. Klopp doesn't care about the cups, simple, so that slag is void. The league has been easy. CL a bit mixed but mainly due to our lack of strength in depth that we wil build on. LFC be favourite for both competitions next year.

I'm not a manc. I just follow United.

Liverpool are deservedly far ahead in the PL. I'd just be somewhat disappointed as the season promised so much more for them.
So you're a manc. Or if you don't class yourself as that you're a glory hunter, like most United fans over  the past 20 years. I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm not "somewhat disappointed" because we've walked the league, albeit been complacent in the CL but it's only the start of it.

Dude, you're a Liverpool fan, I'm a United fan. I'm no more a Manc than you are a scouser. Support your team and quit with the insults.
What are you on about you wet wipe. I never insulted you. If you're so precious then get off a Liverpool page to save you the bother.

Oh, didn't realise you had to be a Liverpool fan to post here  ::)

I'll no doubt see you on the United thread tomorrow night ;)
Nah lad, United stopped being relevant for me about 5 years ago. I don't even look at their results anymore such is the gulf between the two sides. So no; you won't see me on the United thread, but good luck against LASK, yous will likely need it 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

An Watcher

At the end of the day, all the squabbling is over two foreign teams. As someone else pointed out, most of us aren't scouser or mancs.

AFM

Quote from: An Watcher on March 12, 2020, 07:05:48 AM
At the end of the day, all the squabbling is over two foreign teams. As someone else pointed out, most of us aren't scouser or mancs.

Jesus I though with the we and us, it was the players discussing the games on here.  ;D

dublin7

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 11, 2020, 11:10:10 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on March 11, 2020, 11:05:30 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 11, 2020, 10:59:27 PM
Same old Liverpool. Couldn't finish their dinner and it came back to bite them on the hole. Didn't help with Adrian getting on like a half wit (again) to put it politely. We got what we deserved. Good job we've the league to lift within the next week or so or the last few week would have been viewed as disgraceful, and should be.
That's just nonsense. That "same old Liverpool" will be league champions this season and have beaten all in front of them in the premier league this season.

The difference tonight was AM had a quality keeper and Liverpool had Adrian. At 2-0 they were gone and were gifted a goal to get them back in front in the tie.
You're talking muck, again.
Yes, 'typical' Liverpool is to play teams off the park but fail to take their chances, and let in stupid goals in return. Happens too often.
How many games have Liverpool drawn & lost this year?? Topped their group in the CL and U23s team played in Carabo cup game they lost.

Shows how fickle some people are. Lose 1 game and all of a sudden you go from brilliant to s**t overnight.

I wasn't around to see the Liverpool 70s/80s sides, so this is the best Liverpool side I've ever seen. 2 CL final appearances, 1 victory and a league title in 3 seasons!! That's the "same old Liverpool" not one freak result like last night

trailer

trueblue1234

Look it's disappointing to be knocked out of the CL especially when it was there for the taking before Adrian's brain fart. It's one of the only two competitions that's worth winning these days. So of course that's going to be a disappointment. But we have the league wrapped up (More or less) and if you were given the choice at the start of the season that's what 99% would have went for!!

Next year will be our year for the double.  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Liverpool were by far the better team but have recently struggled to put the chances away that are presenting themselves, Firmino the main culprit but as much as Mane and Salah played well last night they left a good few chances behind them.

Adrain is a backup keeper and showed it last night and as much as his clearance/pass was piss poor his positional sense for that goal and the last one was awful. Gomez didn't cover himself in glory for the second one, though he stood off too much and allowed Llorente to pick his spot.

All that said the Premier league could be in the bag before this month is out.  Liverpool fans will be more than happy with that.

Much being made of AM and their style. They're up against Barcelona and neighbours Real with much more resources and under Simeone with his ultra defensive style they give both their fill of it so it's understandable to an extent. They got lucky last night, no doubt about it.

Maroon Manc

I have no idea on stats but how many minutes would Liverpool's front 3 have played in comparison to the other top forwards in the premier league? Its impossible to keep that run of form going all season but I'd have thought once the league was secure which was 2 months ago then he could have concentrated on the cups.

dublin7

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 12, 2020, 10:48:32 AM
I have no idea on stats but how many minutes would Liverpool's front 3 have played in comparison to the other top forwards in the premier league? Its impossible to keep that run of form going all season but I'd have thought once the league was secure which was 2 months ago then he could have concentrated on the cups.

Klopp only interested on the CL and PL. Liverpool reached the 5th round of the FA Cup this year despite Klopp's best efforts. It's also the furthest they've gone in the FA Cup since he took over.

It's really only from 6th round on the top sides start to take it serious. It's a pity. FA Cup final day used to be great when BBC would dedicate the whole day on the TV to the build up to the game. With so much football on the TV now and how it's prestige has fallen so much there would be no point to it now 

trueblue1234

It's easy to say that now, but 2 months ago, I wouldn't have been counting it in the bag!! I still would have horrors of them slipping up.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

dec

I had hoped that Origi would see more game time after his burst of form in Europe at the end of last season. eg over a 5 game stretch each of the big 3 would get 1 game off, replaced by Origi.

Quote from: dec on March 12, 2020, 01:50:48 PM

I had hoped that Origi would see more game time after his burst of form in Europe at the end of last season. eg over a 5 game stretch each of the big 3 would get 1 game off, replaced by Origi.

Agreed, he should have. I hate that he is played on the wing when used, he is much better as a central attacker.
O'Neills Therapist

trailer

Liverpool* League cancelled due to Covid-19

J70

Quote from: trailer on March 12, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
Liverpool* League cancelled due to Covid-19

It will certainly be put back a few weeks, or at least it should be.

Postpone everything until the beginning of May, then play out two matches a week.